Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 968,018 times)

Pn2501

Pn2501

Nope

Nope

Played the Red Faction Armageddon demo, and it was really fun. Might pick it up sometime down the line.

Keg

Keg

Ive just played it and i doubt ill be picking it up. Its exactly as I expected. It seems like it will be fun at times, but I get the feeling its going to be one of those games that you grow bored of quickly and you end up plodding through the campaign for the sake of finishing it, not because youre enjoying it. Ive played countless games like it, not bad, but not good enough to hold my attention either.

Sure the destruction is crazy but its not enough to sway it for me. After the fantastic reviews for Guerilla I was really excited for it, only to find it extremely slow and repetitive. I loved the first two Red Faction games, especially the first but I think ill skip this one.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Guerilla was good, but I only played it in-between better games. I paid $20 for it and it wasn't worth any more than that.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Darksiders
Duke Nukem Forever Demo
Mass Effect 2

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2011, 06:20:09 PM
Guerilla was good, but I only played it in-between better games. I paid $20 for it and it wasn't worth any more than that.

My thoughts exactly. And once youve beaten i had no interest at all to go back to it. If I dont want to replay a game I wont buy them and I get the feeling Armageddon will be the same. Worth a run through but thats about it.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30

...holy shit...

Keg

Keg

Weird, ive just started to play an old WW2 shooter classic as well. MOH: Frontline that came with the new MOH on PS3.

Considering MOH  (PS1) and MOH: Frontline (PS2) both had Patterson as the playable character and featured different missions he was sent on, I'd love a full on remake of both games into one big package where the missions run in chronological order. I remember I did that once playing the missions in order, switching between the two games.

Nope

Nope

Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
A gorgeous looking blast of, albiet simple, RPG fun.

SM

SM

Decided to forego the frustration of ROTS, and started to explore LOTR - The Third Age again.  Played it years ago, but never had time to get into it.  Spent hours on it yesterday.  I really dig the turn based RPG aspect as opposed to the usual button mashing and trying to remember special moves that may or may not work (though I usually can't stand turn based games).

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: SM on Jun 04, 2011, 11:33:30 PM
Decided to forego the frustration of ROTS, and started to explore LOTR - The Third Age again.  Played it years ago, but never had time to get into it.  Spent hours on it yesterday.  I really dig the turn based RPG aspect as opposed to the usual button mashing and trying to remember special moves that may or may not work (though I usually can't stand turn based games).
I don't like turn based rpg's either but I really liked The third age.
It becomes really hard towards the end though and it takes quite a few "liberties" with the Lord of the rings story.

I'm playing Dead Space on 360.
Trying to get one last achievement, it's a secret one though so no idea what i need to do, i'm on chapter 7 and no i will never look it up on the net.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SM on Jun 04, 2011, 11:33:30 PM
I've always sucked at turn-based. That game kicked my ass at the final battle at Helms Deep. f**kin' trolls.

SM

SM

I'm still stuck in Moria.  Hate them battles where you're surrounded and the goblins get a stack of turns and your guys just stand there and take it.  >:(

Keg

Keg

I think i played that game on Xbox and i was really enjoying it (which is rare because i havnt got the patience for RPG'S and the only one ive ever finished was Knights of The Old Republic which was RPG-Noob friendly to be fair) but then i came across a battle on a bridge somewhere in Rohan which i couldnt beat. I dont know if it was because i didnt level up enough or if i didnt have the right characters, or if i just had no clue as to how to play the game but i remember finding the game enthralling upto that point and then i tried and tried to win this battle and i couldnt. I would leave it for days on end and then try again because sometimes youre your own worst enemy when pissed off so id leave it and come back to it only to try for hours and still fail and eventuallty i got so pissed off i traded it in.

Huol

Huol

Welp, in I go again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed