The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 468,929 times)

Effectz

Effectz

Wasn't expecting that ending at all.

Spoiler
Thought Locke was going to slash Jamie's eye or something then Bam!After a pretty bloodless episode it was quite shocking.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 16, 2013, 02:08:09 AMPoor Jaime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXRjc00HvcU#ws
[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
He actually gets a new hand made out of gold later on.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Haha. Awesome. :laugh:

m41guy

m41guy

I'm another who didn't like the version of "the Bear and the Maiden Fair" after cutting to the credits.  I figured it would have been a more somber ending with what it means for Jaime, essentially losing any bit of value(to him) that he had.  He can't inhereit Casterly Rock, he has no skill with his left hand for a sword, his entire claim to glory(ok, aside from his name), was his fighting ability and it was just taken away from him...I know I'm rambling but I just figured the music would have more impact as it usually does after significant events.

50+ minutes is not enough time  :laugh:  I always say "no, not yet" and I'm always watching the clock...this is the first time I've had to watch it weekly and I admit it drives me nuts I can't just hit "next" on my dvd remote.

My wife, who is not a book reader looked at me when the credits started and said, "Damn, I don't like him but OMG! I can't believe they cut off his HAND!"  :laugh:  ....oh yeah well just you wait.... :laugh:

Looking forward to Dynaerys paying for the Unsullied, I thought we were going to get that with this episode but nope,
Spoiler
I do think they gave away to Missandei that she did understand the Slavers the whole time.  I'm hoping to see her say something about it too before "Dracharys".
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

omfg just cancel this already.

First Blood

First Blood

They should cancel you instead.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 20, 2013, 10:46:34 PM
omfg just cancel this already.

It just keeps getting more and more popular.

Marinate on that, aspie.

:laugh:

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Episode 4 tonight is going to be so f**king good! :D

First Blood

First Blood

Indeed it was.

Spoiler
Lord Commander. :'(
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

This episode, man. This f**king episode. Ah, man, it was fantastic. Every scene was great. Next week's gonna be good.

Spoiler

Welcome back.
[close]

EEV2650

EEV2650

^ Who is that again?

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

The entire Daenerys scene was perfect.

Spoiler
When she started speaking Valyrian I got chills. Especially when you think about how Daenerys knew everything that Krazyns was saying. And when she throws the whip into the ground...I got goosebumps. Anybody else thing when she was telling the Unsullied to attack she sounded like Drogo?
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

This shit's gone all-out amazing.

Spoiler
Sympathy for Theon and Jaime, Daenerys becoming one of the most cunning, powerful, and influential people in Westeros, the Night's Watch falling apart completely, Joffrey finally facing his peasants... how did we get here?!

Shit is going down.

RIP Jeor Mormont.  :'(
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 22, 2013, 07:32:33 AM
This shit's gone all-out amazing.

Spoiler
Sympathy for Theon and Jaime, Daenerys becoming one of the most cunning, powerful, and influential people in Westeros, the Night's Watch falling apart completely, Joffrey finally facing his peasants... how did we get here?!

Shit is going down.

RIP Jeor Mormont.  :'(
[close]

Spoiler
When Theon said, "my real father lost his head in King's Landing" - I found that to be a really sad moment.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed