Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,170 times)

Prez

Prez

Finally watched `Near Dark' and yes ... it was all that I expected it to be.
Really enjoyed that one. From the Tangerine Dream score to that very 80s vibe about it. Our Aliens' trio are all in full force in this one and probably make up for some of the more cheesier acting from the two main characters.

That bar scene. Woah.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I love me some Near Dark! Definitely my jam.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

All Cheerleaders Die
Bit Meh, could have done more with the concept

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
A Classic. Its amazing how well Michael Caine and Steve Martin bounce off of each other

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 05, 2021, 01:59:05 PM

It was a trip down 80s memory lane for me Voodoo. Had all the right cues and vibes that were a hallmark of that era's film making - even down to the cliched stock gunshot dubs. Will have to add it permanently to my collection on Bluray soon.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think Near Dark is alright for the first two thirds, but it shits the bed in the third act with the random as hell cure for vampirism.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, considering it's reputation, I thought that film was a huge disappointment. The Aliens alumni were great in their roles but overall I just found it really boring.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Man Who Would Be King
A ripping yarn starring Sean Connery and Michael Caine

Prez

Prez

Continuing the 80s Vampire trend I finally sat down at watched (in one sitting) The Lost Boys.
Great film and a few iconic Aussie hit songs in that film. That cameo from Tim Capello (the oiled up muscle bound sax player on the beach) is brilliant (loved the fact he reprised that role in Gunships `Dark all Day')

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on Jan 06, 2021, 01:04:20 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 05, 2021, 01:59:05 PM

It was a trip down 80s memory lane for me Voodoo. Had all the right cues and vibes that were a hallmark of that era's film making - even down to the cliched stock gunshot dubs. Will have to add it permanently to my collection on Bluray soon.

Yeah, it's a definite must-have for me too brother. I don't know how availability is in the rest of the world, but if you live in the United States, be prepared to to fork over $40-$80 smackeroos for that Near Dark Blu, depending on its condition!  :-\

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 06, 2021, 02:08:17 AM
I think Near Dark is alright for the first two thirds, but it shits the bed in the third act with the random as hell cure for vampirism.

My mind never had too much of an issue accepting that cure, when we're already dealing with the fantastical immortal undead with elongated canine teeth, living of their thirst for human blood!  :)

Kradan

Kradan

Soul

I didn't really cared much for Inside Out or Coco,  but definitely liked this one. I felt genuine passion behind it that I haven't felt in Pixar cartoons for quite some time

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Prez on Jan 06, 2021, 01:41:25 PM
Continuing the 80s Vampire trend I finally sat down at watched (in one sitting) The Lost Boys.
Great film and a few iconic Aussie hit songs in that film. That cameo from Tim Capello (the oiled up muscle bound sax player on the beach) is brilliant (loved the fact he reprised that role in Gunships `Dark all Day')
My favorite vampire flick!  I recently visited the bridge where they were "hanging" out at.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Thelma & Louise

I dunno why, but the first part of this scene always makes me well up like you wouldn't believe. So much said with no dialogue whatsoever.

Whatever Ridley might have done over the years that I can't stand, when he's on form he really is a magnificent director. One of his finest movies.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ghost Ship
While the rest of the Film cant compare to the opening, its still a fun cheesy ride

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The scene where everyone gets bisected?

I don't remember much about the film, but I do remember that being by far the best bit. Should've put it as a flashback later on.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mortal Engines

The first ten minutes were kind of cool, then two more hours follow that are so bland they feel like three.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed