Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 84,904 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I absolutely loved the ultra-skinny Aliens in Labyrinth, they're my favorite Alien depictions in any medium. Them being super-skinny but still terrifyingly strong was really compelling.

happypred

happypred

I like long, lean xenomorphs. I do not want muscle-bound xenomorphs. I believe the aliens in Hive are the closest we've gotten to that is.

I agree that the slender build of an alien and its freakish strength are a disturbing contrast. The aliens in Labyrinth are a bit too thin IMO. I like the build in Alien and Aliens. They're still slender and gracile but not quite as skinny as those in Labyrinth 

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

A 3.5/5 star review from This is Another Castle. It has some spoilers, so I mostly just skimmed and looked at the score. It seems like the first issue picks up halfway through, so hopefully Fire and Stone's growing pains are limited to this first issue.

http://thisisanothercastle.com/2014/09/04/prometheus-fire-and-stone-1-review-rocky-start-to-an-intriguing-crossover-014yub845732/

Famous Monsters has a positive review (perhaps a bit too positive), along with an interview with Juan Ferreyra and some pretty neat, but potentially spoilerific, images.

http://famousmonsters.com/archives/14128

Spoiler

[close]

I like what I see.  :)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

CBR has the Aliens vs Predator trailer, as well as a new preview of AvP #1 that has some big spoilers about who/what the weird white mutant is.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55434

Spoiler
It's Elden.

Also, I could be reading it totally wrong, but is one of the Elden's lines ("They moved through time...") supposed to hint at the Engineers using time travel?
[close]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 11, 2014, 05:32:51 PM
Spoiler
It's Elden.

Also, I could be reading it totally wrong, but is one of the Elden's lines ("They moved through time...") supposed to hint at the Engineers using time travel?
[close]

Either two things.. Either the Engineers are very long lived to where they have been around for millenia and he's being cryptic. Or, and this is harkening back to the fan Q&A with some of the writers.. they do have some tech which might allow for that. Paul Tobin did say that they have some interesting tech which can literally open new worlds.

I'm willing to bet the former though.

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 11, 2014, 10:58:39 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 11, 2014, 05:32:51 PM
Spoiler
It's Elden.

[close]

Either two things.. Either the Engineers are very long lived to where they have been around for millenia and he's being cryptic. Or, and this is harkening back to the fan Q&A with some of the writers.. they do have some tech which might allow for that. Paul Tobin did say that they have some interesting tech which can literally open new worlds.

I'm willing to bet the former though.

It could definitely be the former, especially since I seem to recall the Furious Gods documentary having some stuff from the Spaihts draft that indicated that Engineers have something like a 10,000 year lifespan.

On the other hand, the mutant also says "I've seen things from before this, from after this..." so who knows.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 12, 2014, 12:22:54 AM
It could definitely be the former, especially since I seem to recall the Furious Gods documentary having some stuff from the Spaihts draft that indicated that Engineers have something like a 10,000 year lifespan.

Yeah but is any of that stuff in the final film? I don't think so, and given that the Spaights draft is just that.. a draft, I wouldn't think it would hold much water until more of this comic is released. I'm not picking the titles up but it wouldn't surprise me if in the comic, the Engineers are established to have long lives.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 12, 2014, 12:22:54 AM
On the other hand, the mutant also says "I've seen things from before this, from after this..." so who knows.

In that context.. That is something strange. Either the mutation which Elden is going through is affecting his mind to where he is so delusional that he is believing what he is experiencing, or he had come across some technology that allows him to view things from the past, present and future. We don't know the context of that statement as these are only preview pages. However.. if there is somehow time travel, time viewing.. whatever, than that may completely change the way we look at canon.

However I'm just willing to bet that Elden has gone completely balls-out insane and is merely spewing out cryptic words.

Ultramorph

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how far off the rails that particular character goes.  ;D

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 12, 2014, 12:38:49 AM
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how far off the rails that particular character goes.  ;D

I'm willing to bet either Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite territory.

Blacklabel

...the Elden mutant looks laughable.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 12, 2014, 02:45:49 AM
...the Elden mutant looks laughable.

Because he looks like an X-Men character?

Corporal Hicks

I really hope they do do something time bending with the Engineer's. It'll be nice to make them something more than advanced, old humans.

Ultramorph

December Solicitations are up!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55484

Spoiler
We have a Predator that has been black gooed!  :o

QuoteSTRANDED SURVIVORS CLASH—ALIENS FEAST!
Aliens: Fire and Stone #4 (of 4)
Chris Roberson (W), Patric Reynolds (A), Dave Stewart (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Dec 24
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
Tying in with the Prometheus and Aliens films, this tale of stranded survivors and the tenacious xenomorphs that stalk them comes to a close! Scientist Derrick Russell makes more stunning discoveries about the strange planet the Hadley's Hope refugees crashed on, while Aliens close in on him!
• Ties directly into two hit motion pictures!
• From critically acclaimed writer Chris Roberson!

QuoteAlien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
Christopher Sebela (W), Ariel Olivetti (A), and E. M. Gist (Cover)
On sale Dec 3
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
When a Predator is exposed to a mysterious genetic accelerant, the rest of the hunting party is put in unforeseen peril. And as the android Elden continues his violent evolution, his xenomorph allies reject him from the hive.

Quoteredator: Fire and Stone #3 (of 4)
Joshua Williamson (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Dan Brown (C), and Lucas Graciano (Cover)
On sale Dec 17
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
Back among the crewmates he betrayed in Prometheus, Galgo must watch over both shoulders, as his former allies want him to pay, and the Predator that holds him captive wants something far more terrible!
• Joshua Williamson (Nailbiter, Captain Midnight)—Multiversity's breakout writer of 2013!
• Five Ghosts's Chris Mooneyham pits Predator against vicious game!

QuoteALIEN VS. ENGINEER!
Prometheus: Fire and Stone #4 (of 4)
Paul Tobin (W), Juan Ferreyra (A), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale Dec 10
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Miniseries
Casualties rise as the Prometheus's recovery team find themselves trapped between an unrelenting alien horde, a ruthless Engineer, and a vengeful victim of the mysterious accelerant!
• The blockbuster crossover breaks new ground!
• From Eisner Award–winning writer Paul Tobin (Bandette, Colder)!
• Art by Bleeding Cool's 2013 artist of the year, Juan Ferreyra (Colder, Kiss Me, Satan!)!
[close]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2014, 07:18:40 AM
I really hope they do do something time bending with the Engineer's. It'll be nice to make them something more than advanced, old humans.

I honestly wouldn't know how to feel if the Engineers had the ability to time travel. I mean.. Time travel works fine in something like the Terminator franchise. But Alien-Predator? I don't know. A part of me wants to because then we would have an excuse to have multiple timelines, but on the other hand others have pointed out that time travel doesn't fit in with Alien-Predator.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 12, 2014, 05:58:00 PM
December Solicitations are up!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55484
Spoiler

[close]

As we have all suspected but.. It kind of still feels too Predator. I pictured the mutation vastly different since they are alien life forms, but then I suppose I visualized Fifields alternate mutation in mind rather than the zombie-man which was in the final film.

And that summary, did that just confirm that Elden is an Android? Like.. Synth Android? How is he mutating then?

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 12, 2014, 06:13:08 PM
I honestly wouldn't know how to feel if the Engineers had the ability to time travel. I mean.. Time travel works fine in something like the Terminator franchise. But Alien-Predator? I don't know. A part of me wants to because then we would have an excuse to have multiple timelines, but on the other hand others have pointed out that time travel doesn't fit in with Alien-Predator.

It might be cool if they did something where the Engineers basically exist outside of time as we know it, so that things like humanity's history up to the point when they decided to destroy us was basically a second to them or something along those lines. If straight up time travel is done tactfully enough, I could maybe get behind it.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 12, 2014, 06:13:08 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 12, 2014, 05:58:00 PM
Spoiler

[close]

As we have all suspected but.. It kind of still feels too Predator. I pictured the mutation vastly different since they are alien life forms, but then I suppose I visualized Fifields alternate mutation in mind rather than the zombie-man which was in the final film.

And that summary, did that just confirm that Elden is an Android? Like.. Synth Android? How is he mutating then?

The style of that cover reminds me of Predator: Homeworld is the best way, since I really like that series and its art. Hopefully they do some cool stuff with the infected Predator.

On a similar note, I'm excited to see how far Elden mutates. If the xenos start turning on him, he must be turning into something awful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed