"She Is Our Bridge To A Better Humanity" - Aliens: Dark Descent Story Trailer Released!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 15, 2023, 02:48:04 PM

Author
"She Is Our Bridge To A Better Humanity" - Aliens: Dark Descent Story Trailer Released! (Read 5,549 times)

Corporal Hicks

Like the Aliens attacking the Operations Center, the countdown to Aliens: Dark Descent draws closer and closer! With less than a week left to go before we’re dropping down on planet Lethe, Focus Entertainment has released a new story trailer for Aliens: Dark Descent!

Aliens: Dark Descent releases in just 5 days on the 20th of June. If you haven't already you can pre-order it on Amazon for £34.99/$39.99. (UK/US)

Make sure to keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest intel on Aliens: Dark Descent! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Nightmare Asylum

The corporate office at 1:07 feels like it's drawing pretty heavy influence from Niander Wallace's office in Blade Runner 2049.

bobby brown

it's the Dishonored art style married with the Alien franchise. France, I love you.

BlueMarsalis79

I can not stand the Dishonored art style, this being considerably more toned down makes it palatable though.

RidgeTop

Yeah I wouldn't say it's quite that stylized, tinge of stylization to the characters though and I don't mind it.

Good trailer.

Kailem

Kailem

That looks great! Definitely looks like they're leaning in to both the horror and the action you'd hope for in  an Aliens game. And bonus points for "miners dig too deep and find something horrific down in the mines." I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

Personally I don't mind the art style. We've had a glimpse of it in previous trailers so we knew they weren't going for full realism with their cutscenes, and for an RTS game I think that works. Since this keeps getting compared to XCOM I'll continue that trend by saying XCOM had an art style that deliberately mimicked an "action figure" flavour, and that worked really well. So I'm kinda imagining this game being a darker version of that.

Either way, definitely looking forward to finally playing this next week! I just hope Amazon's delivery estimate of the day after release turns out to be bs....

bobby brown

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 15, 2023, 03:46:48 PMI can not stand the Dishonored art style, this being considerably more toned down makes it palatable though.

that's cool, but I love it though.

yuppy

I think the cinematics are top notch but in-game flesh tones look weird to me.

yuppy

One thing I abhor is that their neck bones and trapezius are non-existent. Like they made everyone from the same bone system. Then the baked in shadows.

Still Collating...

Yeah, the graphics maybe not perfect, like the skin tones and Alien face shape, but graphics are overrated IMO. I care for the atmosphere, lighting/color scheme, story, love good cinematics, intelligent gameplay and difficulty settings, replay value. Hope this game ticks most of those boxes. Really liking what I'm seeing so far.

Xenomorphine

For something advertising the story, this felt very light on details of the actual story.

Every time I see something with praetorian or ACM's 'crusher' nonsense, I cringe. Realism seems to have gone out the window in favour of comic book emulation (which was obvious when it was revealed that they relabelled Hudson's com tech role to 'tecker'). But the gameplay mechanics are what I'm feeling hopeful for.

bobby brown

A cute shoutout to Davids's lair in 0:13.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 16, 2023, 06:58:10 PMFor something advertising the story, this felt very light on details of the actual story.

(Insert Praetorian whingeposting here)

Do you have to complain about this constantly, at every available opportunity? It conceptually has been part of the franchise longer than it has not at this point.

[cancerblack]

Necronomicon II

Yeah this is looking solid, I'm more a FPS man but willing to make an exception for this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed