It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 96,279 times)

Infected

Quote from: Vermillion on Feb 23, 2017, 12:32:10 PM
Noah's Ark this is not.

Like Camp Crystal Lake.

And David is the mother of Jason/Alien.

Ch ch ch ah ah ahhhh
The newborn IS Jason Voorhees!!!!!

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Hey guys, long time lurker, thought I'd jump in on the conversation.

Enjoyed it myself. Thought the scene had a natural feel to it with good chemistry. Laughed along with the banter and thought the character dynamics were interesting, especially Crudup's character, who came across as an uptight, judgemental, conservative type, who's nose looked bent out of joint by the more liberal attitudes of some his crew mates. The scene also gave me more confidence in Waterston's ability as a leading lady.

To those moaning about the chocking scene, I think it was meant to pay homage to John Hurt, and if that's the case, I personally feel its a nice touch. Of course, I wouldn't want such fan service in the film itself, but for a viral AD, I don't see a problem with it.

The key to Covenant being a good movie for me, is going to be down to how well it sells us the tragedy of the situation. Here we have colonists full of hopes and dreams of starting a new life together, only for it to turn into a nightmare. Get that element right and the audience invested emotionally and there's a real chance to make the xeno scary again, something its not really been since the original.

Anyway, I'm more upbeat after this than I was following the trailer and will be looking forward to more viral stuff in the coming weeks.

Enoch

So watching this, we can guess that the newest creature, newest aliens are humans themselves.

Clemens70

Clemens70

Yet another long time lurker joining in. I enjoyed it, so thought I'd put my opinion in.

Crudup is the key to this little vignette, wouldn't you agree?
Sucking up to the captain, then showing disdain that McBride's character doesn't agree ( 0.30 )
He's got a little speech planned, but is rebuked - twice.
He's happy to say, in not hushed tones, exactly what he feels about McBride's character.
And of course we can line that up with the fact that Waterston's character calls him "captain" in the trailer, doesn't she?
Group dynamics.

I wonder just how much more of Franco we will actually see in the movie?

Fassbender again impresses - I felt a chill when he said "Down the wrong pipe". Walter and a directive, perhaps?

Lastly, if this is the start of the marketing "ramp up", where does it lead us?
What clues are there, what have we been given to move us on?

I'll go back, now, to being a very interested lurker.

Thanks. ( and keep up the debate, opinions matter )

Pvt. Himmel

Enoch

Corporal was reffering to me of course. ;D

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 01:26:40 PM
Me of course. ;D

That wasn't considered spoilery??

Enoch

Enoch

Spoiler
GREAT! Its obvious, isnt it?
And he ll burn... What an irony....
[close]

It IS spoiler... :)

I would'n be surprised if Crudup's character arranged everything in order to sabotage the captain (Franco).
He prepared the speech but captain just announced that he is not feeling well. Maybe Crudup tempered
with Franco's drink to send him to his death pod earlier than the rest of the crew. Crudup's character is so nasty and I ve seen just 4 minutes of material with him. Maybe that was indeed Walter who showed him the eggs. He marked the f**ker as a threat to the rest of the crew... and therefor decided to terminate him, but without attacking him or so, instead he just showed him the eggs.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 01:35:14 PM
I would'n be surprised if Crudup's character arranged everything in order to sabotage the captain (Franco).
He prepared the speech and captain just announced that he is not feeling well. Maybe Crudup tempered
with Franco's dink to send him to his death pod. Crudup's character is so nasty and I ve seen just 4 minutes
of material with him. Maybe that was indeed Walter who showed him the eggs.
He is a talkshitter :laugh: Those are the ones you have to worry about.

Enoch

Enoch

LAST SUPPER -

Excluding the two gays and Walter (android),
there is exactly 12 crew member on the crew photo, and 13 if we count Walter.

Strange?

Cavalorn

Cavalorn

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 23, 2017, 11:27:38 AM
QuoteGuys, I think Ridley might be doing the subtle Space Jesus thing again #AlienCovenant pic.twitter.com/MQ73oZlVRS

They laughed when I first unveiled the Space Jesus theory back in the Prometheus era! They called me mad. Mad! Who's laughing now, eh? Ahahahahahah! (And so forth.)

Count me among the 'loved it' crowd. These feel like flawed human beings we can relate to, and I'm already flinching at the thought of the terrors they're going to have to face.

Mr. Clemens

Enoch! Spoilers!  >:(

Liked it, apart from the choke.

BUT:

People need to learn the difference between 'peek' and 'peak'.  :P

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 01:49:11 PM
LAST SUPPER -

Excluding the two gays and Walter (android),
there is exactly 12 crew member on the crew photo, and 13 if we count Walter.

Strange?
Poor Shaw... All she wanted to do was find out where they came from, and instead well you've read the spoilers.

TheBATMAN

Fan editor's heaven.

KillCrites

I really liked it. Digging all the religious references. The gay characters were done well, they aren't super annoying. Seems like this is just introducing us to the characters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed