The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 240,093 times)

happypred

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 19, 2016, 07:01:08 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 19, 2016, 06:58:04 PM
Quote from: happypred on Feb 19, 2016, 09:34:07 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 08:52:52 AM
I really enjoyed Incursion but it was a hell of a lot of setup. Hopefully with that out the way, it'll pick up the pace and start to really move along.

Hope the Yautja get more of a chance to shine in books 2 and 3

Once those two books are out, I plan on re-reading the whole trilogy one after the other like one huge book. In a way, that's what Rage War really is, one massive book split into three smaller ones. So Incursion was basically the very beginning of this humongous story.

I still can't get through this book.  :-(  I fall asleep reading.

Johnny Mains and his crew are not very compelling characters...

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: happypred on Feb 22, 2016, 02:12:43 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 19, 2016, 07:01:08 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 19, 2016, 06:58:04 PM
Quote from: happypred on Feb 19, 2016, 09:34:07 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 08:52:52 AM
I really enjoyed Incursion but it was a hell of a lot of setup. Hopefully with that out the way, it'll pick up the pace and start to really move along.

Hope the Yautja get more of a chance to shine in books 2 and 3

Once those two books are out, I plan on re-reading the whole trilogy one after the other like one huge book. In a way, that's what Rage War really is, one massive book split into three smaller ones. So Incursion was basically the very beginning of this humongous story.

I still can't get through this book.  :-(  I fall asleep reading.

Johnny Mains and his crew are not very compelling characters...

I vaguely recall somebody name Cotronis because I keep misreading it as... clitoris.  Facepalm.

happypred

LOL yeah...

I can't remember another member...oh yeah, Lieder. I think Mains and Lieder were f*ck buddies. That's about it

Corporal Hicks

It was the world building that mainly drew me into Incursion. I loved it.

The Alien Predator

I forgot about Cotronis and Lieder.

I only remember Johnny Mains because he is kind of a main character in a way, being mentioned in the synopsis and all.

But I definitely remember my two favourite characters, Lilliya and Dr. Isa Palant.

Corporal Hicks

They were easily the stars of the show.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2016, 02:06:59 PM
They were easily the stars of the show.

Please Tim, don't kill off Lilliya and Isa Palant! Don't turn into the next George R.R. Martin. XD

(He did warn us not to get attached to anyone for the sequels  :laugh:)

Ultramorph

I was sad that the historian character got killed of so quickly. It was cool seeing her trying to pin down Predator encounter throughout history.

Also, I'm shocked how quickly it's been since the first book came out in October. It'll be April before we know it.

Corporal Hicks

I thought Palant was the historian too?

Ultramorph

Nope, the historian was Svenlap.
Spoiler
She later dies so sabotaging Love Grove.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 22, 2016, 02:53:11 PM
Nope, the historian was Svenlap.
Spoiler
She later dies so sabotaging Love Grove.
[close]

Ah. My mistake. I keep mis-remembering stuff today. Should have got more sleep in last night.

The Alien Predator

I remember how Rage War was described, in how it will "change the universe forever", what do you think it means?

I know it's probably just being dramatic, but it makes sense. Look at all the tech that the Rage has developed over the centuries. After their defeat, this could all fall into humanity's hands. Even before this new bio-tech, they had FTL ships much better than any of ours which allowed them to leave the human sphere, and this FTL tech got improved by assimilated alien tech.

You think humans were very advanced by 2692? Think again once this is over.  :P

I'd love for there to be novels further down the timeline, like in 2700's - 2900's, to show what we did with these new discoveries and what else we developed. One of my many favourite aspects of the Alien franchise is watching humanity grow as a race.

Ultramorph

I hadn't thought of that! Humanity might had all kinds of new toys to play with after the Rage War.  ;D

Then again, we're assuming that the Rage lose... We're so far in the future that I doubt Lebbon has a mandated 'happy, status quo' ending.

happypred

Too many characters...

Focus should've just been on Lilliya and Palant

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2016, 09:07:45 AM
It was the world building that mainly drew me into Incursion. I loved it.

Right.  It was the Silmarillion of the AVP Galaxy...   ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed