ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 397,274 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 26, 2016, 09:03:04 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 26, 2016, 06:08:55 AM
I think I would have preferred the CMTM to simply acknowledge the limitations of the smart gun and mention that the Lewis Guns were the preferred LMGs for stand-up fights.

I can definitely agree with that.

I don't suppose A:CM or any other EU stories gave the marines another light or medium machine gun that could have been the modified Lewis?  I'm calling upon your extensive knowledge of that stuff now so don't disappoint me.  ;D
A:CM doesn't have any other heavy fully-automatic weapons aside from the M56 Smartgun.
No specific gun names spring to mind from elsewhere in the EU, but the comics are littered with random "generic sci-fi guns" that could probably fit the bill if I went digging (although I'm confident none were intentionally drawn to resemble the Lewis Gun).
I don't remember if the Aliens Adventure Game RPG book gave the Marines any special ordnance, but I can check my copy in a little bit. That book predated the CMTM by several years, in fact.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 23, 2016, 04:51:42 AMMay I direct your attention to the Rule of Cool....

Again, I never said that it isn't a cool piece of kit. It's just kinda ridiculous and flawed from a logical point of view, and I find it odd when people insist it isn't. It's obviously baloney.

SM

Those "people" eh?

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2016, 10:51:56 AMThose "people" eh?

Indeed.

I hate most people.  There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.

I see the worst in people.  I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need.  I've built my hatreds up over the years, little by little, SM... to have you here gives me a second breath.  I can't keep doing this on my own with these... people.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 04, 2016, 08:01:32 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 23, 2016, 04:51:42 AMMay I direct your attention to the Rule of Cool....

Again, I never said that it isn't a cool piece of kit. It's just kinda ridiculous and flawed from a logical point of view, and I find it odd when people insist it isn't. It's obviously baloney.
The point is that it doesn't matter if it's illogical baloney if the thing in question is cool enough. :)

How does Superman fly? Like, what are the mechanics that make it possible?
Doesn't matter, his being able to fly is cool enough on its own.

HuDaFuK

To be fair, I hate Superman :P

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 05, 2016, 08:36:09 AMTo be fair, I hate Superman :P

You strike me as more of a Constantine fan.

Have you reversed your opinion about the smart gun yet?

Engineer

Sooo... I just picked up a copy of this (std. ed.). Can't wait to dive in! :-)

Local Trouble

Let us know if you spot any information regarding the size of LV-426.

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2017, 01:58:41 AM
Let us know if you spot any information regarding the size of LV-426.

Right there on page 161 the whole darn time..

...20 meters

locusta

Page 161 is my acid gun  :P

Local Trouble

Quote from: locusta on Jan 11, 2017, 11:30:41 AM
Page 161 is my acid gun  :P

Did you invent the concept and design as well or did they just ask you to illustrate it from their own ideas?

locusta

It was a co-operative design. Means, the editor had some ideas (even many more, but FOX was against a few), but he just  threw me lines like an acid gun, shock collars for warriors, Egg incubator and Xeno parts refurbished as armor or protection (like AVP skull shield). I did quick concepts and cos of time pressure (crazy one), I actually built everything in 3D instantly from scratch.

Well, the Xeno parts I took from the existing meshes and touched them up to fit the need, the Fetus was done quickly new and the egg grabbing was a few nights of model marathon.

The gun idea was entirely realized by my super soaker inspiration.

The electro shockers on the warriors I cam up with, cos I hat the collar idea, as I think they make the ALIENS look like dogs and there are these stupid concepts out with the red dog collar on an Warrior (A:CM game as well. puke).

And that was exactly three years ago now :D

Local Trouble

I would like to see more.  :)

Out of curiosity, are you familiar with Ansel Hsiao's work?  I'd characterize him as your Star Wars counterpart, except he does ships instead of aliens.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ansel_Hsiao

Xenomrph

Quote from: locusta on Feb 12, 2017, 10:47:00 PM
It was a co-operative design. Means, the editor had some ideas (even many more, but FOX was against a few), but he just  threw me lines like an acid gun, shock collars for warriors, Egg incubator and Xeno parts refurbished as armor or protection (like AVP skull shield). I did quick concepts and cos of time pressure (crazy one), I actually built everything in 3D instantly from scratch.

Well, the Xeno parts I took from the existing meshes and touched them up to fit the need, the Fetus was done quickly new and the egg grabbing was a few nights of model marathon.

The gun idea was entirely realized by my super soaker inspiration.

The electro shockers on the warriors I cam up with, cos I hat the collar idea, as I think they make the ALIENS look like dogs and there are these stupid concepts out with the red dog collar on an Warrior (A:CM game as well. puke).

And that was exactly three years ago now :D
I'd love to see other concepts as well if you're able to post them or talk about them.

Also the red dog collar in A:CM was a shout-out to a specific Aliens fan who cosplays as an Alien with a red dog collar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed