The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 466,224 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenodog on May 13, 2014, 09:31:23 AM
I'm not sure about Ramsay being a bit of a brute in fights...was ever in a big battle in the books?

We don't see him fight in the books but we're told he fights "like a butcher", he leaps in without thought and hacks away. Not a refined fighter by any means but certainly mad, with no thought for the consequences, whether they be injury or death. I thought the scene caught that perfectly. Ramsay seems the type to be hacked to death whilst laughing.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Vertigo on May 13, 2014, 11:41:09 AM
Bronn already established in the first season that armour slows you down, so the lack of it doesn't in itself break plausibility. We already know Evil Frodo thinks a little differently to everyone else.

What doesn't sit very well with me is how someone with no notable history in battle or particular training privilege would be a Darth Sidious-like swordsman. Or that such a mean-spirited little creature with rampant inadequacy issues would be able to inspire more than a half-hearted grunt in the bedroom department. And how exactly did he explain the slaughter of a patrol of his own men last season? There's a lot about that guy that makes me scratch my head.

Ramsay in the show is practically a different character;  book Ramsay wouldn't be having sex with any girl...not like that anyway. He sees them as bags of meat to play with and not human beings. It's what makes him particularly repugnant at a level beyond even Joffrey.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 13, 2014, 01:03:12 PM
Ramsay in the show is practically a different character;  book Ramsay wouldn't be having sex with any girl...not like that anyway. He sees them as bags of meat to play with and not human beings. It's what makes him particularly repugnant at a level beyond even Joffrey.

Spoiler
To be fair, while the show was kind of vague about it, I was actually thinking that the blood all over him might have come from the girl, like he killed her or mutilated her or something.
[close]

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 13, 2014, 01:15:53 PM

Spoiler
To be fair, while the show was kind of vague about it, I was actually thinking that the blood all over him might have come from the girl, like he killed her or mutilated her or something.
[close]

Spoiler
I've been expecting that to happen this season, but I think that blood was just from Iron Born he killed. Guess we'll see if she is still around in later episodes.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Vertigo on May 13, 2014, 11:41:09 AM
Bronn already established in the first season that armour slows you down, so the lack of it doesn't in itself break plausibility. We already know Evil Frodo thinks a little differently to everyone else.

What doesn't sit very well with me is how someone with no notable history in battle or particular training privilege would be a Darth Sidious-like swordsman. Or that such a mean-spirited little creature with rampant inadequacy issues would be able to inspire more than a half-hearted grunt in the bedroom department. And how exactly did he explain the slaughter of a patrol of his own men last season? There's a lot about that guy that makes me scratch my head.

I don't think it's much of a secret that she's just another plaything. He's not simply a physical torturer, but a mental one too. He'll juice her up and destroy her when she feels closest to him and when he's most bored with her being intact.

Spoiler
I wonder if she'll share the fate of Donella Hornwood, having eaten her own fingers...
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Another thing I liked in this episode; the angles they used to film Tywin on the throne. Joffrey was just dwarfed by it. Tywin wasn't and looked like he was meant to sit there.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Let's just give Peter Dinklage all the acting awards ever and be done with it.

Damn good episode.

Daenerys is finally having "problems" in her path. Good. Her story has become interesting again.

Shasvre

Shasvre

One thing that kind of bothered me about this episode was how Tywin commanded Mace Tyrell to fetch him quill and paper. They mentioned multiple times how the Lannisters are in need of the Tyrells, so even when seeing Mace as an "oaf", I would think Tywin is smarten than showing such a lack of respect. Even Cersei didn't want to insult him in the books, if I remember correctly.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 13, 2014, 02:20:04 PM
Daenerys is finally having "problems" in her path. Good. Her story has become interesting again.

Just my opinion, but I think they really need to merge her story line directly with the rest of what's going on in Westeros, even if that means making adjustments to what's going down in the books. For 3-4 seasons now, she's had her own thing going on and I think her arc is getting very repetitive, especially when I'll sit down and re-watch seasons 1-4 some day. She's been raising dragons, freeing slaves and assembling a force of believers now for 2-3 seasons.

We get it, lady.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Book Spoils
Spoiler
Your going to get more of the same.
[close]

Eva

Eva

Yeah, I sorta know... oh well...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, yeah, but (book spoilers)
Spoiler
more players from Westeros are soon going to be headed to her.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I actually don't mind the fact that she chooses to lead, it just feels that it could've been earlier in the progression of her character OR they could've simply dropped some Dany chapters in favor of overseas reports like you get with other characters when they are dropped for awhile.

Effectz

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Effectz on May 14, 2014, 04:04:01 PM
http://www.danbarham.com/dinklage/
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blew coffee out the nose.

This is beyond funny because I'm sure millions of people do this. I DO THIS with just saying 'game of thrones' to the tune of the show lol. "♫ Game of thro-ones ♪♫ game of thro-ones ♪"  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed