The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 85,561 times)

The Old One

The Old One

It's been removed since the reshoots.

Ramjet311

The amount of people whinging off reviews is insane. Go see it for yourself amd make your own judgement like normal people do!

Dannyboy

Well said ramjet!

Jacku

Jacku

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 10:16:01 PM
It's been removed since the reshoots.

Nooo. Oh well.

Samhain13

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Sep 07, 2018, 10:17:12 PM
The amount of people whinging off reviews is insane. Go see it for yourself amd make your own judgement like normal people do!

It's not out yet on some countries.

ELDERCLANLEADER

All these Shane black fans clinging on for dear life and can't accept that he has utterly failed. See I'm a man of taste, you can decorate crap all you want, but it's always going to taste bad.

My point is the script was just bad. And at its heart it's the core of a movie. If the script is bad, it doesn't matter how much money you throw it, what actors come on board, how much cgi you have, the film is going to suffer. As the predator has now found out. All the changes made were down to a dodgy script, in my humble opinion it's Fred Dekker who's to blame. Why fox employed a man that has already been on record saying he never liked the original is beyond me. It's his script so it's his fault. And it's Shane's for not staying true to predators roots.

Samhain13

Guess it's time for some damage control. Maybe the novel will have a better ending, like on how Covenant's novel David didn't create the aliens. So not all hope is lost.

The Old One

The Old One

The sign of a man of taste is surely declaring that they're a man of taste and that anyone who disagrees is simply in denial.

MudButt

The reviews seemed positive last night but today they've definitely led towards more mixed. However it's not being called an utter failure. Let's not forget only a small fraction of critics are seeing the movie this weekend. It sounds like this is what the general consensus will be going forward, and I am a bit disappointed by the some of the off things I've heard the movie does but I will reserve my judgement until I see it.

Fans getting upset on here based on reviews shouldn't just decide to hate the movie and not see it are doing the franchise a disservice. Voice your opinions but see the film so you can make an actual case for your dislike of the movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 07, 2018, 11:30:38 PM
The sign of a man of taste is surely declaring that they're a man of taste and that anyone who disagrees is simply in denial.

Then I guess I should proudly declare that I have no taste whatsoever, and that anyone who disagrees with me is completely right.   ;D

blood.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: MudButt on Sep 07, 2018, 11:33:11 PM
The reviews seemed positive last night but today they've definitely led towards more mixed. However it's not being called an utter failure. Let's not forget only a small fraction of critics are seeing the movie this weekend. It sounds like this is what the general consensus will be going forward, and I am a bit disappointed by the some of the off things I've heard the movie does but I will reserve my judgement until I see it.

Fans getting upset on here based on reviews shouldn't just decide to hate the movie and not see it are doing the franchise a disservice. Voice your opinions but see the film so you can make an actual case for your dislike of the movie.

Yep, people too quick to shit on it without seeing it, even though some reviews have said there is some good stuff in it. It's weird how a lot of people on the internet seem to pick up on all the negative stuff, while ignoring positive things.

It's far from perfect by the sound of things but I'm hearing good things about the characters, gore and action, so I think it will be in line with P2 and Predators, which are also flawed but fun movies.

Xan21

Xan21

Predator is a f-ing great sequel that holds it's own... Predators isn't... reciting lines from the original every 4 minutes is desperate... I heard the new one also does this. Ugh.

azamultic

Btw where is Petr?  :)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 12:24:14 AM
Btw where is Petr?  :)

Chasing Shane around with a suction cup arrow, no doubt.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed