1 Clawed Aliens in AVP2

Started by FACEBOX, Mar 29, 2007, 02:34:22 PM

Author
1 Clawed Aliens in AVP2 (Read 17,967 times)

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Well, heaven forbid, seeing the AVP2 Alien!!! Fox is a disgrace, my fellow posters... why would they think a glimpse at the Alien would risk anything...They are not only a disgrace at securing the film site, they also are a pathetic shame forbiding early script reviews, because they want suckers to see their movies, that was why they forced AICN to remove it...Heaven forbids the fans thinking on their own...they are trying to manipulate the potential viewers a.k.a. the A and P fans, only giving them what they, FOX, want them to see... Well... I have to ask, did it ever work AT ALL in previous Alien outings...? 

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Also, I seriously doubt posting a link to a external site or blog would imply legal suits...first of all, they had to prove the suit was theirs...second, they had to prove that posting photos of the suit, and not SCREENS FROM THE MOVIE, are illegal and a violation of copyright...they would have to prove the suit was theirs, guys... and not a Halloween suit... ;D :D

Newsfop

Newsfop

Script reviewing prior to film release is a relatively new concept in the long history of film. I personally have never reviewed a script because I (this is going to sound crazy and old fashioned) enjoy the element of surprise.  :o I like being able to bitch about a movie I don't like after having seen it. If something is so bad I stop playing it before seeing the whole thing, I simply decline to mention anything about it. I never review movies I've never seen. That's my own set of morals. I hope and pray that others share the ethics of movie viewership.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Mar 29, 2007, 05:37:50 PM
Well, heaven forbid, seeing the AVP2 Alien!!! Fox is a disgrace, my fellow posters... why would they think a glimpse at the Alien would risk anything...They are not only a disgrace at securing the film site,

What film site?

Quotethey also are a pathetic shame forbiding early script reviews, because they want suckers to see their movies, that was why they forced AICN to remove it...

They did say it was unfair of AICN to review an early draft of the script.

Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Mar 29, 2007, 05:52:46 PM
Also, I seriously doubt posting a link to a external site or blog would imply legal suits...first of all, they had to prove the suit was theirs...second, they had to prove that posting photos of the suit, and not SCREENS FROM THE MOVIE, are illegal and a violation of copyright...they would have to prove the suit was theirs, guys... and not a Halloween suit... ;D :D

I sorta agree. I mean, Fox don't own the photos - the guy who stole the suit did them. If that were true, anybody who posted their AvP collection could be sued. I mean it was pretty careless of whoever was in charge of the alien suits to let it get out in the first place. Unless, it was somebody working on the film.

No Tail

No Tail

Well back to the one claw.  IMO I kind of like the idea of one claw (probably the only peroson too) To me it seems sort of menacing. Imagine it soemones being chased by an alien, the turn around a corner then look back, it's gone.  They see a ladder, so they climb up it.  When they get to the top, they're staring right at a sharp, black talon tapping on the cement.  Then SWISH, it goes across their face!

SiL

SiL

It'd look even more pathetic than it does now.

I can just see it, charging at someone, its big old floppy claw bouncing in the air like something out of the 1950s, or worse, Creature, that Alien rip-off from the 80s.

Grr.

The Alien was never broke: Why the f**k are they 'fixing' it all the time?

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Well to me... one talon is regressing the alien design AGAIN!
I mean.. evolution didn't make bipedal animals (the popular ones like apes, humans, etc) with multiple digits for nothing. Multiple digits are more affective. ::)

Better to grasp a whole head, that simply "hook" it. The chance of loosing grip is much greater with one damn finger. >:(

Dingo

Dingo

What if it's just a bad angle of the Alien hand? Didn't the directors say the picutre wasn't taken from the movie camera but off to the side of it a bit?

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

That's what I'm saying.
The 1st picture I took down had the alien's full body in frame.
The dumb thing only has 1 finger!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Well, the directors DID say there will be different types of alien hybrids in the movie.  ::)

And can someone PM me the pics of the stolen alien? You didn't see nothin', I didn't see nothin', I look, I delete, we never speak of it again.  ;)

SiL

SiL

I just looked at it again, and of the hand I can make out, there's one finger, a thumb-like thing (looks more like a pincer), and the hand looks like a malformed lump of flesh.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Yup.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Did it use a deer for a host?

A chicken?

WTF?

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 29, 2007, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Mar 29, 2007, 05:37:50 PM
Well, heaven forbid, seeing the AVP2 Alien!!! Fox is a disgrace, my fellow posters... why would they think a glimpse at the Alien would risk anything...They are not only a disgrace at securing the film site,

What film site?

Quotethey also are a pathetic shame forbiding early script reviews, because they want suckers to see their movies, that was why they forced AICN to remove it...

They did say it was unfair of AICN to review an early draft of the script.

Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Mar 29, 2007, 05:52:46 PM

I sorta agree. I mean, Fox don't own the photos - the guy who stole the suit did them. If that were true, anybody who posted their AvP collection could be sued. I mean it was pretty careless of whoever was in charge of the alien suits to let it get out in the first place. Unless, it was somebody working on the film.

-The movie site, where they filmed the movie and from where the suit was stolen...

- AICN is voicing, with their early script reviews, the moviegoers who do not want to spend their money on movies that are not worth it... This particular early review hii so dead on that forced Fox to admonish them, so Fox knows how close they got... And given the review's date and the date principal photography began, I don't believe there will be any significant departures or changes... At least, any good ones...

-About hybrids' presence in the movie...VERY BAD IDEA... not only will it augments the possibility of disappointment (if you don't like the predalien or Predator designs, more pressure on the Alien design... if this fails too, unsurmountable pressure on everything else...See what I mean... Just remember your first viewing of AVP after 7 long years after the last Alien sighting and 13 very long years after Predator showed his ugly mug... Though this AVP is only 3 years after the first, the debacle for the fans is making too much pressure on the A/P designs, hence the discussion of the one claw thing... IMHO, a pic of Tom Woodruff in the suit was never interesting for me, because I know that in the movie, the camera shots and quick editing wil, hopefullyl prevent us from even noticing something's wrong... I am more worried about the story and its credibility and how will it affect Alien continuity... That is the danger of releasing pics on a very turtle-slow fashion... fans will dissect everything... I don't think the Alien design will affect my movie-watching, only if they show an ALien wearing Nike snickers or something ...  :D ... I am always pervious to new Alien designs, because movies with the same Alien designs would make them boring and we don't want that, now do we?

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Oh, and guys, now that you got my curiosity juiced about the forbidden photo, why not share?... ;D :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed