Started by ace3g, Dec 16, 2022, 02:03:16 PM

Author
Barbie (Read 3,112 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Have you bought your tickets guys? ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Jul 19, 2023, 08:26:57 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 19, 2023, 05:58:56 AMIt'll definitely upset a lot of chuds who will make YouTube videos about it.
Thus boosting mentions of Barbie and helping it trend.

No such thing as bad publicity, as they say.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 19, 2023, 09:17:37 AMHave you bought your tickets guys? ;D

Yes.

nanison

nanison

Battle of the sexes.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

I'll be curious if anyone here are watching both "Barbie" and the Nolan film? Radically different genres, but people seem to be keen to see both.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

f**king the most obvious double bill since Alien and Aliens or The Terminator and Judgment Day.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cougerboy on Jul 19, 2023, 12:57:51 PMI'll be curious if anyone here are watching both "Barbie" and the Nolan film? Radically different genres, but people seem to be keen to see both.

Me, for one. Got my Barbie tickets for Saturday, and Oppenheimer 70MM IMAX tickets for Sunday. Very, very excited for both this weekend.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Oppenheimer only. f**k Barbie (not literally) :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm still salty they didn't move Heaven and Earth to keep Amy Schumer on as the star.  It would have been an amazing shit show.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Cougerboy on Jul 19, 2023, 12:57:51 PMI'll be curious if anyone here are watching both "Barbie" and the Nolan film? Radically different genres, but people seem to be keen to see both.

It's such an utter shame they didn't combine the two films into one. A Barbie film with nukes? Count me in!

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's such an utter shame they didn't use this song as the main theme.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 19, 2023, 03:52:32 PM

It's such an utter shame they didn't combine the two films into one. A Barbie film with nukes? Count me in!

You're going to settle for a Kubrick crossover, and you're going to like it! >:(

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Some people are taking the "Barbenheimer" meme much more seriously than the joke that it (arguably) is. This guy takes an in-depth and quite entertaining analysis on this pairing of both films:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Loved this. I'm glad the trailer didn't play its whole hand, 'cause this actually took some pretty significant, unexpected twists that I wasn't expecting that elevated it even beyond what I was hoping for.

Also, God, the sets and production design in this thing are just insanely gorgeous. It's really a big all caps "HOLLYWOOD PRODUCTION" in the classical sense in that regard.

Kradan

Kradan

:o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed