Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 755,832 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 20, 2019, 04:34:36 PM
:laugh: I don't know why you'd set yourself on fire.

The egg!  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

There is no egg.

Huggs

Huggs

What was said, was for me and me alone .

I believe.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Does this mean we've achieved consensus?  Is everyone ready to accept my ooze theory?

The Old One

The Old One

Spoiler

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 20, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
It was the intention during shooting that it was an unclear amount of surviving Facehuggers
that hitched a ride and waited until the humans were at their most vulnerable.

(The Facehuggers obviously ran for the hills when the airlock opened, under a grating- inside a vent and voilà.
When the Facehuggers return, the crew's in cryosleep.)

The egg was a studio insert, from the mentality that "these things have to come from an egg" creating a needless point of contention.
One that we're still discussing, if you don't care about the way the film should have been edited together being the real explanation;
Then in order to take it at face value, with it being in a place it couldn't possibly be. I only have this to say;

"I had a terrible dream in cryosleep."
-Ellen Ripley

[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2019, 04:16:41 AM
Does this mean we've achieved consensus?  Is everyone ready to accept my ooze theory?

You mean that Queen had put some kind of ooze on Sulaco that eventually turned into the egg? I can accept it.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 20, 2019, 04:39:06 PM
There is no egg.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQGc4gEeoR0oA_ctRw6F-RgOZ2pOkeyYzwlu_4JgZuqhAtLCfyq

There is egg.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 24, 2019, 09:22:36 AMYou mean that Queen had put some kind of ooze on Sulaco that eventually turned into the egg?

Da.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2019, 09:28:09 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 24, 2019, 09:22:36 AMYou mean that Queen had put some kind of ooze on Sulaco that eventually turned into the egg?

Da.

Stop using Google translator on me!  :D

SiL

SiL

ЗдесЬ нет яйца.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Feb 24, 2019, 09:37:17 AM
ЗдесЬ нет яйца.

Нет, оно есть!!!! Аргххххх!!!!!

Инженеры это Космические Жокеи! Дэвид создал ксеноморфа! Инопланетный корабль на Lv-426 разбился совсем недавно! Элизабет Шоу как персонаж лучше чем Рипли! Лучшие фильмы во всей франшизе это Воскрешение, Чужой против Хищника, Рэквием и Прометей!

Чужие отстой! Прометей лучше Чужих! Камерон - отстой! Ридли Скотт - спаситель фильмов о Чужом и вообще Царь и Бог!

Дизайн хищников в Чужой против Хищника лучше чем дизайн в Хищнике! ADI превзошли Стэна Уинстона!

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2019, 04:16:41 AM

Anyone kept track of how many theories we've come up with in the 166(!) pages this thread has ploughed on for?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 24, 2019, 09:39:41 AM
Нет, оно есть!!!! Аргххххх!!!!!

Инженеры это Космические Жокеи! Дэвид создал ксеноморфа! Инопланетный корабль на Lv-426 разбился совсем недавно! Элизабет Шоу как персонаж лучше чем Рипли! Лучшие фильмы во всей франшизе это Воскрешение, Чужой против Хищника, Рэквием и Прометей!

Чужие отстой! Прометей лучше Чужих! Камерон - отстой! Ридли Скотт - спаситель фильмов о Чужом и вообще Царь и Бог!

Дизайн хищников в Чужой против Хищника лучше чем дизайн в Хищнике! ADI превзошли Стэна Уинстона!
эта была шутка, мои друг! :D

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

If all the films are canon, I'm now saying it definitely had to have been the droid.

Look at Prometheus and A:C. The movies show that androids are pure evil.

Why should Bishop have been the only non-evil android?

Why would Bishop go beyond following the company's orders? We all know the company wanted the alien. Bishop would be programmed to follow the company's orders. And he did not *directly* harm any people, just as he said he wouldn't.

I know there are still problems in this theory, but I do think it makes a lot more sense, even if traditional lovers of 'Aliens' don't like it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: StayFrosty on Feb 24, 2019, 10:27:52 AM
Why should Bishop have been the only non-evil android?
He came after the "evil" droids. Assuming there was no change in legislation is less realistic than assuming people were allowed to continue unabated.

QuoteWhy would Bishop go beyond following the company's orders?
He wasn't company property; he was with the marines and the ECA, not Weyland Yutani.

His program also said "by omission of action allow to come to harm." Placing eggs on the Sulaco would allow people to come to harm.

Rankles75

Rankles75

As well as the obvious logistical problems, having Bishop do it would ruin his whole character arc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed