The blue liquid

Started by SlappyMCnasty, Nov 07, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Author
The blue liquid (Read 51,698 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Wolfs Girl on Nov 08, 2007, 08:08:49 AM
What the stuff could be like quicklime (what kind of acid is that) used in some film to dissolve a body to get rid of the evidence.
The Predators probably got the stuff from the Aliens home world to do the same job, or it could be some kind of genetically engineered substance they discovered that can act with the aliens acid blood, or body fluids to make some kind of reaction that ends up destroying the Aliens whole genetic makeup completely..
Who's to know what kind of substances back on both Aliens homeoworld that is totally different to anything found here on Earth.

Possibly the only sense making post that I have read from you.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 08, 2007, 07:31:01 AM
Hey you can't diss Freddy vs Jason, it aknowledged from the begining exactly what kind of film it was and never tried to be anything more... pure popcorn cheese?  Yes but immensely enjoyable with a few friends and a load of beers. ;)

Can be very entertaining, yes. :) I like that film, because it's precisely what it was meant to be.

That said, I think the Briggs 'Freddy Versus Jason' script had some very interesting points which could have made it into more mature, but considering the source material, that was never particularly vital.

QuoteI now fully expect AVP-R to be the same boat as Freddy vs Jason.  I'm pretty sure I'll sit around with the guys and we'll make crude remarks about tits and arse, laugh at stuff that isn't supposed to be funny, shout "OWNED" every time an alien dies and high-five eachother as we bask in the sheer badassary of Wolf. 

Of course as entertaining as that may be, it's not what any of us will really want.

I'm taking the same view. If I go to see it, I'll probably just take the view of it being a generic monster film.

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 08, 2007, 07:43:14 AM
An AVP-R drinking game would be lethal;

Take a drink whenever Wolf does something "Badass" or "Awesome"
Take a drink whenever an alien dies effortlessly
Take a drink whenever someone laughs involuntarily at the predalien design

You'd be dead before you got half way through the movie.

See! Said it could happen! :)

Highland

Highland

I'm finding this thread the funniest in a while, People are having Panic attacks over a Blue liquid.

When clearly an alien that can turn a man into a Egg and birth a face hugger is way past anything this movie has ever done, and way past being believable if you ask me. It was good because it was ALIEN, thats what these things are ALIEN! Earth bound explinations have no worth here. If they do, you have to apply it to the original movies also.

Short memory's? or another excuse to slag off AVPR? Probably a combination of both.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Now that Colin's revised it to something extremely ambiguous, I've got no problem with it, but maintain the gun could have been used for precisely the same thing. :)

Rhaw

Rhaw

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 06:17:48 PMThey can't be composed of acid because acid is a liquid. Aliens are clearly not made out of liquid. :)
Humans are 60%+ made up of water.
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 06:17:48 PMWhich leaves an awful lot which isn't.
What did you say, "Aliens are clearly not made out of liquid." My very valid point is you are made out of liquid and a majority of your body is in fact water. Not that water is all that is there surly not, but you are made out of liquid even though it isn't easily observable.

You said, "They can't be composed of acid because acid is a liquid." Water is in every living cell in your body. I don't think it's far of stretch that acid or whatever they have as a base of thier biology is in every living cell in their body.
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 08, 2007, 01:51:09 PMNow that Colin's revised it to something extremely ambiguous, I've got no problem with it, but maintain the gun could have been used for precisely the same thing. :)
Ok you go and rip off Star Trek for your vaporizing plasma ray and let them rip of Blade for their blue liquid idea. Do you even know how much energy it would take to vaporize a corps? I'm not saying that it is a bad idea, but it definitely isn't anymore original or any less full of it.
::)

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Well, in the first AVP, Scar used a special type of knife that the alien's blood couldn't burn through, to gut it to make some weapons for lex, so if the Predators were intelligent enough to make that, and guessing that they did millions of experiments on their homeworld, why couldn't they make the liquid?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Rhaw on Nov 08, 2007, 02:08:41 PM
What did you say, "Aliens are clearly not made out of liquid." My very valid point is you are made out of liquid and a majority of your body is in fact water. Not that water is all that is there surly not, but you are made out of liquid even though it isn't easily observable.

Which does not refute my own point: An awful lot of the body is not water. You could get rid of all the fluid in my body and I would look like an Egyptian mummified corpse.

My body would not vanish. :)

QuoteYou said, "They can't be composed of acid because acid is a liquid." Water is in every living cell in your body. I don't think it's far of stretch that acid or whatever they have as a base of thier biology is in every living cell in their body.

But they are not made up of pure acid. A substance like it just happens to circulate through them.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 08, 2007, 01:51:09 PM
Now that Colin's revised it to something extremely ambiguous, I've got no problem with it, but maintain the gun could have been used for precisely the same thing. :)

Ok you go and rip off Star Trek for your vaporizing plasma ray and let them rip of Blade for their blue liquid idea. Do you even know how much energy it would take to vaporize a corps? I'm not saying that it is a bad idea, but it definitely isn't anymore original or any less full of it.
::)

It's not ripping off 'Star Trek'. It's using what Predators already have. All it would take would be a much larger 'bolt'. We know it's super-heated and if it's hot enough to be able to inflict damage on an Alien, then enough of it should also able to incinerate them.

I used the 'Blade 2' reference, because the main villain in that basically dissolved at the conclusion in a blue light.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 08, 2007, 02:11:40 PM
Well, in the first AVP, Scar used a special type of knife that the alien's blood couldn't burn through, to gut it to make some weapons for lex, so if the Predators were intelligent enough to make that, and guessing that they did millions of experiments on their homeworld, why couldn't they make the liquid?

Dont get him xeno started up again, They probably didnt do any experiments, a ship crashed on pred land when they were sitting in caves and all the stuff fit them perfectly, so they figured out how to use it then flew off into the sunset in their new Ford Cruiser to hunt some aliens.......THE END  :D

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

That would be awesome. Totally hilarious!!! I see a Spaceballs sequel...

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Ya, of all the things to get worked up about, people complain about some chemical that the Predator carries around that reacts negatively to Aliens. Seriously, this isn't real life and people are treating as if it has to be explained. Never mind the film has science fiction creatures running around and doing impossible stuff already. I don't find it hard to believe that the Predator species created a substance that reacts violently when in contact with Aliens. Obviously in hunting them, the Predators learned a lot about their biology and created artificial methods of containment, in case of situations exactly like this.

holdtheline

holdtheline

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 08, 2007, 02:47:30 PM
Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 08, 2007, 02:11:40 PM

Dont get him xeno started up again, They probably didnt do any experiments, a ship crashed on pred land when they were sitting in caves and all the stuff fit them perfectly, so they figured out how to use it then flew off into the sunset in their new Ford Cruiser to hunt some aliens.......THE END  :D

haha..

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Hey, they're perfectly capable of any science they want now. The masks let them see all sorts of vision modes and magnify.

The only thing I've ever said is that we don't know how they got kick-started on the more advanced technology, that's all. :)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 08, 2007, 04:44:37 PM

Hey, they're perfectly capable of any science they want now. The masks let them see all sorts of vision modes and magnify.

The only thing I've ever said is that we don't know how they got kick-started on the more technology, that's all. :)

Same could be said of Apes and cave men, now were flying space shuttles...... 

We dont know how the alien takes a sh*t, but i dont start up a debate on it...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Apes don't see purely in thermal, which is the main issue, but this is a debate taking place on a different place. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Maybe a molecular alkali?  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed