Just 'Aliens Vs Predator', no '3'

Started by War Wager, Apr 26, 2009, 09:21:09 PM

Author
Just 'Aliens Vs Predator', no '3' (Read 9,264 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Kind of nitpicking here, but throughout every magazine theres been no mention that this is even connected to the previous games. Yeah, this is Rebellion's third AvP game, but it won't be called that. Calling it AvP3 would probably make it look like it's an interactive sequel to AvP Requiem.

:-\

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 26, 2009, 09:21:09 PM
Kind of nitpicking here, but throughout every magazine theres been no mention that this is even connected to the previous games. Yeah, this is Rebellion's third AvP game, but it won't be called that. Calling it AvP3 would probably make it look like it's an interactive sequel to AvP Requiem.

So? If the game's good, who cares what people think it's related to.

Private W Hudson

Speaking of relating to the past games "avp2" i wonder if Harrison will make a apperance

Private Hudson

AvP 2 was connected to AvP Gold Edition? :D

DoomRulz

Not seeing the connection. If the link isn't officially made, then it's a stand alone game.

Corporal Hicks

It's just the general assumption since it following a series of AvP FPS. And AvP2 loosely followed the marine campaign from GE in that LV1207(was that the number?) was a planet found due to the derelect - I think. Am I making this up?

Chris!(($$))!

Actually they said the game would be like the original 2 PC games only better so a 3 is needed.

Deathbearer

Calling it AvP3 would probably make it look like it's an interactive sequel to AvP Requiem.

I think most people are a little bit smarter than you're giving them credit for :-\ Who the hell would get THAT idea?

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Deathbearer on Apr 27, 2009, 02:33:34 PM
I think most people are a little bit smarter than you're giving them credit for :-\ Who the hell would get THAT idea?
YAH! Who even calls them AvP and AvPR
Its obviously
Asses Versus Pussy
Asses Versus Pussy: RAPE
Thats pretty much what they gave us an ASS TO THE FACE.

DoomRulz

Your deductive reasoning skills are momentous.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The first two games cameout like over 8 years ago and I doubt most people would remember them. I believe this game is a reboot then a direct sequel.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2009, 09:40:46 AM
It's just the general assumption since it following a series of AvP FPS. And AvP2 loosely followed the marine campaign from GE in that LV1207(was that the number?) was a planet found due to the derelect - I think. Am I making this up?

Yes.

The two are completely unconnected.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kaworu on Apr 28, 2009, 03:31:19 AM
The first two games cameout like over 8 years ago and I doubt most people would remember them. I believe this game is a reboot then a direct sequel.

It's neither. It is a standalone game, but is the third in a series.

Chris!(($$))!

Exactly. THat what I was trying say. Just imagine they had titles like HYNA but the originals were still ALIEN, ALIENS, PREDATOR. The Movies were AvP but the games were HYNA.

Deathbearer

Dude what the hell is a HYNA and what are you babbling about? Please, just use one or two coherent sentences explaining what you mean instead of using metaphors {if you want to call them that}

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed