AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 234,439 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 19, 2013, 08:54:19 PM
To Prometheus.

The thing is, AvPR is a terrible film for a variety of reasons, and I don't think listing them would be necessary.

Prometheus has a terrible script with nice visuals and some nice creature designs, and some nice acting.
...And it f**king guns down many great ideas behind Alien; a lot of the charm I found in the original film -- now dust.

Kinda a dilemma here.

Like what? They distanced Prometheus enough from Alien that it doesn't touch much of anything. The only real links IMO are the Alien wall relief and the Engineers.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

:laugh:

Made me smile. Thanks.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Dude abides.

But seriously, I don't think Prometheus killed anything that Alien offered up. I think it might have put a new spin on things but changed entirely, I don't think so. If we had gotten the John Spaiths' script instead, I'd probably be agreeing with you though.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Alien, 1979: see that? An incomprehensible alien thing from beyond the stars! The universe is big!

Prometheus, 2012: see those? Suits for pale bald guys! So was that thing from the other movie! The universe ain't big, man.

I go more detailedly here.

And something I didn't quite say there: they're surely going for the 'bioweapon route' for what they've been implying both in the movie and behind the scenes; so the Engineers create the Alien as a bioweapon... Engineers are humans (as different to Shaw as an asian is different to an african)... making the Alien a human bioweapon. It isn't even an Alien anymore.

So much joy.

SpaceMarines

There's just as much mystery now as there was then. The mystery has simply changed.

For me, Prometheus didn't alter or lessen the impact and sheer sense of unsettling mystery in Alien. Not in the slightest.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 20, 2013, 09:02:27 PM
There's just as much mystery now as there was then. The mystery has simply changed.
And that's the thing for me. Zero interest value. Gunned it all down.

JCGAuthor

JCGAuthor

Quote from: Omegazilla on Apr 20, 2013, 04:05:13 PM
Alien, 1979: see that? An incomprehensible alien thing from beyond the stars! The universe is big!

Prometheus, 2012: see those? Suits for pale bald guys! So was that thing from the other movie! The universe ain't big, man.

I go more detailedly here.

And something I didn't quite say there: they're surely going for the 'bioweapon route' for what they've been implying both in the movie and behind the scenes; so the Engineers create the Alien as a bioweapon... Engineers are humans (as different to Shaw as an asian is different to an african)... making the Alien a human bioweapon. It isn't even an Alien anymore.

So much joy.

While I agree with your point, I did enjoy Prometheus. That said, you and I are the last people in the universe who don't want everything spelled out.

QuoteI don't want a world where the aliens show up in true form at the end of Contact (and I don't care if you do). I'm not interested in learning why the Engineers created us, then tried to destroy us, then changed their minds. I'm glad when the film doesn't tell me Deckard is a replicant. I prefer being allowed to wonder.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 20, 2013, 09:02:27 PM

For me, Prometheus didn't alter or lessen the impact and sheer sense of unsettling mystery in Alien. Not in the slightest.

I feel the same. Prometheus made it more interesting for me and I want to know more.

viendammage

I remember seeing AVP:  Requiem in theaters and being really ticked off because of how bad it was.  It ripped off all the memorable elements of every Alien and Predator movie without adding anything to either series.  I remember the characters all being pretty selfish and uninteresting and not caring, in fact, hoping, they got killed.  Then the fact that there wasn't a B story, as in, a second story line that converges with the main plot line to reach the conclusion.  It was like Aliens are here, Predators are here, ok cool kill the town, later.

xenokris

xenokris

To me I feel predator 2 was my least favorite 1. Danny glover to me just doesn't scream predator worthy opponent(Adrian Brody didn't seem like a worthy opponent but after watching Predators he actually did rise to the ocasion and I was Impressed), 2. I was not excited after I watched it, it just didn't live up to the awesomeness of the first one and #3. the setting of pred 2 just doesn't fit a predator they are hunters  (u don't go outside and a see a hunter with a rifle trying to shoot at a deer in a city do ya) I just felt that the predator was not in his element and cause of such I didn't feel any tension. This is just my opinion though thats all. :-\

StrangeShape

Quote from: xenokris on Jun 15, 2013, 10:50:14 PM
(u don't go outside and a see a hunter with a rifle trying to shoot at a deer in a city do ya) I just felt that the predator was not in his element and cause of such I didn't feel any tension. This is just my opinion though thats all. :-\

Thats different tho. Hes hunting his prey in their natural habitat. The city IS our natural habitat. Like deer hunters hunt in the woods where Deers live, like fishermen hunt for sharks in the oceans where they live, Predators hunting in a city is actually more challenging and more fitting

SM

SM

I wouldn't call it more challenging.  Just fire randomly and you'll hit someone.  And you wouldn't be hard pressed to hit someone with a gun.  More of a challenge to find some guys in a jungle (though finding those guys wouldn't be terribly hard).  But otherwise, yes a city is our natural habitat and it makes perfect sense for a Predator to hunt there.

BR1XER

BR1XER

AvP:R. That movie was downright shit, except for a few good fight scenes. The rest was just a rehash of the two series with some added teen drama.  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed