Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,205 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 28, 2007, 01:34:05 AM
There. Is. No. Pleasing. You. >:(
Of course there is.

Five words.

Don't f**k with the Alien.

But no, for one reason or another we get a shitty drone design, shitty PredAlien design, and superfluous lame-ass reproductive method justified by nothing more than the directors' own ignorance.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 01:39:30 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Oct 28, 2007, 01:34:05 AM
There. Is. No. Pleasing. You. >:(
Of course there is.

Five words.

Don't f**k with the Alien.

But no, for one reason or another we get a shitty drone design, shitty PredAlien design, and superfluous lame-ass reproductive method justified by nothing more than the directors' own ignorance.
do us all a favor and don't see the movie so you don't whine about what the aliens do in it

SiL

SiL

do us all a favor and don't see the movie so you don't whine about what the aliens do in it
Do us all a favour and don't see the movie so you don't drown us in your successive orgasms over how awesome it is.

Major Alan Schaefer

;D I'm waiting for my oppion for when i see it so i don't drown myself in "It's gonna suck" or "Its gonna be awesome"

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 01:32:48 AM
This is still an open field and because that's the way they did it in the other two doesn't mean that is the only way...Aliens are adaptable

Dude, seriously, read through my reply on the other page. I point out precisely why this contradicts them. :)

Aliens are adaptable, definitely. 'Alien 3' took away moulting possibilities, though and you have to ask yourself what was preventing the Nostromo Alien from using this new method, if it always could do.

Major Alan Schaefer

Good points and i did read it...Alien 3 didn't take away molting it didn't say it couldn't happen...
second, who knows? less time would be my guess. might have something with it being a predalien

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 01:50:14 AM
Good points and i did read it...Alien 3 didn't take away molting it didn't say it couldn't happen...
second, who knows? less time would be my guess. might have something with it being a predalien

Indirectly, it did show it wouldn't happen. If it was a possibility, there would be no natural Queens - ever. Regulars would just move out of the nest, transforming and setting new hives up, as they go.

While that would be a supremely funky way for them to have gone about things, we know that they do naturally hatch Queens. Why else would they do that, if they don't have to?

In fact, what was stopping the one in 'Alien 3' from simply going around and impregnating prisoners? After all, according to the newer directors, Queens need an army before they can nest... Why wouldn't it have been creating one, instead of killing prisoners at every opportunity?

I'd have liked it to, certainly, but it didn't.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well acording to the new theroy the doogy couldn't do that...i'd be Ripley's Daughter doing that... y have natural born Queens? faster way to get one, safer can hid in a chest easier, maybe their stronger who knows

mace-in-the-face

I used to hate the idea of this movie, but since I heard about this new reproductive method, I have renewed hope.

Which girls get impregnated in this movie?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 01:58:03 AM
Well acording to the new theroy the doogy couldn't do that...

According to the director who posts here, every Alien is capable of implantation and transformation.

It should have been going around, abducting prisoners, impregnating them. It wasn't. Like the Nostromo Alien wasn't. It would have been nice if they had that ability, but if they were able to, then there was every reason for them to have been doing so.

We're left with having to try and figure out what was preventing them. I've not come up with anything yet.

We might also be left with trying to figure out why this Predalien has deliberately waited for three years before deciding it can be bothered to start transforming and nesting.

Quotei'd be Ripley's Daughter doing that... y have natural born Queens? faster way to get one, safer can hid in a chest easier, maybe their stronger who knows

Once it emerges, it's going to be a lot more vulnerable than a fully-grown Alien. There's nothing to suggest the end result would be stronger and, besides, why does it need to be strong if its only job is to sit back in comfort and lay eggs?

Especially if the Queen is now rendered expendable.

Major Alan Schaefer

i wouldn't say expendable...i'd say more expednale....

The Dog wouldn't have to turn itself into a Queen because it knew one was on the way...why make two Queens, the Dog was going around making it less of a threat for the Queen.

SiL

SiL

Why have a Queen on the way if the dog Alien could just turn into one? :)

This is what happens when filmmakers don't pay attention.

Major Alan Schaefer

i think Queen molting is a last resort long thing. not something it does every five seconds thus explaining y we haven't see it yet. why didn' it happen in Alien? i'd say, Time, and who says it couldn't do it?

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 01:45:22 AM
;D I'm waiting for my oppion for when i see it so i don't drown myself in "It's gonna suck" or "Its gonna be awesome"

You just lost the game.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Huol on Oct 28, 2007, 02:16:20 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 01:45:22 AM

You just lost the game.
when was this a game?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed