'Alien: Romulus' Xenomorph popcorn bucket

Started by MudButt, Apr 12, 2024, 06:15:21 PM

Author
'Alien: Romulus' Xenomorph popcorn bucket (Read 3,374 times)

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: El Diablo on Apr 13, 2024, 07:34:50 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 13, 2024, 07:21:42 AMOkay.. I know they did it with Dune. They're apparently doing it with Deadpool vs Wolverine? Maybe? But the whole popcorn bucket thing... Who cares?

They've been doing them the last few years at most of the major theater chains, at least here in the States. Some of them are surprisingly cool. They had one from THE BATMAN that looked like a replica of the cowl. I also picked up a rather large ECTO-1 light up bucket from GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE that scaled up nicely with some of the figures I own. A little custom paint job and it looks rather impressive on display. Yeah, this is a thing now.
My ideal popcorn would be simply a regular, hard plastic, washable bucket with an original art graphic printed around the sides. Like they could have an original Alien comic art by Tristan Jones. That would be cool. These things however look tacky and cumbersome imo.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2024, 07:39:01 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 13, 2024, 07:22:51 AMIt's a gimmick, I get it, but it's an awful gimmick.
Why? That's better looking than some collectibles.
Compared to the Dune one, definitely.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Makeme on Apr 13, 2024, 06:34:18 AMIt is a Alien Covenant "xenomorph" head or not?

Definitely looks like the Covenant head, think they just used a mold they already had on hand I guess.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 13, 2024, 07:21:42 AMOkay.. I know they did it with Dune. They're apparently doing it with Deadpool vs Wolverine? Maybe? But the whole popcorn bucket thing... Who cares?

The popcorn is irrelevant, I just want a big plastic Alien head and can't get one (easily). 

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 13, 2024, 08:35:25 AM

The popcorn is irrelevant, I just want a big plastic Alien head and can't get one (easily). 

You know what?   I would be all in if it was an ovomorph (egg) bucket.

xShadowFoxX

I have plenty of Alien heads and figures, so maybe that's why I don't really care for the bucket overall.

426Buddy

I think it's pretty cool myself.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 13, 2024, 09:48:37 AMI think it's pretty cool myself.

Seconded.

Kradan

It looks but I don't even understand how it's supposed to perform its function as a popcorn bucket question mark

BigDaddyJohn

It's nice but it doesn't seem practical lol

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 13, 2024, 10:04:31 AMIt looks but I don't even understand how it's supposed to perform its function as a popcorn bucket question mark
Maybe the dome opens and you can click it shut to store your popcorn.

Mr.M

What? Does the inner jaw spit popcorn out? lol

Either way, it will be a nice little collectible.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I really like it! I know some folk here are seeing the Covenant head due to colouring, but I think looking at the side it's definitely inspired by the Alien 3 runner head (in fact I'd go and say its shape compares nicely to that tweet Fede Alvarez shared before he was announced as working on Romulus, where he put of a photo of the (rather battered)prop for the runners head and asked fans for help in identifying which movie it was from. :-D

Nightmare Asylum

Not looking to bring down the mood by AVP-posting, but...

Couldn't help myself but to think of this, seeing how it slides onto the user's arm. :laugh:

Anyways, this is cute. No idea if my theater chain is going to get these (the Dune: Part Two one was unfortunately an AMC exclusive, but my main chain is Showcase), but if I can get one I intend to.

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 13, 2024, 12:45:53 PMNot looking to bring down the mood by AVP-posting, but...

You're certainly not bringing my mood down lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed