Author
Splinter Cell Remake (Read 1,330 times)

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Well, it is officially happening.

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1471163343687892999

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Ubisoft's an awful company full of sex pests, and all they make's reskinned Assassin's Creed now, such a pity because I really really love Splinter Cell.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

On the one hand Splinter Cell rules, on the other hand Ubisoft has repeatedly bastardized the Tom Clancy name for years now so who knows.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Kinda make sense not continuing Fisher's storyline considering he's too damn old !

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Razz

Razz

Gonna be a long while before we see this.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Looks like Ubisoft is teasing a reveal.

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1775840272863084780

Huntsman

Huntsman

About time.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I played the first one about 20 years ago and really felt like a Predator.
The third game might be the best though (Chaos Theory), the series then took a nosedive.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Only Splinter Cell game I've played was Blacklist. Which I thought was pretty fun. But with Ubisoft the way it is now...this game has a major uphill battle to prove itself.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I felt like what they did to his daughter after the third game was a bit of a "Hicks and Newt" situation, and a bit disrespectful to both characters.
They might have retconned it later though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The issue with that's it changes Sam's character in no discernable way, in Double Agent anyway, only in superficial ways.

The original Xbox version takes more advantage of it than the Xbox 360 version, but does not stick the landing with Enrica, because it is confused about whether she ought to be an authentic romantic interest or not.

Whereas she should have been a surrogate daughter, that might have more interesting strained Sam's loyalty, and it's just not explored enough.

I really like the first three, but find Double Agent by far the most interesting one, especially with not much known about the development.

Both halves of Double Agent have some truly great stuff, and the concept of being one has the most potential out of anything the franchise did, I want to see that one not just remade but entirely rethought.

Conviction's more Taken than Tom Clancy, and it's barely Splinter Cell anymore, Blacklist tries to ride the line but comes away feeling well executed but generic.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I did not really get why they switched the voice actor for the last Splinter Cell game, this was a big turnoff for me.
However, they course-corrected for Ghost Recon Wildlands (which even had Predator), getting Michael Ironside back.
So you could say there was an official Splinter Cell and Predator crossover.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Michael Ironside was fighting cancer at the time.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Then they had a good reason. For the Thief series, they just switched a fan-loved main actor because of "motion capture" or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed