Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,203 times)

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: Zephon on Feb 10, 2010, 12:16:44 AM
The only thing that kills atmosphere is that cursed PERSECUTION crap... omfg. I can be on a 15+ kill streak and then my first death is because some random wanker can see the skull above my head on the other side of the bloody map.

True, but at least that's Multiplayer only. The Xenomorph vision thing will be seen in the Alien's singleplayer campaign too. :\

X 8)

The_Silencer

The only thing that kills atmosphere is that cursed PERSECUTION crap... omfg. I can be on a 15+ kill streak and then my first death is because some random wanker can see the skull above my head on the other side of the bloody map.

What?!. you mean everybody sees the yellow ( or was white?) skull during the match?.

Can't believe it but if is that so then...

This must absolutely be a personal thing between persecutor and persecuted only.

richer

richer

Naw, the whole bullseye on your head if your the persecutor separates the boys from the men, if you can get more than an 8 kill streak with that thing on then you really do rule.

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: The_Silencer on Feb 10, 2010, 12:37:48 AM

What?!. you mean everybody sees the yellow ( or was white?) skull during the match?.

Can't believe it but if is that so then...

This must absolutely be a personal thing between persecutor and persecuted only.

No no only the person you persecuted can see it. But it's still damned annoying.

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: richer on Feb 10, 2010, 01:20:57 AM
Naw, the whole bullseye on your head if your the persecutor separates the boys from the men, if you can get more than an 8 kill streak with that thing on then you really do rule.

It's a neat idea but i wish it didn't hinder the alien so much.  If i get the mark as a marine i could care less, it doesn't change the way i play.

Inverse Effect

I think actuly its 6 marines 6 aliens and 3 predators

VEF214

VEF214

Acid blood needs to do more damage to Marines and Predators. I don't even bother avoiding it, it causes so little harm.

The_Silencer

Acid blood currently does more damage to marines than Predators. Well.. we the predators wear some of extra lex gear against that. If the numbers are exaggerated then I do share your point, if not then, is Ok as it is in the demo.

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: The_Silencer on Feb 10, 2010, 06:01:29 PM
Acid blood currently does more damage to marines than Predators. Well.. we the predators wear some of extra lex gear against that. If the numbers are exaggerated then I do share your point, if not then, is Ok as it is in the demo.

If you kill an Alien, run over to its corpse, and then stand there as a marine it only damages about half of a single health bar. Potentially is should take out an entire health bar along with 1/3 of the next one I think, but the damage should drain health, not make it jump.

predalien27

Well, if you were in an intense battle with an Alien as a marine and you have a little sliver of health left and you kill the Alien with with it in your face, the acid will kill you.  It happened to me more than I would have liked.  >:(   But that's good! That is how it should be.

The_Silencer

Happened to me too. And I've to admit on that was pretty fair, IMO.

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

For anyone wondering about the Alien HUD issues - it looks like they ARE FIXED in the full game.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=28995.msg633926#msg633926

X 8)

Steve C

Steve C

I've definitely been having issues using meele as an alien against a predator.  If they manage to hit me even with a light attack, I'm basically screwed because I get knocked my ass and they just keep stabbing me.  Predators seem to hit harder (i.e. knocked on my ass) and faster, as well as recover faster from meele strikes.  Now, being the avid predator player that I am, this doesn't bother me unless I'm playing as the bug (which is more and more frequent, it's a lot of fun).

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around that in a 1 on 1 meele fight?

Humberto

Humberto

In AVP2 the predator had a pretty well balanced Health/Energy balance. The predator stabbed himself with the healing sticks, and when his power went low, used the staff thing to bring his back up. Also had very nice weapons like net gun, spear gun, red laser disk... But it was also posible to COUNTER all the predators weapons, I have evaded the disk, nets, and spear guns many of times, even when using the staff thing to bring his energy up, I have caught many of predators.

In Sega AVP, the predators weapons are not "cool" anymore. Sure, hes got the weird bouncing disk, and a spear stick that he shoots, that you cant even duck from.the mines are extreamly LAME.... But none of these weapons have created any kind of buzz in the community. The predator is now stale, and is to much of a "melee monster". Are most of your kills done by using "cool weapons" or just by doing melee attacks? I find 95% of my kills I am doing with melee, while in AVP2 melee kills were done by very skilled players.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I do find that the majority of my kills are melee with the predator. But I still thoroughly enjoy using the ranged weapons. Especially the shoulder canon.

The only weapon I'd care to see that isn't already in the game is the net gun. That, the disc and the canon are the three cool ones in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed