Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,202 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 03, 2007, 05:03:36 AM
Some of the AvP Aliens are over 100 years old. Not very pringle-ated either.

Xhan,

The Alien warriors, eggs and facehuggers (living) are all created, during the time Lex/crew and the Predators enter the pyramid.

The Queen is the ONLY Alien that is over 100 years old, because the Predators freeze her (when there is no need for her) and un-freeze her, so that she can lay the eggs for the "trapped" humans, which are then used as hosts to breed the Aliens the Predators must kill/survive through, in order to complete the "right of passage" ritual.

There are no Alien warriors dormant in that pyramid for all those years and it wouldn't make sense they could survive that long, without any kind of food.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2007, 05:46:48 AM
They decided to finally screw with the face-hugger this movie, don't you worry :)

what facehuggers. oh wait we get to see two out of plot convenience. As if just for the sake of saying, "we have facehuggers in our movie you can't complain" even though the predalien's reproductive method could have just as easily made those two superflous in the film.

Xhan

Xhan

Count the number of Aliens in the avp movie.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 03, 2007, 05:52:02 AM
Count the number of Aliens in the avp movie.
It's an error on Anderson's behalf. It's like saving Bishop was actually standing in the floor of the Sulaco.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 03, 2007, 05:48:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2007, 05:46:48 AM
They decided to finally screw with the face-hugger this movie, don't you worry :)

what facehuggers. oh wait we get to see two out of plot convenience. As if just for the sake of saying, "we have facehuggers in our movie you can't complain" even though the predalien's reproductive method could have just as easily made those two superflous in the film.

Don't mean to be rude but what the heck are you on about man??   The Huggers were from the crashed ship, and who says there were only 2??   I'm thinking the Predalien was obviously from the same place but it was either not known about by the Predators or something they created which is unlikely, and in the process of slaughtering them which in turn caused the ship to crash.  It gets loose as do the Huggers, the main question for me is how many Predators survive the crash?  One at least otherwise Wolf would not have come anyway...I assume.

The Chibi Kiriyama

His point still stands. Even without the facehuggers, the PredAlien that survives from the crash could easily regurgitate a few on it's own.

Xhan

Xhan

Neverthelss that means someone is at LEAST 100 years old... and smooth as a baby's butt.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 03, 2007, 06:07:46 AM
Neverthelss that means someone is at LEAST 100 years old... and smooth as a baby's butt.
And the Queen in Aliens was actually a Terminator! :o

Xhan

Xhan

That would certianly explain why she doesn't breathe and survives getting squished by a powerloader.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 03, 2007, 06:06:14 AM
His point still stands. Even without the facehuggers, the PredAlien that survives from the crash could easily regurgitate a few on it's own.

I must be missing something here, what is his (Ballnanza) point exactly?  Its clear from the production stills and the trailer there are TWO types of Hugger in this movie, the ones from the trailer certainly look like the ones we're more familiar with, but there's a production still of a completely new-looking Hugger about to impregnate some guy (I dont know who), what's unclear is where this Hugger could have come from...certainly not the Predalien.  Will someone please explain what did I miss....?

The Chibi Kiriyama

After some thought, I don't think it's a new facehugger type at all. They just screwed around with the overall facehugger design. I initially thought otherwise (that it was a PredAlien queen facehugger), but the reproduction revelation throws that possibility away.

That's where his argument is from- that there is only one type, and that they look different because of a redesign.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

"Get away from her, you bitch!"

"Sssssssssss... Get out."

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 03, 2007, 06:30:30 AM
After some thought, I don't think it's a new facehugger type at all. They just screwed around with the overall facehugger design. I initially thought otherwise (that it was a PredAlien queen facehugger), but the reproduction revelation throws that possibility away.

That's where his argument is from- that there is only one type, and that they look different because of a redesign.

I have to say I still think there are 2 types of Hugger, but your right, there is no reasonable explaination for it.  Its so much like the Alien 3 Queen Hugger except for the colouring and missing armour plating, and its noticably larger too, something you can see when you compare it with a normal face-hugging.  We're definately all missing something, which is good I suppose, so long as they don't make a pigs ear of it lol

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 03, 2007, 06:17:59 AM

I must be missing something here, what is his (Ballnanza) point exactly?  Its clear from the production stills and the trailer there are TWO types of Hugger in this movie, the ones from the trailer certainly look like the ones we're more familiar with, but there's a production still of a completely new-looking Hugger about to impregnate some guy (I dont know who), what's unclear is where this Hugger could have come from...certainly not the Predalien.  Will someone please explain what did I miss....?

The point is that the new reproduction cycle eliminates the need for any facehuggers. The directors/writers could have eliminated showing all facehuggers because of this. However there are two random ones on the ship for who knows what reason. It seems as if they are only in the film for the sake of having them, when they know they will not be any others do to the reproductive bullshit of the predalien.
I like the facehuggers and certainly I won't complain that they're featured, but because of the plot, they do seem redundant, and out of fear of the reaction along the lines of "what? where the f**k were the facehuggers int his film? No eggs and no facehuggers, I thought this was an Avp film?"

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 03, 2007, 07:14:53 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 03, 2007, 06:17:59 AM

The point is that the new reproduction cycle eliminates the need for any facehuggers. The directors/writers could have eliminated showing all facehuggers because of this. However there are two random ones on the ship for who knows what reason. It seems as if they are only in the film for the sake of having them, when they know they will not be any others do to the reproductive bullshit of the predalien.
I like the facehuggers and certainly I won't complain that they're featured, but because of the plot, they do seem redundant, and out of fear of the reaction along the lines of "what? where the f**k were the facehuggers int his film? No eggs and no facehuggers, I thought this was an Avp film?"

Ok, this is one of many rumours for the opening as far as I've heard it.  The predator ship that crashes on Earth is carrying Alien Eggs, at some point it (supposedly) comes across another ship, the one from the last AvP movie that's now adrift in space.  Apparently this is how the movie opens, with the crew been slaughtered by the now fully grown Predalien.  The ships dock and the Predalien somehow manages to get aboard the other (scout) ship.  Enroute to where ever the Predalien then wreakes more havoc aboard this ship causing it to crash on Earth (originally just passing I assume).  Correct me if Im wrong, but there you have your original Face Huggers AND the Predalien before its even started coughing up its stuff!!

[Just as a side note, although I strongly believe there are still 2 types of Hugger in this movie, Ive seen nor heard nothing to suggest where this Queen Hugger, which I believe it to be, might come from.  And oh yes, before anyone asks, I am aware AvP-R is set in 2007.  All I can say is, if the rumour is true, after we see the slaughter of the Predators by the Predalien from AvP (if we see it), then the movie must fast forward to present day when its intercepted running adrift by the Scout Ship 3 years later.  Unless of course we dont see the slaughter because its already happened, which to me makes more sense really, but we supposedly do]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed