Absolutely disgusting behavior

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Jun 18, 2008, 01:12:15 AM

Author
Absolutely disgusting behavior (Read 3,927 times)

Aran

Aran

chill out mate

WisePredator

Like what I said on the topic reboot!!!: Just because Stan Winston has passed doesn't mean ADI have to stay on.

And SWStudios does have employees who have trained under him...

And on another note:
ADI - The Poor Man's Stan Winston Studios.

shakermakerman

Why do ppl slag off ADI? the Alien in Alien 3 looked great! fox wont pay them to make remoulds. read thebook its clear.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: shakermakerman on Jun 18, 2008, 06:49:54 PM
Why do ppl slag off ADI? the Alien in Alien 3 looked great! fox wont pay them to make remoulds. read thebook its clear.

I found the neck on the monster lo be ridiculous looking and the resemblance between the puppet alien and the man in the suit seemed to have a certain distance

bobcunk

bobcunk

adi can do it if they have teh budget and don cut corners buy useing old aliens molds. the alien in alien 3 looked good, and they got wolfs body right just the head needs some work. i think his head wouldv looked better if they didn't make it fully animatroninc and kept the actors real eyes, his mouth stuck out to far. fake eyes look fake even in predator 2 some of the closeup shots looked kinda off.

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Fox gives a shit about the franchize...period.

shakermakerman

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jun 18, 2008, 07:42:11 PM
Quote from: shakermakerman on Jun 18, 2008, 06:49:54 PM

I found the neck on the monster lo be ridiculous looking and the resemblance between the puppet alien and the man in the suit seemed to have a certain distance

it has to be that big to hide the actors head.

SiL

SiL

No, it doesn't.

Alien got around the problem by having the tubes that run along the side of the Alien's head go over the actor's. The neck doesn't look big and you don't get a horrible bulge because it's hidden by the "natural" shape of the head.

You only get oversized necks when the creature effects guys put the head on top of the actor's to make them look bigger.

shakermakerman

ok if you say so..

SiL

SiL

Just look at your own sig. No bulging neck on the A3 Alien there.

SM

SM

There's nowt wrong with ADI as technicians - whether you like it or not, the Newborn was a brilliant animatronic - it's just their designs can sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

SiL

SiL

And they don't really seem to care if their designs are so far removed from the original that they're closer to ripoffs than genuine successors.

SM

SM

I can appreciate they don't want to repeat themselves and want to challenge themselves to improve - but they can do that on the technical side with things like the Newborn - or even better, challenge themselves on the other films that don't f**k with what people like.  Not like they're short of work.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2008, 12:16:21 AM
There's nowt wrong with ADI as technicians - whether you like it or not, the Newborn was a brilliant animatronic - it's just their designs can sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

I'll certainly agree with that

The Demon

The Demon

What always bothered me is the tubes on the Aliens backs in AvPr. They always wiggled and it looked horrible. But I agree, the Aliens should be more like the first three instead of caring on the ressurection Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed