Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 493,902 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Season 4 of the Expanse starts December 2019.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ta.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Finished SAFE on Netflix. Not bad!  It's nothing groundbreaking but it certainly isn't boring.

Baron Von Marlon

The Boys, episodes 3-5
I'm really liking this.
And there's this guy who looks like a mix of Bradley Cooper and Fassbender and reminds me a little of David.

Kradan

Kradan

The Kids Are Alright.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 01, 2019, 03:00:06 AM
The Boys, episodes 3-5
I'm really liking this.
And there's this guy who looks like a mix of Bradley Cooper and Fassbender and reminds me a little of David.

Nice to hear.

I loved the comic book series and will check the series out in the near future.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6 Episodes 17&18

Baron Von Marlon

The Boys, rest of the season
Looking forward to the next one.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 31, 2019, 06:04:51 PM
Season 4 of the Expanse starts December 2019.

Hype.

Love Death + Robots

Finally got around to watching this. When it dropped I was frantically busy and perpetually exhausted, and I knew I couldn't give it the energy and attention it looked to deserve at that time. I was right, and I'm so glad I waited for just the right moment to sit down with the series.

9.5/10

Nightmare Asylum

LD+R is the main reason why I'm genuinely looking forward to the new Terminator.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Preacher returns this Sunday. With a two hour premiere. 8)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 02, 2019, 07:51:31 PM

Love Death + Robots

Finally got around to watching this. When it dropped I was frantically busy and perpetually exhausted, and I knew I couldn't give it the energy and attention it looked to deserve at that time. I was right, and I'm so glad I waited for just the right moment to sit down with the series.

9.5/10

Couple of good episodes but I find it overrated in general.
Lots of unnecessary and misplaced swearing. Same for most sex scenes.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 02, 2019, 11:36:51 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 02, 2019, 07:51:31 PM

Love Death + Robots

9.5/10

Couple of good episodes but I find it overrated in general.
Lots of unnecessary and misplaced swearing. Same for most sex scenes.

Strongly disagree. I only felt let down by one episode, and only felt the sex was gratuitous in one other, even if it had a point of building to something else. Most of the nudity, sex and swearing is just aesthetic choice rather than plot, and if you don't like that choice, that's fine.

But personally I think you might be being a tad precious in writing so much of it off because of some cgi tits and a bit of cursing.
A lot of people feel Alien 3 has too much swearing too, but it's pretty much spot on for actual hardened criminals. There's definitely a time and a place for such content, and LD+R generally nails it.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 03, 2019, 10:21:19 PMMost of the nudity, sex and swearing is just aesthetic choice rather than plot, and if you don't like that choice, that's fine.

This is the case. I found most of it was just added for shock value.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 03, 2019, 10:21:19 PM
But personally I think you might be being a tad precious in writing so much of it off because of some cgi tits and a bit of cursing.
A lot of people feel Alien 3 has too much swearing too, but it's pretty much spot on for actual hardened criminals. There's definitely a time and a place for such content, and LD+R generally nails it.

It's not only because of those points. I just wasn't that impressed by most segments concept and story wise.

Don't know about Alien 3. Been a while since I watched it. Not planning on doing it again any time soon.

Huggs

Huggs

Penny Dreadful: Season one

So-so. The ideas recycled for covenant are a bit on the nose. PROTEUS pouring the tea for his creator, the "you've a light step" line, and so on and on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed