Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1054

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 611,079 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

But...she was killed because of an Alien in A3 :P I'd say that the third film is very tense, especially in its final moments.

Primordial

Primordial

I have a really strange thing happening on my pc ???
I saw the special edition of A3 and when she commit suicide, we don't see the queen chestbursting Ripley and I though this version is better, I didn't like the coincidence of the Alien coming out just when she is going to burn. And after your post I watched again the scene and the Queen is coming out...so I did multiple replay and one time it's coming out and the other it's not...I have to fix my pc  :laugh:
I like to think she died of both (still alive when she grabs gently "her daughter") at the same time although we will never know :-\

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I dont think its such a great coincidence. After all, she spends quite some time with the embryo in, and feels it strongly when the climax approaches, eventually feeling the pain already. It was pretty much implied that the burster can come out anytime now

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I like it better without seeing the Queen. It adds more to her sacrifice, I think, that maybe if she did go with the WY officers they could have possibly saved her. Ripley hated WY so much and didn't want them to get their hands on the Alien so much that she let herself die to prevent it, even though they could have possibly saved her.

Primordial

Primordial

Yes, I understand that it could come out anytime :), I meant that when she jumps, it lasts just 5 seconds maximum without slowmotion...Maybe the process of falling made it come out quicker

Agree with the sacrifice more enhanced...She was really FED UP, she learned her daughter died, Newt is gone, like Hicks, she had no guarantee to survive after the surgery, all that added to the hatred of WY. She had nothing to loose except her life (where "she can't remember anything else than the Alien") 

aliens13

aliens13

Aliens, Alien, Alien 3, Alien Resurection

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Watched Alien 3 Assembly Cut whilst in work, it's still my favourite of the trilogy

XenoTyrant97

XenoTyrant97

I believe ALIENS was the best, followed by ALIEN, ALIEN: RESURRECTION and ALIEN 3.

Jegeren

Jegeren

I am going to have to go with Aliens hands down. Then Alien, the A3, then A:R. While the first two are both great, Aliens just has that flair and finesse to it to make it pure gold. Plus I prefer the faster pacing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Jegeren on Aug 03, 2012, 12:40:42 AM
Plus I prefer the faster pacing.

I find that kind of funny, because, in my view at least, the first two films are structured and paced almost exactly the same. The second film, however, implements the man vs Alien conflicts in a much more intense manner rather than Alien's brief encounters with the beasts, which probably gives it that seemingly faster pace.

SM

SM

In terms of getting to the action (Kane getting hugged vs. marines attacked in hive), Aliens is much slower.  However once Ripley and Newt are attacked by the huggers in medlab, it rarely lets up for the final 40 minutes.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The same can be argued for Alien's last 20 minutes or so (comprable to Aliens' last 40 because of the shorter length), albeit its a very different style of action.

SiL

SiL

Once Brett gets nabbed it's pretty much nonstop until the end. Which is also roughly 40 minutes.

SM

SM

I think Aliens seems more intense, because all that time is a running battle.  Apart from the loader fight, we're constantly on the move.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I felt Alien had more edge-of-your-seat intensity in its last 40 minutes. Aliens makes me want to sit back and relax with a bag of popcorn.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed