Which Alien design do you like best?

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 08, 2014, 04:33:51 AM

Which Alien design was your favorite from all the films?

Facehugger (General)
1 (3.6%)
Chestburster (General)
1 (3.6%)
Giger's Alien (Alien)
13 (46.4%)
Cameron's Alien (Aliens)
5 (17.9%)
Queen (Aliens)
1 (3.6%)
Runner (Alien 3)
2 (7.1%)
Pumpkinhead Alien (Alien Resurrection)
1 (3.6%)
Queen Chestburster (Alien Resurrection/Alien3)
1 (3.6%)
Queen (Alien Resurrection)
0 (0%)
Newborn (Alien Resurrection)
0 (0%)
Pauly's Alien (AvP)
1 (3.6%)
Pauly's Queen (AvP)
0 (0%)
Predalien Chestburster (AvP)
0 (0%)
Warriors (AvP Requiem)
0 (0%)
Chet the ugly dumbass piece of shit Predalien produced after a romantic night the Strause's had in Florida (AvP Requiem)
1 (3.6%)
The Deacon (Prometheus)
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author
Which Alien design do you like best? (Read 2,342 times)

Spoonman101

PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THE POLLS GIESZZ! :3

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

LastSurvivor92

Can the Queen Facehugger only impregnate 2 hosts? I can't remember.

Scree

Chet. Greatest Alien of all time. She wipes the floor with those ugly and antiquated Pre-AVP Xenomorph wannabes.

Randomizer

The Queen Facehugger . When I first saw it I was like "Dafaq is that?" .  :laugh: After that it is followed by Giger's Alien .

HuDaFuK

You lumped the Alien 3 and Resurrection Queen Chestbursters in together even though they looked totally different...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd appreciate the queen facehugger more if we'd been given a better reason for its appearance.

For example, maybe it started out looking like a normal facehugger (like we saw in the opening sequence), but then it rapidly adapted to the harsh aquatic environment of Fiorina's ocean after the EEV's splashdown.

The webbing, armor plating and spikes would be the end-result of the "funny little habit" that Ash described in the original movie so it could swim and protect itself against the planet's carnivorous little sea-bugs.

Spoonman101

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 08, 2014, 06:01:06 PM
The Queen Facehugger . When I first saw it I was like "Dafaq is that?" .  :laugh: After that it is followed by Giger's Alien .
Everyone wants to be indifferent.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 08, 2014, 06:43:02 PM
You lumped the Alien 3 and Resurrection Queen Chestbursters in together even though they looked totally different...
Sue me

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 08, 2014, 11:50:05 PM
I'd appreciate the queen facehugger more if we'd been given a better reason for its appearance.

For example, maybe it started out looking like a normal facehugger (like we saw in the opening sequence), but then it rapidly adapted to the harsh aquatic environment of Fiorina's ocean after the EEV's splashdown.

The webbing, armor plating and spikes would be the end-result of the "funny little habit" that Ash described in the original movie so it could swim and protect itself against the planet's carnivorous little sea-bugs.

I can almost see the facehuggers new razor sharp talon-fingers shredding out of some kind of a protective sack and it slopping into the water, only to rise to the service and swim along like some strange Alien manta-ray.

It really is a damn shame they didn't use the idea in the theatrical cut, and actually do something with it. We've never really given the facehugger a lot of focus in the Alien films. They're always there, basically, to do the job and then go to the big hive in the sky. It would be interesting to see if facehuggers have any genuine fight or flight instincts or if they're more one-track minded.

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 09, 2014, 03:56:12 AM
Sue me

Spoonman101

Hahahahahahahhahauaa! ^

We must disrobe- completely...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 10, 2014, 12:58:52 AMIt really is a damn shame they didn't use the idea in the theatrical cut, and actually do something with it. We've never really given the facehugger a lot of focus in the Alien films. They're always there, basically, to do the job and then go to the big hive in the sky. It would be interesting to see if facehuggers have any genuine fight or flight instincts or if they're more one-track minded.
Yeah, the most we ever got with the Facehuggers was the scene in the med lab in Aliens.

I actually really like the idea of a special Facehugger that can lay a Queen and a normal Alien to protect her, but like you said, it's basically totally undeveloped in the film, even the Assembly Cut. Does look pretty cool though.

Local Trouble

Has anyone ever theorized that the chestburster's gender may be determined by the gender of its host?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 09, 2014, 03:56:12 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 08, 2014, 06:43:02 PM
Sue me

Look into HuDa's eye...   :laugh:

Randomizer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 10, 2014, 10:31:28 PM
Has anyone ever theorized that the chestburster's gender may be determined by the gender of its host?

The question of Xenomorph gender is heavily debated. The most widely accepted answer is that Aliens simply have no genders and are completely asexual. This concept has been backed up by the designers of the original creature in Alien, who stated that the design deliberately included elements of both male and female sexual imagery in its appearance. The exception to this is the Queen, which due to its role as an egg-layer and general overseer of Xenomorph Hives is usually said to be female, comparable to similar female castes in the insect kingdom. Consequently, some argue that all Aliens are female, given the apparent ability of a typical Alien to molt into a seemingly female Queen. However, as the molting method of Queen creation has never been seen outside of various video games and comics, it remains unclear if this can be considered canon.

- AvP Wikia

Local Trouble

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 11, 2014, 04:09:51 PMConsequently, some argue that all Aliens are female, given the apparent ability of a typical Alien to molt into a seemingly female Queen.

Yeah, I don't buy any of that.  For better or worse, Alien 3 made it pretty clear that queens are queens at birth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed