Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,259 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Well, that's true though. Every director has brought in their own ideas to the cycle of the Aliens or how they should look/act. In every Predator movie, the Predator willl look different, use new weapons and possibly act differently.

It's trying to make things new/fresh I guess. Not necessary to explain how anything that is introduced will fit correctly within the previous films. Sure, the directors will try to connect things we already know to what they are introducing, but the Alien movies still have alot of plot holes and probably, always will. Not all the questions/mysteries will be answered.

What bothers me most of what people are complaining about is that this regurgitation method does not work, because... they have never seen a young Queen, that was "free" and between the stages of a chestburster and egg sac laying...and the regurgiation (not vomit) is something an Alien would not do (uh, facehugger)?

Seriously, open your minds to what happens, during the time a Queen is between the stages of chestburster and laying eggs with the egg sac. You DONT know what an Alien Queen does.

Do the Strauses "know"? Well, they thought up an idea. Maybe the idea works for some people and others it might not (even though no one has seen the movie yet!). That's the Strauses idea, just like Cameron's idea of introducing a Queen in ALIENS, like Ridley introducing the egg-morphing idea, the facehugging idea...basically any introduced idea.

Colin is right. The Alien cycle can be "expanded", without breaking what we know and have SEEN. WE have not seen what a free Queen does, when it's not ready to produce eggs.

Maybe the Alien warrirors have the ability to molt into Queens. The more I think it about, since they are Aliens, it's not that far-fetched. Am I saying the Aliens could also grow wings? No. If the ideas are logical and they make sense, either for cycle purposes or story purposes, fine.

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

maybe one plausibly theory to explain all those things( ridged /smooth heads, new RC ec ec ) in a scientific way is the dementia of whom work behind  this francise

now let's try to explain in plausible ways this kind of dementia of theirs

Space Disc Jockey

Anyone can have their opinions on the regurgitation method, even before watching the movie. Nothing wrong with that. But trying to convince people it's not possible is kind of ironic, because we only know of the Alien cycle, from what we have SEEN.

We have not SEEN AVP-R therefore, don't make a final judgement, until you see the film.

The main point is, whether you like it or not, is that the Alien cycle can be expanded. Always has been...always will be. That's what's so great about this species is that they can be unpredictable and we get to see something new about them in every movie.

From what we have not seen, there have been many theories of what goes on in the stages of an Alien, which may or may not make sense.

Indeed, its an open field. The Strauses have been able to add to the cycle, whether you like it or not. Complain, bitch all you want, but they got the opportunity. Blame Hollywood for hiring them, if you don't like it.

Accept this regurgitation method is in the film and wait to see the film, before hating the Strauses completely.

I understand that people are upset by this new addition, but unfortunately, it is NOT breaking anything. It's a stage of a (Queen) cycle you have not seen. Time to write another section in the Alien dictionary, so to speak.

There were ideas brought up in Alien:Resurrection and AVP that didn't work, but the idea that is introduced in AVP-R makes much more sense.

The egg-morphing, again, an idea by Ridley/writers to explain how the Alien reproduced, before Cameron was able to bring in the Queen. Just another idea to add to the cycle, but now is lost, because of the inclusion of the Queen.

SiL

SiL

What's with the 'You can't hate the idea until you see it' crap?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 11:10:46 PM
I'm sure if we were in 1986 there'd be people saying the Queen as stupid to...

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 11:13:03 PM

I would.  ;)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 29, 2007, 11:15:37 PM

I would.  ;)
would the Movie change your mind lol...it would mine

Space Disc Jockey

Well, you can hate the idea. However, is it totally right to hate it, without seeing it?

Sil, I understand your reasons for not liking this and at first, when I heard about this regurgitation, I didn't like it, but after thinking about it and what Colin said in his defense, to me, it made sense.

I have already explained my theories about this whole thing many times on here already, so I won't repeat. But it makes sense.

I don't doubt you have a great knowldge of these creatures, but there are still stages of this creature we do NOT know about and how else can they be known, other than a director sharing their ideas on screen? That's how we know about the Aliens, is what we have seen on screen. Everything else that has not been seen can be speculated.

Well, the Strauses have added another piece to the puzzle of the cycle, whether we like it or not.

I'm asking everyone to not close their minds completely, until you see the damn film. If you hate what happens in the film, fine.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

lack of imagination, maybe. Lol. People can't envision how stupid it might look, until they actually see it onscreen.

Space Disc Jockey

Exactly.

Major Alan Schaefer

well if you think its stupid you'll probally picture it stupidly

Gremlien

Okay, I've noticed a lot of people are up in arms over the idea that the Predalien (who appears to be a young queen as well) can produce chestbursters in human victims by vomiting in their face. Many are angered by this, and I must ask...why?

If you don't want to devote your time to reading my entire post, I'll sum it up. The addition of this new method of reproduction is no different than the additions made in Aliens and Alien 3, and like those additions, you will all accept this one over time whether you realize it now or not.

Now, as I was saying...why?

Yes, why? Why are you people so angry that something new was actually added? It's not like there's an entire encylopedia on Aliens. There are many things we don't know about them, just like how we knew next to nothing about the creature of the first Alien film. Viewers in 1979 had no idea that the creature had a hive mentality, or took orders from a monstrous queen, or took traits from it's host. No one.

But in time, those things were added (not always-been-there-secretly, ADDED) to the mythology of the creature. They could have easily made Alien 2 and did nothing new with the creature, and it still would have become the major franchise it is now. It didn't need a queen. Those eggs could have easily been layed by just another Alien. After all, most species here on Earth don't need a Queen to lay eggs, do they? Are ducks spawned from queen ducks? I didn't think so.

Yeah, so you can say "Well, that's not Alien enough. The Queen theory makes it more Alien." Do you have a brain? Can you read? Do you have ears or anything? Originally, the Alien was to turn people into the eggs. (And don't give me "they didn't know about it in '79" because they did. Just like how you know about deleted scenes for films just coming out, they did then, and they didn't need the internet.) How many creatures on Earth do you know that do that? Less than there are creatures that are spawned from Queens and work in hives. Believe it or not, people were actually pissed about that idea back in '86. Same goes for the hybridism theory, that they take the traits of their hosts, and that has since been accepted as well.

Every Alien film has introduced something new to the creature, whether large or small in nature. Aliens introduced the hive, and the queen. Alien 3 introduced hybridism. It could be argued that Alien Resurrection introduced the idea that Aliens are able to breathe under water, and are capable of choosing hive needs over individual needs (when they killed a comrade so they could escape). It could also be argued that the climate of the surrounding area could affect the rate of fertility (the embryo's grow faster in colder climates so they can quicker adapt to the cold).

Think about this for a second. Do you think it's just sheer coincidence that the most praised of the Alien films introduced the most radical additions to the creature? Aliens and Alien 3 (to a lesser extent) are held at a much higher standard than A:R and AvP, and they introduced two major additions to the way the creature works.

What I'm ultimately getting to, is that this new way of reproducing not only makes sense literally, but further Alienates the creatures that are supposed to be so Alien. First of all, who builds the Hive when the queen grows? And don't give me "Queens are born Queens" because it's never been shown how they grow. Just because it's got the signature crown as a chestburster doesn't mean it immediately becomes a queen. Also, who guards the Queen as she lays the initial eggs?

I know what you're thinking. "She has plenty of time to evolve as there usually isn't any people around until she's grown enough." If you are thinking that, you must not be that smart, because wherever there is an Alien, there are lifeforms that are able to support it's method of reproduction. Also, when not at it's final stage of development, it is surely vulnerable to it's surroundings (hard to believe given what we've seen, I know, but we're not Aliens).

Metaphorically, it makes the Aliens even more Alien, and emphasizes the sexuality of them, while at the same time further androgynizes them. The idea of vomiting seed into people's faces can easily be equated with (and let's be mature here) ejaculation of seed from a male to a female. It's very sexual in nature, and fully goes along with sexuality of the design of the creature by Giger, and I'm sure that it's an idea he would fully support.

You people who are so furious and bitter toward the Bros. Strause should start directing your anger toward James Cameron as well, because he did nothing different than they're doing here: introducing a totally new, unnecessary-yet-interesting concept to the creatures that we don't really know and love.

This is how I feel and I do not ask that anyone else feels this way.

pred_alien

i agree with you 100%

Master

Master

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 11:19:27 PM

lack of imagination, maybe. Lol. People can't envision how stupid it might look, until they actually see it onscreen.

Amen. Suddenly a hen started to vomit chickens insted of laying eggs. But of course there is nothing wrong with it. Maybe there are existing some parts of hen`s life cycle that we don`t know. :-X

Major Alan Schaefer

Hens and Aliens come for completely diffrent places and have been watched for years...aliens for less then a week

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed