Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,189 times)

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: 1,000 Shards on Oct 30, 2007, 05:41:11 PM
I think it will be entertaining to watch, but I think its a load of balls to be honest, it totally messes up the reproduction cylce of the alien. Its just a device to shock the viewer to make more money.

Maybe, but does it ruin the movie and the franchise like some people here seem to think?

That Yellow Alien

Well, just do what I do with films in the franchise I dislike. f**k it and forget about it. I like to think the Alien series ended with Alien 3, and A:R is more of a live-action comic book what if story(which it basically is anyway). So if AVP-R pisses you off, just say f**k it.

Highland

Highland

I\'m still in the band that thinks its a good thing we got more movies. People are forgetting, these are AVP movies, with aliens in them. Not Alien movies with predators.

If they want to expand the universe that way then so be it, it doesnt take anything away from the alien or predator films.

The old star wars rule, the new ones dont, same sh*t different franchise.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 30, 2007, 06:04:34 PM
I\'m still in the band that thinks its a good thing we got more movies. People are forgetting, these are AVP movies, with aliens in them. Not Alien movies with predators.

I still believe any cinematic outing with the creatures have a responsibility to conduct itself in a fashion becoming. Its kinda like a family honor thing.

Having said that , this gag would be the least of my worries really.

AshMichaels

AshMichaels

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM
Don't think this got posted in the PredAlien pictures thread, so here goes:

QuoteUnlike the original Aliens, the PredAlien doesn't lay eggs, which are then transported via "facehugger". The new creature can just regurgitate  in it's victim's mouth. Don't try this at home.

See picture four in the Slideshow on the USA Today article.

ahhhh leave it to the boys and girls at 20th cent properties to monkey around with a 30+ year old concept and probably have it make lil' to no and most certinly less sense than the original gestation process. I think the hollywood "machine" needs to have its tires rotated about every 2 weeks. I hate to say it... but I fear they are gonna drop the ball as badly as AvP one... which was far far far removed from its Darkhorse comics origins. ???

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 06:07:22 PM
Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 30, 2007, 06:04:34 PM
I\\\'m still in the band that thinks its a good thing we got more movies. People are forgetting, these are AVP movies, with aliens in them. Not Alien movies with predators.

I still believe any cinematic outing with the creatures have a responsibility to conduct itself in a fashion becoming. Its kinda like a family honor thing.

Having said that , this gag would be the least of my worries really.

Look at Police acedemy? or jaws? or Freddy or wait... theres too many... 

Films and budget degenerate, its the way it goes.

Anomaly

Anomaly

So are you seeing this film with that view?

Franchises fall to the wayside because directors (and the company) let them.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 06:16:10 PM
So are you seeing this film with that view?

Franchises fall to the wayside because directors let them.

Of course, then i can be happy if it exceeds my expectations. Anyone going in looking for the next Alien /aliens/ predator / predator 2 will be way off the mark.

You only have to look at the budget and script to tell how much of an uphill battle these guys are up against, which is why i feel sorry for them when the take so much pre-release crap from die hards.

Anomaly

Anomaly

I'll have to say im a bigger optimist than you are on that issue then ;)

I dont even blame The Strauses for this cheaper feel now. I blame AVP, Predator 2 and A: Res and their makers.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 06:23:35 PM
I\'ll have to say im a bigger optimist than you are on that issue then ;)

I dont even blame The Strauses for this slasher feel now. I blame AVP, Predator 2 and A: Res and their makers.

Pred 2 i dont think has anything to do with these, AR def was the start of the end, and AVP had the chance to bring it back, sadly it missed, by miles. Paul Anderson was just a mad mad choice. It was like handing over the keys to your new porche to someone who drives a Ford...

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 30, 2007, 06:26:06 PM
Pred 2 i dont think has anything to do with these

Cant change what isnt acknowledged. Predator 2 cared about grit. That was nice except it cared less about dialogue and choreography lol

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: AshMichaels on Oct 30, 2007, 06:10:55 PM
Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM
Don't think this got posted in the PredAlien pictures thread, so here goes:

QuoteUnlike the original Aliens, the PredAlien doesn't lay eggs, which are then transported via "facehugger". The new creature can just regurgitate  in it's victim's mouth. Don't try this at home.

See picture four in the Slideshow on the USA Today article.

ahhhh leave it to the boys and girls at 20th cent properties to monkey around with a 30+ year old concept and probably have it make lil' to no and most certinly less sense than the original gestation process. I think the hollywood "machine" needs to have its tires rotated about every 2 weeks. I hate to say it... but I fear they are gonna drop the ball as badly as AvP one... which was far far far removed from its Darkhorse comics origins. ???

This is an irrational statement imo. The bros couldnt f**k it up that bad if they tried.

Xhan

Xhan

The effect is cumulative. You get continual and slow decay of sticking to the core concepts, which may excite newcomers, but which honks off the old guard ot the point where you see what we see here. No one has a problem with change that makes sense or places style above "fact"/canon as long as it doesn't disregard what makes said franchise cool in the first place.

You'll find probably 20 complaints about Wolf on the entire net.

You'll find 20 complaints about the p-queen on this PAGE.

Also bear in mind that originally the Pqueen was supposed to use Pred TECH.

Actually an Alien figuring out how something works or its effects and going NO U doesn't bother me, if used SPARINGLY and with CONTEXT

A predalien mowing down the army with a plasmacaster removes the need to have a predator in this film at all.

if an Alien can grow to full MASS in 10 minutes, then it should be some super mega mass to energy converting monstrosity capable of barfing plasma not chestbursters, and god forbid anyone ever punch a hole in it.

So when you hear a Strause say they're being true to canon and going by what has been established before... I'm not seeing it.

I'm seeing a Dark Horse miniseries. right down to the WTF enhancement to the Alien "order of things".

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 06:29:50 PM

Cant change what isnt acknowledged. Predator 2 cared about grit. That was nice except it cared less about dialogue and choreography lol

it still had a predator feel to it though, well in in my opinion. AR was ok, but it didnt have the same feel to me as the others, and AVP was straight outa the playstation...  

This one I\\\'m holding out for the predator feeling like the pred and the aliens feeling like the aliens in Camerons version. Story is back seat for me, I\\\'m happy for some good action and fight scenes, i\\\'m a big fan of the comics and alot of them had daft story\\\'s too.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 06:29:50 PM

P2 had some pretty memorable dialogue though. "SNIIIIFF! EEEEUUUAAAHH!! Come and get it! El-Scorpio is ready! HAHA!!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed