AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 54,403 times)

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

Some death's in that scene weren't even described in vivid detail. I remember reading it and it said so and so is gone. The coolest part was the upgrade exploding the hybrids

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 08, 2018, 11:32:57 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
Why would you be sad?

In my opinion:

Becouse, original 3-d act was more large-scale.

Reshoots make 3-d act less large-scale (we get a standard hunt in the forest)

I keep hoping I'm wrong.  ;) a standard hunt is all you need in a PREDATOR flick!

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 08, 2018, 11:45:02 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 07, 2018, 11:42:52 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Jul 07, 2018, 08:46:40 PM
Honestly, it's time to start adapting some of the comics. Just Watchmen style, translating the page to the screen, because whenever writers and directors put their own spin on things, we end up with Predators hunting Aliens in Antarctica, Predator 1 in space, and two outings of the Predator running through the american suburbs.

But what would be the point then ? Cinema is a totally different media, better use those differences to create something interesting rather than copy/paste.

Because they already had 3 tries to make something different and interesting. All the Movies either failed to live up to expectations or just crapped all over the regular Predator, by introducing Hollywood's bigger is better mentality. Now we are on attempt number 4, which could turn out to either be great or disappointing like the other ones. The jury is still out on that one. But it doesn't look promising. 

So after 2 bad AvP Movies set on earth, a Movie that sets the first Predator in space and a 4th Movie that before re-shoots had the potential to ruin the Predator franchise entirely, and after the re-shoots now potentially looks like Predators 2.0, I'd love to have at least 1 good comic adaptation. And if that one is well received, maybe they could try to expand things with new Movies from there.

Or you know, wait another 10 years and pull a Halloween, ignoring all Movies that came after the 1st (and 2nd one).

Actually AVP was greatly influenced by comics.

Xerxész

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 08, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
It was awful. Really bad.

You think that a military part and a well choregraphed APC chase is awful in a Predator movie?
For example I don't want a P1 film again. We got it in 1987, we got it in 2010, now it seems we get it again.

The military part was cool...also the APC scenes. And they would have been NEW elements.

Dusk

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 08, 2018, 12:29:33 PM

I know. And we ended up with Predators hunting Aliens inside a Pyramid, in Antarctica. They tried to make something new and interesting with the premise of the original comics and failed miserably.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 08, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 08, 2018, 12:29:33 PM

I know. And we ended up with Predators hunting Aliens inside a Pyramid, in Antarctica. They tried to make something new and interesting with the premise of the original comics and failed miserably.

I just said that i don't want any comic book stuff influenced movie lol. So we agree.

ace3g

ace3g

Sucks they couldn't reintegrate the "friendly" preds and the APCs into the reshoots.  Always thought it would be cool doing battles with Predators in a car chase scene.

When it comes to massive reshoots like this, I wish they would include both cuts on the blu-ray. 

426Buddy

I would have been happy to see the two friendlies stay as long as they were given more to do. I have no issue with a couple preds being stranded on earth without access to their own tech. Would make sense for them to collect any human tech that might give them at least some advantage.

But like i said i didnt want them to just be introduced and killed immediatly. If they couldnt make them more important or memorable then cutting them is the best option.

yautjapet

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 08, 2018, 03:10:54 PM
But like i said i didnt want them to just be introduced and killed immediatly. If they couldnt make them more important or memorable then cutting them is the best option.

Agreed, I think what I'm most frustrated about regarding the friendlies is the missed potential. I can't imagine how mad I would've been, going in knowing there would be two more predators after Captive's death, getting excited when we see them, and then boom they're gone after not being used at all.

426Buddy

Still no info on why Shane Black's twitter was deleted?

Dusk

Dusk

I hope it wasn't because fans were beings dicks. That's the part I hate about any fanbase, the need to attack people because they disagree with their decisions. From everything I read so far, I quite honestly hate all the ideas that made it into the script. I still hate the idea of the hybrid. Not once did it enter my mind to go to twitter and rant to Shane Black about the script he wrote.

Tetsujin

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jul 08, 2018, 11:51:23 AMa standard hunt is all you need in a PREDATOR flick!

I saw this in the first movie (and Predators). This is self-repetition.

I was hoping to see something new, but now it won't happen.  :-[

Master

I just would be glad if in next instalments Predator was actual star of it's own film.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Master on Jul 08, 2018, 04:51:10 PM
I just would be glad if in next instalments Predator was actual star of it's own film.
Overexposure is one of the things that would ruin the franchise IMO.

Wweyland

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 08, 2018, 03:36:52 PM
Still no info on why Shane Black's twitter was deleted?
So that's why my retweets disappeared.

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 08, 2018, 05:16:07 PM
Quote from: Master on Jul 08, 2018, 04:51:10 PM
Overexposure is one of the things that would ruin the franchise IMO.

I have to agree with this. As cool as it would be to see a day in the life of a predator, it's the mystery and the lack of seeing the creature that makes movies like Jaws, Predator and Alien as frightening and effective as they are. Seeing the main attraction all the time can ideed work for some franchises. Like the transformers, which should never have taken place on earth and featured a bunch of human characters. It should've been a digital film set on Cybertron.

If you focus too much on the predator, there's nothing to fear. He's the predator. And when you start taking the fear out of the creatures, you have to add in bigger meaner ones like Big Chad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed