An idea of how this will stand alone, yet sort of be a sequel...

Started by Docta Jekyll, Oct 16, 2007, 05:31:32 AM

Author
An idea of how this will stand alone, yet sort of be a sequel... (Read 1,918 times)

Docta Jekyll

Ok, there has never really been any confirmation on if this 'sequel' really is a direct continuation, a complete restart, or a loose sequel, to the first film, and my god has it really caused me to overthink the whole thing, specificically these two quotes.

"This movie works even if you didn't see [Anderson's]."

That seems to tell me that it would pretty much be a standalone film, providing a new origin for the predalien and what not, but the next only added more puzzlement to my confusion

'After bursting from a Predator's chest at the end of the first flick, "Requiem" picks up with an Alien/Predator hybrid slaughtering several Predators. "The Predalien wreaks havoc and causes a different Predator ship — it's actually a Predator scout ship in this case — to crash on Earth," Greg explained.'

Now I think I have gotten my idea of how this movie works down, we know the ship that crashes is not the ship from AVP, its a scout ship, saying its a scout ship seems like a bit of an off hand snip of info to just throw out in an interview, so I'm assuming the film demonstrates that this is a scout ship in some way shape or form, I'll get to that later.

And we know this film picks up with predalien slaughtering several predators, my guess, is that it picks up in the middle of a hunt on another planet, where a predalien is slaughtering predators, the film opens right in the middle of an action sequence, sort of like how the Doom movie opens in the middle of a slaughter(just to give you an idea on the pace).

so it slaughters some predators, then after the mayhem has passes, a predator scout ship comes, well, scouting, picks up either one or all of the dead predators, somehow the predalien gets on board, but this is where the altar bed comes in, a predator is placed on the altar bed, but thats just what it is, he doesn't have a burster inside of him. The predalien wreaks more havok on the ship, causing it to crash to earth, and the rest is history.

I know its not perfect, I'm not sure it makes total sense, but it just came to me, and I felt like sharing it with you all, honestly I don't know, but I'd like some thoughts, I just thought this would be a good enough way to let the people wanting a 'sequel' get it, and those wanting a fresh start getting it as well.

thoughts?

SM

Yeah I think you're overthinking it.

Aliens works without having seen Alien, and Aliens is a direct sequel.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: SM on Oct 16, 2007, 06:43:09 AM

Yeah its gonna be a direct sequel but a totaly different storyline, like what SM your not gonna have to see the first one to understand this one, so its not a direct storline continuation.

And im not sure about the begininning you were mentioning, although if there would be anyway of doing the begininng like that would be doing it like Doom, but im not sure about the mother(main) ship crashing then the scout ship going down to check on it the predalien gets on that scoutship, i dont no how you could do that without slowing the story down, humanizing the preds to much.
         but i respect your assumptions.

JMR

You know docta that's a pretty good idea if you ask me. That totally could be the intro... but by saying it could be a stand alone film by one of the brothers then saying it continues with the altar bed is leading me to think that it's going to be a direct sequel that branches off totally from the first avp, as in scar was placed on a scout ship from the very beginning probably hanging off the bottom of the mothership. Then the scout ship takes off from the mother ship as soon as they are out of our atmosphere. Cut to the Predalien weaking havoc on preds, it crashes. They send the wolf. That's what I'm thinking is going to happen.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That's been my view, yeah.

I also still think that things are heading in the direction of the Predalien having deliberately been allowed to hatch for a hunt, then something happens while it's transported to some other location.

Ficodemus

What if they make this something like Star Wars ep. 3? It starts out in the midle of action, after the predship has crashed, or by the moment it crashes. They'll just give us an animated mini series (like clone wars), explaining how predship ends up crashing.

I hope not.

War Wager

My guess is that when the Predalien bursts out of Scar, it hides in a scout ship where it can grow in peace (there would be scout ships attached to the Mother Ship) Then a group of Predators who are going hunting, enter the ship and begin to fly to wherever they're going. The Predalien, full size by this point, slaughters the Predators and causes the ship to crash on Earth.

echobbase79

Quote from: War Wager on Oct 16, 2007, 01:56:44 PM
My guess is that when the Predalien bursts out of Scar, it hides in a scout ship where it can grow in peace (there would be scout ships attached to the Mother Ship) Then a group of Predators who are going hunting, enter the ship and begin to fly to wherever they're going. The Predalien, full size by this point, slaughters the Predators and causes the ship to crash on Earth.

That makes sense to me.  ;D

Highland

True but alien was'nt left open like AVP

Docta Jekyll

Aliens works without seeing Alien, but still, if someone who had no knowledge of the films saw Aliens, they would have question, just the way there are so many references to Ripley's encounter, what the creature did specifically, and all that what not would be to cloudy to not show in a film that stands on its own.

You can watch Aliens without seeing Alien, but like with most sequels, you'll have some questions, unlike the way you can watch Evil Dead 2 without ever having seen Evil Dead.

Meathead320

For as much as I argue about the small stuff with you, things like this I am 100% there with you on.

Meathead320

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Oct 16, 2007, 05:58:07 PM
Aliens works without seeing Alien, but still, if someone who had no knowledge of the films saw Aliens, they would have question, just the way there are so many references to Ripley's encounter, what the creature did specifically, and all that what not would be to cloudy to not show in a film that stands on its own.

You can watch Aliens without seeing Alien, but like with most sequels, you'll have some questions, unlike the way you can watch Evil Dead 2 without ever having seen Evil Dead.

Having some questions are ok too.

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

my entire stance on AVP-R is that its, it's own film - the real AVP in my eyes, i considered the other as a fantasy story spin off nothing more

outside of the fact that a PREDALIEN will be feature in AVP-R, all the similarities end - there will be no pyramids or teenage bonding" in this film

the film starting off with AVP-R picking up with the same theme that the 04 version left off and ended with is cool

but
it's still unclear to me whether or not the PREDALIEN in AVP-R will be the same that was feature at the end of the 04 version, the STRAUSE brothers have yet to fully comfirm this fact - if any case it be wise on their part to avoid making any references to the 04 version in AVP-R as much as possible ;) and have it be a totally different PREDALIEN one all together

Highland

I think it would be a bit dumb not to make reference to the last movie, as bad as it was, you cant have a chestburster burst out of a predator , and in the next movie there just happens to be a predator ship in the vicinity of Earth with a predalien on it. I mean come on?

Saying that A3 came from the invisible egg and ripley came back from the grave, so anything can happen... ::)

LAWNMOWERMAN

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 16, 2007, 09:31:34 PM
I think it would be a bit dumb not to make reference to the last movie, as bad as it was, you cant have a chestburster burst out of a predator , and in the next movie there just happens to be a predator ship in the vicinity of Earth with a predalien on it. I mean come on?

point taken,
if in fact you do consider AVP-R to be a "true sequel" to the one released in 04, i on the other hand do not see AVP-R as a true squel to AVP and thats the dilemma(debate) here is a AVP-R a stand alone film or squel to AVP?

there have been many other franchises(such as BOND, BATMAN etc.) that have had reboots, not always gone in order or followed the same story concept

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed