What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 595,862 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Dachande on Jan 05, 2022, 10:08:02 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 05, 2022, 10:05:08 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jan 05, 2022, 09:58:38 PM
People coming into work sick. Have you no compassion for others?  >:(

I would imagine people still need to pay their bills. At least, it is how it works here

Does sick pay not exist?

I havent been able to work since Boxing day, due to covid but i'll still get paid for every day i can't come in to work.

I work in retail. These are not employees. Customers. Curbside pick-up is an option. The denial of the virus here is unbelievable.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Dachande on Jan 05, 2022, 10:08:02 PM
Does sick pay not exist?

Most of people in Ukraine wouldn't even know the meaning of these words

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Found out today from a Welsh speaker that the middle name my parents gave me is both an egregious English misspelling of the actual name and that they (and thus, I) have been pronouncing it wrong for my entire life.

Please don't give your kids names from languages you don't speak.

Kradan

Kradan

How about a surname people think they know better how to spell than you do and you keep seeing it f**ked up in most of the papers you get ?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 05, 2022, 11:20:08 PM
Found out today from a Welsh speaker that the middle name my parents gave me is both an egregious English misspelling of the actual name and that they (and thus, I) have been pronouncing it wrong for my entire life.

Especially Welsh.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 05, 2022, 11:20:08 PM

What's the name?

My last name is of dubious origin and nobody knows how to pronounce it properly, and my wife's Russian so she's f**ked in Australia.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 05, 2022, 11:50:54 PM
How about a surname people think they know better how to spell than you do and you keep seeing it f**ked up in most of the papers you get ?

The Ukrainian family I've mentioned here before got that so much in NZ that they just changed the spelling to make things easier lmao.

Quote from: SiL on Jan 06, 2022, 12:05:21 AM
What's the name?

Llewellyn, which is the mangled English version - although most English speakers now pronounce it much as you'd expect (which is actually sort of a Dutch way, strangely). But it's a Welsh name, and LL is very different to L in Welsh, so the original name would be Llewelyn, and pronounced more like Shoe-Yell-Hin or Chew-Yell-Hin.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 05, 2022, 11:50:54 PM

Kradanovich isn't hard to spell though.

Kradan

Kradan

Wah wah wah waaaaaaah  :P

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 06, 2022, 07:14:48 AM
Wah wah wah waaaaaaah  :P

Don't just make guitar sounds, contribute!

Kradan

Kradan

What do you want me to contribute ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Your battle reports from HL1 or Black Mesa.

Kradan

Kradan

:P

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I'm confused about whether I should be wrathful or be the way I am now, on the Internet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed