Space Jockey Theories

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:12:10 AM

Author
Space Jockey Theories (Read 128,925 times)

DRACO ^V^

DRACO ^V^

:-X ;) ;D

topman

topman

i completely agree with maledoro. this is the first true theory that came out and was the original idea for Alien director ridely scott!
i read the reproduction theory for the aliens in the first movie and i find that this idea of the victims turning into eggs more shocking then having a queen laying eggs which is mre familiar!

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I always thought that the transformation of a person into an egg was an emergency thing because there was no Queen yet.

Stay Frosty

Stay Frosty

i have always had the idea that the space jocky set down on the planet and sent the distress beacon to lure people there

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jan 09, 2007, 04:48:05 PM
I always thought that the transformation of a person into an egg was an emergency thing because there was no Queen yet.
Then why did the alien do it in Alien when the concept of the queen wasn't thought of until Aliens was written several years later?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Stay Frosty on Jan 09, 2007, 04:54:44 PM
i have always had the idea that the space jocky set down on the planet and sent the distress beacon to lure people there
First off, it had been established that it was a warning disguised by the Company to be read as a distress signal. Secondly, why would the Jockeys deliberately lure other ships there when they wouldn't benefit from the disasters?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 09, 2007, 05:47:57 PM
Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jan 09, 2007, 04:48:05 PM
Then why did the alien do it in Alien when the concept of the queen wasn't thought of until Aliens was written several years later?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Confused%20and%20Stoopid/6c305c52.gif

Maybe so, but it fits.

ArchangeL

ArchangeL

I always thought the pilots created the aliens to use as a weapon. I mean, look at the thing! They're like a virus, the PERFECT organism for wiping out other species. As a weapon, they'd be unparralled. But even though the pilots created the aliens, the aliens would not serve them. The pilots kept control of the aliens while the aliens were in their ships using advanced machinery in their ships. But once the aliens left the ship, they could not be controlled, making the weapon one time use only for each ship. One pilot ship would hold a few hundred aliens.

Then something happened (I haven't thought of it yet) and the pilot ship crashed onto LV-426, which disabled the alien control field. Bye bye pilots.

I haven't thought of a reason why the ship crashed yet.

maledoro

maledoro

Aside from there not being any visual evidence that the ship had crashed, I've always been curious as to why people think that it had crashed.

I'm also curious why it's so difficult to accept what O'Bannon had said about the planet going through a serious climate change that had killed off rival species and host species, leaving only the aliens for the Jockeys to discover.

yautja99

yautja99

H.R. Giger thought of the Space Jockey and that was one of the many things he created for the film Alien. Ridley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, said that Space Jockeys created Xenomorphs as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war There is some evidence to support this, such as the xenomorph's biomechanical nature.

Remember the Dark Horse Alien comics are non canonical so dont count the comics.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: yautja99 on Jan 11, 2007, 02:14:28 AM
H.R. Giger thought of the Space Jockey and that was one of the many things he created for the film Alien.
Actually, he designed the Space Jockey. Before he was on the scene, there was a dead alien in a derelict spacecraft in even the earliest script.

Ridley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, said that Space Jockeys created Xenomorphs as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war There is some evidence to support this, such as the xenomorph's biomechanical nature.
Actually, Scott was just throwing ideas out there. He peppered his comments with "I think" and "I'd like to believe", as if he was trying to convince himself. He never developed a complete backstory, as Dan O'Bannon had which survived upto being in the novelization of Alien which was written off of scripts that were still in use during the movie's production.

As for the evidence, everything that people had tried to show me was easily refuted. The reason why the aliens have a "bio-mechanical nature" is because they pick up traits from their hosts. This is something that goes back to the first Alien movie. The aliens had picked up traits from the Jockeys and retained them and passed them on to their next generation; the one that had spawned from humans.

Remember the Dark Horse Alien comics are non canonical so dont count the comics.
Although they were fun to read, I wouldn't consult them for info as they weren't written by people connected to the films; unlike Alan Dean Foster, the author of the first three films' novelizations, who had worked with the script writers for accuracy.

topman

topman

i would have loved to see the original idea done as the Alien first movie. this would have been really interesting to see how the other movies panned out!
i do prefer the original conscept as you know my reasons on my previous post and also wasn't it james cameron's idea to have a queen in the alien reproduction system?? ???

yautja99

yautja99

So Dan O'Bannon is the creator of Alien and he knows the real origin story for the Xenomorphs?.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: yautja99 on Jan 11, 2007, 04:47:47 PM
So Dan O'Bannon is the creator of Alien and he knows the real origin story for the Xenomorphs?.
"Knows"? If he is the creator of the Alien mythos, and had created a back story for the aliens, it's safe to assume that he knows the story behind the Jockeys meeting the aliens...

yautja99

yautja99

According to the book "Giger's Alien," the eggs were originally meant to be housed in a completely separate architectural structure, shaped in the form of a massive pyramid. This would imply the previous existence of a native civilization, wiped out by their reverence for the creatures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed