The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,728 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 28, 2015, 10:21:00 PM
Thanks again for the info, theBATMAN. I have so little willpower where easily obtainable spoilers are concerned that I read it all.  :laugh: My first reaction is surprise that Fox let Lebbon tell such a different type of story to what we usually get in this universe. That being said, I can't wait to read it for myself, and to see what other crazy things wind up happening in the sequels. I really need to go through my storage unit and get my copies of the last trilogy to re-read as a primer.

One small thing...
Spoiler
an alien gel that allows the Rage to control the xenos but causes mutations? Hmmmmm.
[close]

Same here. I am like a child when it comes to waiting for something I like to come out. If it were up to me, I'd want this book out now, no, not now, YESTERDAY!

So all the little bits that Batman kindly shares with us is greatly appreciated. I go into such fanboy mode on the inside as I am reading these spoilers, it gets me all the more excited. Batman should become a marketing advertiser for Fox and just spoil us two with anything AvP related. We'd insta-buy it anyway.  ;D

Spoiler
As for the gel, hmm, it controls Aliens? I thought it was only implied to extend human lifespans at the cost of causing mutations. It's interesting. I love how similar the Dog-Aliens are to the Engineers. I love how this "slug" alien belonged to them as well. They are so advanced that they can improve existing alien tech such as ours. I am even more interested in them now!
[close]

Ultramorph

If Book I was this out-there, I'm dying to see what Lebbon has up his sleeves for the next two novels.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 28, 2015, 10:48:07 PM
If Book I was this out-there, I'm dying to see what Lebbon has up his sleeves for the next two novels.

I have been waiting ever since this has been announced. The closer we get, the more painful the wait is!

I am also excited for the next two novels. I am starting to love this new direction that Lebbon is going in.

Xenomorphine

I wasn't saying Predators don't have a chest, I was saying it isn't that much bigger than our own. Ergo, if they have three hearts, it stands to reason they'd be individually smaller to fit in there.

And if one of them was penetrated, that's still going to cause massive internal bleeding. There might be another two to take over the same job, but the resulting internal bleeding should kill.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 28, 2015, 11:58:39 PM
I wasn't saying Predators don't have a chest, I was saying it isn't that much bigger than our own. Ergo, if they have three hearts, it stands to reason they'd be individually smaller to fit in there.

Oh.. like.. Turtles? I mean don't Turtles proportionally have smaller vital organs and more muscle mass compared to humans?

....That's the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned smaller organs.

Samhain13

For the people that have read it, without much spoilers: how are the preds shown? yautja or hish in behavior? are they used as cannon fodder? are they easily killed by humans?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 30, 2015, 09:46:03 PM
For the people that have read it, without much spoilers: how are the preds shown? yautja or hish in behavior? are they used as cannon fodder? are they easily killed by humans?

They are referred to as Yautja, but they are not necessarily Perry's versions. Lebbon's Yautja are different but that's not to say they aren't reconcilable with Perry's versions without a little tweaking of course.

happypred

And if one of them was penetrated, that's still going to cause massive internal bleeding. There might be another two to take over the same job, but the resulting internal bleeding should kill.

Predator durability woild really be at the discretion of the writer

As mentioned, in South China Sea, some sort if metal worm, the size of an anaconda, bores through the pred's chest...he survives and continues fighting before healing himself aboard his ship.

Realistic or not, the author just wanted to establish how hard to kill the predator was

The Alien Predator

Quote from: happypred on Oct 04, 2015, 11:43:36 PM

Predator durability woild really be at the discretion of the writer

As mentioned, in South China Sea, some sort if metal worm, the size of an anaconda, bores through the pred's chest...he survives and continues fighting before healing himself aboard his ship.

Realistic or not, the author just wanted to establish how hard to kill the predator was

Exactly, meanwhile in AvP, a Predator dies from a Xenomorph tail going through its chest. I guess it depends on some factors.

Some humans no doubt survive ridiculous stuff that'd normally kill another human. Maybe that Predator was just one tough mofo. How is he even beaten in South China Sea?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Oct 05, 2015, 10:50:09 AM
How is he even beaten in South China Sea?

Last time I heard, it was being caught in the jaws of an exceptionally large Crocodile similarly to Gustav.

happypred

LOL...no

A massive explosion obliterates Gustaf, him, and his ship

The Alien Predator

I just ordered my copy of Predator Incursion. I can't wait to give it a read.

predxeno

Same here, pre-ordered it off Amazon. :)

HuDaFuK

I dunno what it is, but I just can't seem to get excited for this book. I was really hyped for the last round but this one just isn't doing that for me.

Maybe it's just because I have such a backlog of books to read already.

happypred

My fear is that Lebbon doesn't get the predators or that he consciously departs too far from the earlier material

To me, the defining characteristics of the predators are

Technologically advanced but culturally primitive
Savage, nomadic hunters
Enshrine a brutal code of honour
...but hypocrisy, cowardice, jealousy, ambition, and "dishonourable" conduct is rather endemic in predator society as hunters are often able to get away with a lot of bloodthirsty butchery and backstabbing

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed