The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 85,582 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm going to try to avoid spoilers but one of my major issues is a spoiler. I'll try to do a tl:dr version on here that gets it across fair but without giving away too much detail.

Master

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 07:26:32 AM
I'm going to try to avoid spoilers but one of my major issues is a spoiler. I'll try to do a tl:dr version on here that gets it across fair but without giving away too much detail.

Is it major game/canon changer? Like stupid as hell invasion theme?

von

von

Quote from: Master on Sep 07, 2018, 07:31:51 AM

4 in 5 reactions seem to be positive. good signs!

something for you Master since you're on the topic of alien invasion XD

https://twitter.com/alkerton/status/1037951918654541825

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master on Sep 07, 2018, 07:31:51 AM

Ehhh...more tone related but lore implications.

Master

Master

Oh crap...

Yautja_Warrior

Sounds like one of the problems will be the comedy, if you want a more serious movie or not. I'm fine with the comedy myself but it might be an issue for some.

Good to see more positive comments though, cannot wait to see it next week.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 07, 2018, 07:38:26 AM
Sounds like one of the problems will be the comedy, if you want a more serious movie or not. I'm fine with the comedy myself but it might be an issue for some.

Good to see more positive comments though, cannot wait to see it next week.

I actually loved the comedy. Was one of the things that made it really enjoyable. The folk who decided they didn't want comedy in way before hand wont like it though.

newagescamartist

I always considered the original movie a dark comedy. As long as the humor fits the picture, I'm perfectly fine with tons of humor.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 07:34:21 AMEhhh...more tone related but lore implications.

This...

People who go into this movie expecting another Predator 1 "feeling" and tone are going to be disappointed.

Danversity

I've been in the mindset that I want it to be the funniest film Shane could possibly make. If he's the one directing and writing it, then he better show it to me. I just don't care. None of the Predator films ever were serious experiences for me - even if I was scared of them as a kid, when I actually sat to watch them, I loved to laugh with them. And Shane's type of humor is just my favorite, so that is exactly what I want from this.

newagescamartist

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 07, 2018, 07:42:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 07:34:21 AMEhhh...more tone related but lore implications.

This...

People who go into this movie expecting another Predator 1 "feeling" and tone are going to be disappointed.

I have to admit, I'm genuinely surprised at the early positive reactions. Makes a Predator fan feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I'll be going in with no expectation. I skipped the trailers and most of the promotional stuff in general. All I know is that it's going to be have tons of jokes.

Corporal Hicks

Danversity

Tide seems to be turning more to the positive side. I'm thinking 70-something% on RT.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed