The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by Nightlord, Jun 19, 2023, 06:50:28 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 7,559 times)

Eal

Eal

I feel like The Bunker with just a bit more length (only an hour added perhaps), set aboard the Nostromo would be a fine game.

And like a Frictional Game, Ripley would probably use the catbox to skatboard out of bounds and complete the game ending cutscene.

Glad to see that the franchise is getting some good entries though. It's been a while since I've looked at anything tactic-related, maybe I'll give it a shot.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I'm sorry but the artistic choices and general art direction, specifically the people and aliens make this game look like it came out in 2009 a lot of the time, it really works against all of the great atmosphere and texturing.

Predatorium

Predatorium

It's pretty good so far! Nice atmosphere and gameplay mechanics!. except for the immersion breaking Double time! Let's go! yelling team leader when you are trying to keep things quiet :P

Grimwillows.

Grimwillows.

Graohics are fantastic on PS5. Load times are like 3 seconds. Very pleased sofar. Worth watching a few videos with tips on character upgrades. Mista Fi0th channel had some really helpful tips regarding where to allocate points and clearing negative character effects.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jun 20, 2023, 10:32:15 PMWhat did you think of Amnesia: The Bunker? I beat it on normal and I'm replaying currently on Hard Mode. But wow. I loved that game. Perhaps right up there with Amnesia: TDD.
I loved Amnesia The Bunker, the sound design, the environments, the creature, the sense of claustrophobia and the feeling of always being in danger are excellent. I think that the length of the game it was fine, maybe a longer game would became to repetitive, also I love that al the items are aleatory.

Man, this Amnesia game makes me want Isolation 2 so bad. I will give Aliens The Dark Descent a chance just because I'm a fan despite that I don't like the type of gameplay, but the game's story is just so good.

XenoPredAlien

I'm enjoying the game very much. Playing on medium to get a feel to it before i go on the hardest difficulty even on medium you have to think and make quick decisions if not you team will be wiped out in seconds or in a minute. The game mechanics and atmosphere of the game is great RTS games have a unique especially with games like XCOM every action can be a plus or it can be consequence depends on what you do. Projects like this i believe are in a step in the right directions especially how awesome Alien Isolation and Alien Fire Team are.

Necronomicon II

morseman

morseman

This game is a bit of a no brained for me, I've been looking for darker XCom 2 style game for a while now and, well it's Aliens! I really hope there will be a good stream of dlc for this, particularly customisation. Some Aliens customisation like Vasquez headband, Drake's chicken bone baseball cap and dare I hope maybe some likenesses too, extra voice packs or at least good modding support :)

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

I'm few hours in and I'm enjoying it so far, but it has some problems. I think introduction wasn't so great, it shows smaller budget with things like simple animations and I encountered annoying bugs. It's alo quite overwhelming at first, but it's maybe a good thing, I mean, when I was swarmed by Aliens it was pure chaos, I didn't even know when one of my marines was snatched away and it was great moment, like hive scene from Cameron's movie. I think that this game evokes suspense of Aliens far better than any shooter can.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Haha they already patched the voice-lines:
"We're pleased to release this first small patch to answer to your (by far!) most requested change.

Patch Notes :
Drastically reduced the occurence of the squad leader's acknowledgement after an order
The "Double Time" line will not play anymore after a walk order (but for your pleasure can still be triggered by a run order)
Fixed some crashes

We wanted to provide this first improvement quickly and we're still monitoring closely all your feedback and are already working on the next patch to address the most common issues as soon as possible.

Now get back to work Marines!"

yuppy

yuppy

The problem of this game is the first 2 minutes of the tutorial.  I felt it was rushed and so...now ,....fight me.

Necronomicon II

Lmao, I'm hoping the patch fixes the crashes on my end.

shadowedge

shadowedge

yuppy

yuppy

The game, having played well over 19 hours, is a love letter that is the cutest Aliens experience that oozes in authenticity and story based narrative and you should take your sweet time with it. Don't rush finishing anything until you polish each location off with finding things.  Its well worth the time to revisit and obtain resources while taking more days to recover (which increases the threat level). But you get to buff your squad. It amounts to something in the end I trust.

shadowedge

shadowedge

The latest Podquisition podcast 443 Sandwhich Subversion at 35:15 minutes in has a small section where they talk about Aliens Dark Descent. It is not a review yet because not enough time to play it enough but it is really interesting in how much Jim is fascinated and impressed by the mechanics of the game.

https://m.soundcloud.com/jimquisition/podquisition-443-sandwich-subversion

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed