What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,266 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finally got around to reading Vasquez

VodouSpartan

VodouSpartan

Just started reading "The Three-Body Problem" series by Cixin Liu, in prep for the new Netflix Show of the same name. It comes out in March I think so I have some catching up to do before then😅

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

food for thought

Stitch

Stitch

Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier

Not a long book, but a really good companion to the final season of TP.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 30, 2024, 12:45:36 AMTwin Peaks: The Final Dossier

And when you introduce her to Twin Peaks, you can tell her what's going on when it gets weird and confusing.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 30, 2024, 02:13:27 AM

And when you introduce her to Twin Peaks, you can tell her what's going on when it gets weird and confusing.
Wait, you think I know what's going on when it gets weird and confusing? I'm not sure David Lynch even knows what's going on when it gets weird and confusing...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 31, 2024, 01:06:09 AM

Wait, you think I know what's going on when it gets weird and confusing? I'm not sure David Lynch even knows what's going on when it gets weird and confusing...

You read the book.  You have all the answers now.  You're like the SM of Twin Peaks.

I'm counting on you.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2024, 02:54:41 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Jan 31, 2024, 01:06:09 AM

You read the book.  You have all the answers now.  You're like the SM of Twin Peaks.

I'm counting on you.
I genuinely do not know how to respond to this. I'll have to rewatch all of Twin Peaks, maybe Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet, and then get back to you.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Secret History of Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier are both definitely very interesting reads and I'd highly recommend the both, but I'd add that they definitely come across more as Mark Frost's sole take on Twin Peaks, rather than Lynch's (much like how Fire Walk With Me was all Lynch, sans Frost). It's absolutely a valid take, but it is worth stating that the books do have a different flavor from (and some [very intentional] discrepancies with) the show. The books are much more rooted in "real world" history, myths, and belifs, and feel more tangible, almost like something akin to The X-Files-esque conspiracies than the total dream logic of the show and Lynch's work in general.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Borne by Jeff VanderMeer

Not super far into it, but this is a compelling sci-fi yarn so far.

SiL

SiL

Dune

Tried it ten years ago and kind of let it slip. Just over halfway through and enjoying it.

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Just finished reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy and Hiroshima/Nagasaki by Paul Ham.
Currently coming to the end of the audiobook "The Ruins" by Scott smith.

In the mood for something a little more light hearted now.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Second time reading Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep. So many sub-plots not in the movie.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 23, 2024, 01:48:27 PMSecond time reading Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep. So many sub-plots not in the movie.
Do you prefer one or the other? I found I liked the book a lot more.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Recently finished book 2, 3 and 4 from The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe which is probably the weirdest stuff I've ever read from sci-fi/fantasy genre.

The Claw of the Conciliator
The Sword of the Lictor
The Citadel of the Autarch

Also

Count Zero by William Gibson

Reading super-slowly Dune at the moment and gonna start Piranesi by Susanna Clarke soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed