ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 401,165 times)

SM

That reads as if all those inserts were exclusive to the original release and not in the standard version.  I know Burke's business card wasn't in the standard version, but I think some of the other inserts were.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2016, 11:38:24 PMThat reads as if all those inserts were exclusive to the original release and not in the standard version.  I know Burke's business card wasn't in the standard version, but I think some of the other inserts were.

I've got both editions. The standard version only comes with five inserts - Lambert's report, the medical report on Marachuk, Hicks' field report, Space Beast, and Y. Bose's debrief. The rest listed in the bullet points are only in the Collector's Edition.

Might fiddle with that to make what is in the standard edition a bit clearer.

SM

SM

Ah.  Righto.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Ultra Special Limited Edition should have an insert with a cutaway diagram of the entire Sulaco that pinpoints the location of the egg.

I must confess I was a little disappointed that the diagram of the Sulaco's exterior didn't show us outlines of the EEVs somewhere along its outer hull.

Or was that deliberate?

Nostromo

Nostromo

Damnit local trouble lol, don't spread that endless egg debate in here too. Face palms self.   :D

SM

There were several discussions about the location of the EEVs amongst 'the brains trust' before WYR was a thing.  I don't believe we ever came to a consensus however.

Local Trouble

What was your own opinion on the matter?

SM

Originally I would've gone with the EEVs being at the bottom of the ship, due to the tubes appearing to be sliding down into lifeboat, but that doesn't fit with model we see when the EEV is launched.  Based on the door and ladders, it looks like it's being launched out the side of the ship.  There's a bunch of different factors that I haven't fully considered, but if I were to guess I'd put them midships above the conning tower and forward of the fusion torus.

Perfect-Organism

If they added some parachutes to those lifeboats, Hicks might still be around...

HuDaFuK

The novelisation did a good job of explaining why it crashes and kills almost everyone on board, but sadly the film didn't attempt to justify it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 13, 2016, 01:43:21 AM
Originally I would've gone with the EEVs being at the bottom of the ship, due to the tubes appearing to be sliding down into lifeboat, but that doesn't fit with model we see when the EEV is launched.  Based on the door and ladders, it looks like it's being launched out the side of the ship.  There's a bunch of different factors that I haven't fully considered, but if I were to guess I'd put them midships above the conning tower and forward of the fusion torus.

I see what you mean.

Could that entire chamber be zero-G?  After all, how are the waking crewmembers supposed to get to those ladders?  There's an entire row of EEVs beneath them and no visible walkway so you may be right about them detaching from the ventral hull after all.

Either way, it looks like a pretty cumbersome way to evacuate the ship for anyone not in hypersleep.

SM

There are ladders here and there to enable crew to get to EEVs, but they could also be handholds in zero g environment.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 13, 2016, 08:35:11 PM
There are ladders here and there to enable crew to get to EEVs,

But where are they supposed to start their climb from?  There's no floor at the foot of each ladder.  All I see are rungs.

SM

It's not visible in the film, but above the EEV that launches there's a hatch from elsewhere in the ship and a platform.  The ladders can be used to access to the dorsal access hatches on the EEVs.

Local Trouble

Ah.  Did you see production stills of the model somewhere?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed