Engineers and Black Goo?

Started by aliens13, Feb 14, 2024, 12:32:21 AM

Author
Engineers and Black Goo? (Read 6,346 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Eal on Apr 06, 2024, 05:26:23 AMIs it possible that they'll soft-retcon the goo from Prometheus?

Keep the events and plot intact but retcon the relationship of the engineers to the xeno, why the seeding of life or dna or whatever, their age and factions etc. Their 'lords blood'..perhaps a 'soft' change from Decon blood to xenomorph blood?

Well technically it's not really Prometheus that does that, it's Covenant.

I think its likely Scott just wanted the black stuff to make f**ked up things then had 6 glasses of wine and Covenant happened.

SiL

SiL

I think the goo being arbitrary is a Lindelof "Just have shit happen and call it a mystery" special. In Spaiht's script there were distinct eggs for distinct effects.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Being a Lost fan, I totally recognize Lindelof tricks here.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 06, 2024, 10:04:04 AMIn Spaiht's script there were distinct eggs for distinct effects.

Probably better, feels like it makes the universe bigger.Makes the Jockey even more interesting. Could even still attack the biblical angle if it's Noah's Ark.

I feel like anything we find out in Romulus will just be an excuse to make someone's face explode. Hope I'm wrong though.  :-X

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Highland on Apr 06, 2024, 12:36:48 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 06, 2024, 10:04:04 AMIn Spaiht's script there were distinct eggs for distinct effects.

Probably better, feels like it makes the universe bigger.Makes the Jockey even more interesting. Could even still attack the biblical angle if it's Noah's Ark.

I feel like anything we find out in Romulus will just be an excuse to make someone's face explode. Hope I'm wrong though.  :-X

Faces are already exploding  :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Rewatched Prometheus just this morning and now onto Covenant. Brings up my on-the-fence feelings regarding the black goo.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Rightfully so.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Apr 11, 2024, 01:46:47 AMRewatched Prometheus just this morning and now onto Covenant. Brings up my on-the-fence feelings regarding the black goo.

Been a while since I watched Covenant properly. Forgot how visceral Ledward's backburster scene is.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Too bad we don't know shit about him prior to his death.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 11, 2024, 12:58:14 PMToo bad we don't know shit about him prior to his death.

According to Ben Rigby, the feller who plays him, he was in the army (it's unknown what army, exactly) before being recruited for the Covenant mission. Of course, that assertion is made outside the sphere of canon, but Ledward had to have had some kind of combat background to be accepted in the first place.

Shortly before the Covenant launched in 2104, Ledward and the rest of Lopé's team (minus Lopé) helped Daniels foil saboteur Eric Sasaki, who was threatening to blow up one of the terraforming bays. Ledward wanted to shoot Sasaki in the head, but Daniels chose to negotiate with him.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Prez on Apr 11, 2024, 11:45:09 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 11, 2024, 01:46:47 AMRewatched Prometheus just this morning and now onto Covenant. Brings up my on-the-fence feelings regarding the black goo.

Been a while since I watched Covenant properly. Forgot how visceral Ledward's backburster scene is.

Great scene, though it probably could have done without the second blood slip. Love the music during it too.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Rankles75 on Apr 12, 2024, 12:04:56 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 11, 2024, 11:45:09 AM

Great scene, though it probably could have done without the second blood slip. Love the music during it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_o19X5D2g&list=PLfzW_wEeYxk6BOn3-Ff309al2je0-TTn1&index=10&pp=iAQB8AUB

Love Kurtzel's score for that film. Was listening to his Snowtown score (his brother directed that one) and there are signature tones and beats to what we hear in the `Medbay' track.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Rankles75 on Apr 12, 2024, 12:04:56 AMGreat scene, though it probably could have done without the second blood slip. Love the music during it too.

Also this. Why the need for the second slip while the scene is dead serious ? It's goofy and out of place. Can't they come with anything else in order to make the characters in difficulty ?

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

But its "darwinism!"

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

So many silly actions happen.

Ledworth saying he is going to take a piss only to just have a ciggy break. Why didn't he just say he was going for a ciggy break?  Hardly an illegal or bad reason.

Hallet putting his face right up to a spore sac.

Rosenthal going off alone etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed