King Alien

Started by genocyber, Jun 06, 2016, 04:23:23 PM

Author
King Alien (Read 6,336 times)

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 10, 2016, 12:46:35 AM
Quote from: genocyber on Jun 10, 2016, 12:39:59 AM
Personally I had the idea that any drone alien could become a xenomorph if they were to live for a long enough time. An evolution if you will.

Conversely, I think it's more likely that a xenomorph could become a drone alien.
Er, I meant to say any drone alien could become a King Alien. Sorry.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 11, 2016, 09:57:28 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 11, 2016, 03:14:46 AMYou mean attacking Ripley instead of Lambert/Parker? Attacking solitary targets is safer and easier, and seemed to be the Alien's "modus operandi" up to that point (Brett, then Dallas). From a storytelling perspective, the audience is supposed to assume Ripley is going to get picked off next given the pattern, and then the Alien does the unexpected and goes for Parker and Lambert at the same time.

Well, in the alien's defense, Brett and Dallas stumbled into its personal space.  And Lambert was making one hell of a racket with all those metal canisters.

In fact, the alien wasn't really all that aggressive in the first movie.  At least, no more so than a bear defending its cave.
I don't disagree with any of that, there's certainly ways to rationalize the Alien's behavior if you want. But it could be argued that you can rationalize the Alien's behavior in any of the movies (or any source, really) if you want to. I'd argue that doing so kind of misses the point, though.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 11, 2016, 09:57:28 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 11, 2016, 03:14:46 AMYou mean attacking Ripley instead of Lambert/Parker? Attacking solitary targets is safer and easier, and seemed to be the Alien's "modus operandi" up to that point (Brett, then Dallas). From a storytelling perspective, the audience is supposed to assume Ripley is going to get picked off next given the pattern, and then the Alien does the unexpected and goes for Parker and Lambert at the same time.

Well, in the alien's defense, Brett and Dallas stumbled into its personal space.  And Lambert was making one hell of a racket with all those metal canisters.

In fact, the alien wasn't really all that aggressive in the first movie.  At least, no more so than a bear defending its cave.

I definitely agree with that, especially considering the fact that the alien was suppose to get fascinated with flashing light, like a bug. He was presented as an animal/insect, young, confused and out of his environment according to some sources, not a hunter, so what we see on screen (or dont, when it comes to alien hunting or picking up the crew) supports that

Bughunter S. Thomson

Bughunter S. Thomson

I think the fact that Jones is untouched after being up close and personal with the Alien shows it had an agenda as opposed to indiscriminate killing.

The scene in Alien 3 where you see the Runner feeding off a fresh kill really surprised me. In my mind it only bit to kill. I never thought of them needing sustinence. Which is a bit stupid of me actually.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

There's no real indication that he's chewing to eat though. Dogs chew on things as a form of 'play.'

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Bughunter S. Thomson on Jun 15, 2016, 11:24:23 AM
I think the fact that Jones is untouched after being up close and personal with the Alien shows it had an agenda as opposed to indiscriminate killing.

The scene in Alien 3 where you see the Runner feeding off a fresh kill really surprised me. In my mind it only bit to kill. I never thought of them needing sustinence. Which is a bit stupid of me actually.

They are still animals though. Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusette specifically mention in the Alien Evolution documentary that they intended for the creature to be an animal.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 26, 2016, 09:01:49 PM
There's no real indication that he's chewing to eat though. Dogs chew on things as a form of 'play.'

Agreed, but didn't Fincher proclaim that it was eating them?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 27, 2016, 09:27:16 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 26, 2016, 09:01:49 PM

Agreed, but didn't Fincher proclaim that it was eating them?

Yep, confirmed by him and ADI guys

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed