The Recess Thread - It's Nothing Personal

Started by Huggs, Jan 06, 2019, 05:32:54 AM

Author
The Recess Thread - It's Nothing Personal (Read 240,221 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 12:56:42 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 22, 2019, 12:50:57 AM
I've seen lots of hawks. Can't remember the last time I've seen a bald eagle.

If you're driving in the right spot at twilight, you'll see clouds of bats.

The bats keep the moths under control here. You can sit on your porch and just watch them zip all over the yard chasing bugs. They get in people's hair a lot.  :laugh:

Of course sometimes its just a big lunamoth, but people still swear it was a bat that landed on them.

When we go down to Florida, all we hear are tree frogs and peacocks. I sleep better to an ambience. Even the planes coming in and out of Reagan International when we visit in D.C. lulled me off.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 22, 2019, 01:13:37 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 12:56:42 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 22, 2019, 12:50:57 AM
I've seen lots of hawks. Can't remember the last time I've seen a bald eagle.

If you're driving in the right spot at twilight, you'll see clouds of bats.

The bats keep the moths under control here. You can sit on your porch and just watch them zip all over the yard chasing bugs. They get in people's hair a lot.  :laugh:

Of course sometimes its just a big lunamoth, but people still swear it was a bat that landed on them.

When we go down to Florida, all we hear are tree frogs and peacocks. I sleep better to an ambience. Even the planes coming in and out of Reagan International when we visit in D.C. lulled me off.

Same here. But it's mostly just the wind and the barges going down the river. Owls and coyotes. A train or an ambulance every now and then. The planes and helicopters are constantly flying. when they start firing the tanks it rocks the house. The cicadas can go non-stop here. When the 13 year cicadas emerged, it drove people insane.

TheSailingRabbit

Today just feels like one of those days where everyone else is playing on the playground, and I'm way off in the corner of the yard doing my own thing. I'm OK with that, but I also wish someone else would come over.

Not sure if it's a good thing to feel that way.

Huggs

Huggs

We're here.

Voodoo got yelled at by Hicks.

Probably because he voted for Hudson.  ;)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 08:45:14 PM
We're here.

He hasn't yelled at me, and I voted for Hudson.

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 22, 2019, 08:51:43 PM
We're here.

Only bad people yell at bunnies.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 08:55:44 PM
We're here.

True.

I could flip my shit on someone and Hicks wouldn't yell at me (I won't, not unless I get pushed).

Huggs

What about a slight nudge?

TheSailingRabbit

Huggs

I was worried my voting for hicks might prove upsetting.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 22, 2019, 08:43:03 PM
Today just feels like one of those days where everyone else is playing on the playground, and I'm way off in the corner of the yard doing my own thing. I'm OK with that, but I also wish someone else would come over.

How about leaving your corner and joining the others?

You say you're ok with doing your own thing but you also wish someone would come over. To me that sounds like you're not ok with it.
Maybe you should try making the first move instead of waiting for others to approach you.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 09:20:46 PM
I was worried my voting for hicks might prove upsetting.

lol, no. I have enough space in my heart for all the Marines.

Some take up more space than others, but no one gets left behind.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 22, 2019, 09:22:51 PM

You say you're ok with doing your own thing but you also wish someone would come over. To me that sounds like you're not ok with it.
Maybe you should try making the first move instead of waiting for others to approach you.

It really depends on the day.

I don't like making the first move. Maybe it's bad past experience, or something else, but I don't like it. Every time I jump in, I might regret it two seconds later, thinking, "That's stupid. That was too random. I should stop."

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 22, 2019, 09:22:51 PM

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 08:55:44 PM
We're here.

What about Teddy Bears?

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 22, 2019, 09:02:48 PM
True.

I could flip my shit on someone and Hicks wouldn't yell at me (I won't, not unless I get pushed).

Wow, what does that feel like?? I think sometimes you, Huggsy and Local all have favor with the warden, but not Bad Voodoo. I think I have to start doing Hick's taxes like in Shawshank!

TheSailingRabbit

If Hicks is the warden, who's his Captain Hadley?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed