Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 118,995 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm pretty sure the movie will be made by someone else. I doubt Fox will let a million doller series die without a new movie.

chupacabras acheronsis

they let Riddles get away with the budget for a different product, i think everyone at fox is confident enough of this project to drop the prequel.

Eidotemit

Strange feeling, being relieved and disappointed at the same time.

StrangeShape

Quote from: JayHy17 on Jan 15, 2011, 05:16:03 AM
Scott said the "DNA of Alien" is there. Its prob gonna be an epic film. just wait guys.

Look at the first page. He meant as in filmmaking, that its gonna have the same feel as Alien, he didnt mean that literally

grands0nz0rz

im gonna go and sleep on this.
at the moment im too upset to even think straight. maybe i will see the silver lining tomorrow.

cmc

cmc

Praying that this news turns out to be fake, bitterly dissapointed if its true, we nearly had the perfect set up of every Alien fans wet dream, a new Alien film directed by the original director, now he seems to have gotten carried away with his own ideas.

PS. I dont mind it its a film not centered on the Alien, just want it to be in the Alien universe, not a completly "original idea". Alien was his greatest movie and he has not made anything as good since, actually progressivly worse, what makes him think he can do it now?

GIVE US ALIEN PREQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valaquen

Quote from: cmc on Jan 15, 2011, 05:41:54 AM
PS. I dont mind it its a film not centered on the Alien, just want it to be in the Alien universe, not a completly "original idea". Alien was his greatest movie and he has not made anything as good since, actually progressivly worse, what makes him think he can do it now?
Yeah, Blade Runner was the first indication of the downward spiral for Scott ...
;)

frostedone

Noooooooo! :(

I was so looking forward to a Ridley Alien Prequel.

At least he gets to do an original movie so that is good, but I really really had my hopes up for a new Alien film by Ridley. Way more so than any other director aside from Cameron.

Federick Gonsa

So what can the Prometheus title mean? I know it has to do with Greek mythology, and that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was at some point titled "The Modern Prometheus". So what could it possibly tell us about the movie? Perhaps a discovery that was not meant to fall on human hands?

cmc

cmc

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2011, 05:43:35 AM
Quote from: cmc on Jan 15, 2011, 05:41:54 AM
Yeah, Blade Runner was the first indication of the downward spiral for Scott ...
;)
Ahhhh of course, Bladerunner was great, a classic, but not as good as Alien, hence, progressivly worse.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Jan 15, 2011, 05:58:51 AM
So what can the Prometheus title mean? I know it has to do with Greek mythology, and that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was at some point titled "The Modern Prometheus". So what could it possibly tell us about the movie? Perhaps a discovery that was not meant to fall on human hands?

It's pretty obvious. Homosexual human explorers go waltzing about the universe, make an amazing discovery that will change the future of technology irrevocably, try to bring it back, and everything goes wrong from there. Get their bladders eaten by space eagles or something.

Quote from: cmc on Jan 15, 2011, 06:03:18 AM
Ahhhh of course, Bladerunner was great, a classic, but not as good as Alien, hence, progressivly worse.

Very debatable.

Nope

Nope

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 15, 2011, 06:05:24 AM
Quote from: cmc on Jan 15, 2011, 06:03:18 AM

Very debatable.
Yea, I personally  like Blade Runner more then Alien.

Space Sweeper

SpaceMarines

You funny motherf**ker. :laugh:

2:04... I'm touched.

Nope

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed