Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Started by ace3g, Sep 29, 2022, 10:24:45 PM

Author
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (Read 3,438 times)

KiramidHead

Welcome to PotA titles.

Immortan Jonesy

GoTenDu

GoTenDu

Fingers crossed, I hope this will be GOOD!!

ace3g

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah this looks sick. I'm all in.

PortugueseXeno

This looks incredible.

This movie, alongisde Alien and Dune Part 2 is my most anticipated of the year.

SM

SM

Apes need no king.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Human lead looks to be an astronaut, based on what she's wearing when Noa is pulling her out of the water.

SM

SM

Is this series meant to be a reboot?  I always got the impression it was prequel to the original film.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Feb 12, 2024, 02:01:04 AMIs this series meant to be a reboot?  I always got the impression it was prequel to the original film.

I think at the time Rise was made, it was done in a way that it could be a prequel to the original if it wasn't a success, or it could grow into a franchise of its own if it was a hit. It took the latter path and seems to totally be its own thing separate from the originals at this stage.

KiramidHead

It would be kind of hard for these to be prequels, since we're clearly shown in the original that Taylor and his crew left Earth in the 70s.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 12, 2024, 02:06:03 AMIt would be kind of hard for these to be prequels, since we're clearly shown in the original that Taylor and his crew left Earth in the 70s.

Who knows, maybe "Taylor" might be Mae's last name in this new movie.

SM

SM

I remember some background detail in the first flick about a space mission being launched or lost which was to imply Chuck Heston was on board?

KiramidHead

They mention a space mission but it can't really be the one from the original.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh I stand corrected on the human character's name – turns out the old report saying Mae was wrong. It's actually Nova, which is a fun inversion from the original film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed