What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 595,786 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a Cineworld Unlimited Showing. They do early showings of films for people who have their Unlimited card.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No idea why but I'm feeling pretty low today.  :-\

PVTDukeMorrison

My swear in ceremony for the forces got cancelled... again. Now they won't even give a reschedule date to anyone because the CO of the regiment has no idea when he'll be in country  >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That blows. Sorry to hear, man.  :-\

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Thats got to be such a pain in the ass man

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Just checked my up to date credit score(s)

Spoiler
:'(
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

While waiting to pay in my Grandmothers cheque into my account, the old woman stood in front of me was stuffing handfuls of crisps into her mouth into her mouth and letting the crumbs and chunks she couldnt fit in, fall to the floor. I mean what the holy f**k.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I just found out that my local comic book store that I frequent may end up closing down.. Which is a damn shame because I was such a loyal customer at the store and I had a lot of things on my pull list. Now... I gotta find another place and start all over again.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think in general, it's hard for small local businesses, but it must be especially for niche stuff like comics. I have a couple nearby but one I order from and have done for about 10 years. The owner recently sold the store and I think it was for the better. This new guy has his head in the 21st century and it doing a really nice job of.

I hope you're able to find somewhere else nearby.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Well there are a couple places, one of them is nearby which is a place called Fat Jack's Comic Krypt. The problem is.. the owner of the store there more or less... has his pet cats running around the store, and the place reeks of kitty litter. And the cats get on the long boxes making.. well.. very hard to find the comics you want because this is someone's pet and sometimes.. the cats get nasty. Also it doesn't help I'm allergic to cats.

The other place is called Ron's Comic World, and it's a very nice place.. but the problem is it's like a fourty five minute drive away and I would only be able to get there when I have the time, which isn't often as I usually work weekends and going on weekdays where traffic jams are from people returning to work... It's a bit difficult.

This was just depressing to hear today because I've gotten all of my comics from this one store, and there's not a lot close by. And the one that is... is a place where my allergies are kicked into gear.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I know how you feel about local comic shops closing. I remember at one point years ago, there were like four comic shops near to where i used to live. They've all gone now.

Luckily there's a small one down the road from where i live now and he only moved to that premises because of building works where he used to be based. But they've been going great guns.

Sometimes though it may be worth traveling the greater distance, to get what you want, especially if the other guy is ruining his product with his pets, which shouldnt be running freely around the shop anyway. Jay and Silent Bob would be pissed

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Realized I messed up my own schedule for the entire week, now I have to both work and study for exams and catch up on a LOT of overdue homework... already missed a couple of deadlines and losing sleep... god this was a terrible decision. Why the heck didn't I do any of my work sooner?!?!?!?!???  >:(

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 01, 2016, 10:19:14 AM
I know how you feel about local comic shops closing. I remember at one point years ago, there were like four comic shops near to where i used to live. They've all gone now.

Luckily there's a small one down the road from where i live now and he only moved to that premises because of building works where he used to be based. But they've been going great guns.

Sometimes though it may be worth traveling the greater distance, to get what you want, especially if the other guy is ruining his product with his pets, which shouldnt be running freely around the shop anyway. Jay and Silent Bob would be pissed
There was one comic store in my area it was called inky fingers and it got closed down (now I read everything on go go comics website)
L

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 02, 2016, 04:50:53 AM

There was one comic store in my area it was called inky fingers and it got closed down (now I read everything on go go comics website)
L

Whats the nearest place you could get comics from now?

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 02, 2016, 11:31:39 AM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 02, 2016, 04:50:53 AM

L

Whats the nearest place you could get comics from now?
The internet ;D;http://gogocomic.net/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed