Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 10,239 times)

LV-12986

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 06:20:03 PMI'll squash this now. It's not Big Chap.

What makes you so sure?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: LV-12986 on May 03, 2024, 06:26:49 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 06:20:03 PMI'll squash this now. It's not Big Chap.

What makes you so sure?

I've seen the movie a few times.

hamilton_milo

Would you say from what you saw in person this is a new interpretation of the dome, or is it the photo which is making it look quite unique?

Agreeing with @426Buddy it looks a bit strange.

Thatguy2068

I personally think it looks great, good usage of the biomechanical aspect

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 06:27:58 PM

What makes you so sure?

How did you see the movie?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

The dome design is new. I bet we get a clearer look in a new trailer.

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 03, 2024, 06:30:03 PMI personally think it looks great, good usage of the biomechanical aspect

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 06:27:58 PM

What makes you so sure?

How did you see the movie?

I'm connected with people who worked on the film and also marketing folks.

I helped with some ALIEN Day stuff.

Acid_Reign161

Absolutely love the xeno in this pic; there's a possibility it's damaged/injured, but I'm *SO* hoping this is a mid-moult xeno between the 'big chap/runner stage', as per Alien/Alien 3, and the 'warrior' stage from Aliens, and if so, I love that it doesn't come off in a single piece, but continues to undergo metamorphosis even as an adult.. Hope this is the case but either way this shot is beautiful!

E. Shaw

Cuz teenagers die in most horror movies. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Also, loving the seeming translucency of the Alien as presented in that still. Not sure if it's just a trick of the light, or if there really is a degree of translucency to this new Alien, but it looks great either way.

Mike’s Monsters

There is some seriously fun light-play in this one. The translucency is very present.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 06:44:38 PMThere is some seriously fun light-play in this one. The translucency is very present.

Most excellent.

E. Shaw

Adjusting to dying youths, the boy on The Voyage of the Demeter (2023) really took me aback.

Jango1201

This new image reminds me of when the alien confronted Lambert.

irn

The xenomorph actually looks vicious again.

426Buddy

Honestly I'm not digging the design of the dome/cowl from this shot alone. I know Mike said its not a good look at it so I'll reserve judgement. My heart did sink a little finding out they re-designed the dome.

The translucency is pretty cool though.

E. Shaw

Quote from: irn on May 03, 2024, 07:15:40 PMThe xenomorph actually looks vicious again.

Making Xenos great again. XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed