Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,125 times)

Kurai

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 03, 2016, 03:14:31 PM
Does anyone get the impression that Zula and Davis are going to be the ones that pick up Amanda at the end of Isolation ?

Personally I hope not, but for the reason being that it may make an Isolation sequel decanonize Defiance. However, it could be cool if this is all an actual prequel to an Isolation 2 based more along the lines of Aliens where you play as Hendricks, that could be epic.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kurai on Sep 10, 2016, 10:47:52 PMPersonally I hope not, but for the reason being that it may make an Isolation sequel decanonize Defiance.

By all accounts, we won't be getting an Isolation sequel. If that's the case, I'd love to see the story picked up in comic form.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 11, 2016, 12:35:47 PM
Quote from: Kurai on Sep 10, 2016, 10:47:52 PMPersonally I hope not, but for the reason being that it may make an Isolation sequel decanonize Defiance.

By all accounts, we won't be getting an Isolation sequel. If that's the case, I'd love to see the story picked up in comic form.

Hopefully this part of Fox's bigger collective strategy for the Alien universe - aligning the EU to compliment the films, games, etc. I like the idea that they are overseeing all content now so we have a far more aligned canon universe like Star Wars (well lets not speak about the now redundant EU in that universe).

Nostromo

Quote from: Prez on Sep 11, 2016, 11:51:15 PM

Hopefully this part of Fox's bigger collective strategy for the Alien universe - aligning the EU to compliment the films, games, etc. I like the idea that they are overseeing all content now so we have a far more aligned canon universe like Star Wars (well lets not speak about the now redundant EU in that universe).

Xenomrph

Absolutely seconding this. I'd love a true video game sequel to Isolation, but if that's completely off the table, I think Dark Horse should do a comic book follow-up.

Nostromo

HuDaFuK

Tristan better watch he doesn't get sued by Gearbox for ripping off their guns :P

Man would that be f*cking ironic...

Corporal Hicks

Fox owns the designs anyway.  :P I'm still hoping to see that shotgun concept from AvP1!

f**king gorgeous as per.

Nostromo

Love the way he draws the Aliens, especially their jaws. They are kind of closed usually, with the classic grin, compared to some that draw them always fully opened and attacking like a regular animal. Love the smooth top too. He knows his stuff.

Whiskeybrewer

Think I'm gonna need a cold shower lmao  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Tristan is the first artist since Denis B to get the Xeno's anatomically perfect.

He simply just nails it!

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 13, 2016, 03:52:00 PMcompared to some that draw them always fully opened and attacking like a regular animal.
"Xenomorphs are no more intelligent than squirrels."

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: g2vd on Sep 14, 2016, 01:53:41 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 13, 2016, 03:52:00 PMcompared to some that draw them always fully opened and attacking like a regular animal.
"Xenomorphs are no more intelligent than squirrels."

Aw, nuts!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The solicitation for #8, out on December 28:
Spoiler

QuoteAliens: Defiance #8

Brian Wood (W), Tristan Jones (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Massimo Carnevale (Cover)

On sale Dec 28

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Ongoing

Keeping a baby xenomorph alive, even in a frozen state, contradicts all the survival instincts that Zula and Hollis have. But by studying the alien in cryostasis, Davis believes he can discover how to exterminate it and the rest of its forsaken, vile race permanently. Is he dooming the mission in the name of science?

I wonder of that's the planet we see them crashing on in Extravehicular? I doubt it's LV-223!  :laugh:
[close]

Also, DH has a short preview of #5. It's good to have Tristan back! Beware of spoilers.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/29-854?page=0

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 15, 2016, 10:55:31 PM
The solicitation for #8, out on December 28:
Spoiler

QuoteAliens: Defiance #8

Brian Wood (W), Tristan Jones (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Massimo Carnevale (Cover)

On sale Dec 28

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Ongoing

Keeping a baby xenomorph alive, even in a frozen state, contradicts all the survival instincts that Zula and Hollis have. But by studying the alien in cryostasis, Davis believes he can discover how to exterminate it and the rest of its forsaken, vile race permanently. Is he dooming the mission in the name of science?

I wonder of that's the planet we see them crashing on in Extravehicular? I doubt it's LV-223!  :laugh:
[close]

Also, DH has a short preview of #5. It's good to have Tristan back! Beware of spoilers.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/29-854?page=0

Nice cover for #8. And that preview got me wet...Fuel Depot...this guy must have played AVP 2 map packs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed