Energy recharge for Predator

Started by Space Voyager, May 15, 2009, 06:43:58 AM

Author
Energy recharge for Predator (Read 8,522 times)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: -Logan- on May 17, 2009, 11:04:47 AM

it did cost energy in AVP2, but as i said; the energy recovery should be like Concrete Jungle.

And what was it?

BTW, the disc needed energy to recall, not to shoot or fly. But i agree that the disc needs energy to track. Hey! Maybe Avp 3 shpuld have a disc mode! You know, like the smartgun. You press the right button on the mouse and ,Vwalla!, disc does not track enemy. Maybe it sounds a bit stupid, but it could be a nice touch to the game. Sorta.

jegu

jegu

I certainly do not want to see auto-auto-tracking weapons. Like in AvP2, you select shoulder cannon and laser comes instantly. Tracking should be decided by the player.

Moody

Moody

Quote from: deadmeat on May 17, 2009, 11:53:00 AM
And what was it?

place elektricity units across the lvl and each one is harder to find as they deplete.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: -Logan- on May 17, 2009, 01:11:44 PM
place elektricity units across the lvl and each one is harder to find as they deplete.

Oh, thanks! Never played that game, so I don't know it...

Quote from: jegu on May 17, 2009, 12:49:12 PM
I certainly do not want to see auto-auto-tracking weapons. Like in AvP2, you select shoulder cannon and laser comes instantly. Tracking should be decided by the player.

They should make the laser turn on and off at will, not when you take the shoulder cannon only.

skull-splitter

Quote from: jegu on May 17, 2009, 12:49:12 PM

I'd even go further and have the players choose from optical based and sound based tracking (as in Tracking the rock in P1).

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 17, 2009, 02:03:35 PM
I'd even go further and have the players choose from optical based and sound based tracking (as in Tracking the rock in P1).

Sound based? Sounds like something you need in SP, not MP.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: -Logan- on May 17, 2009, 01:11:44 PM

Well, that doesn't really make much more sense than kills... Why would predators scatter energy packs all over?!

But being able to use semi-depleted human batteries, car accumulators, whatever... Those ARE scattered all around usually. At least where we are.

jegu

jegu

He might have meaned Concrete Jungle type energy source. I would like to see that, bit more variable. In MP, perhaps respawnable  sources or the energy sources could be "hacked" back to life.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Space Voyager on May 18, 2009, 01:20:31 PM
Well, that doesn't really make much more sense than kills... Why would predators scatter energy packs all over?!

But being able to use semi-depleted human batteries, car accumulators, whatever... Those ARE scattered all around usually. At least where we are.

Wall-sockets and transformers around the level as they were in Concrete Jungle was... nice, from a gameplay point of view, but it would suck in a more realistic approach

Quote from: deadmeat on May 17, 2009, 02:07:11 PM
Sound based? Sounds like something you need in SP, not MP.

Both, but have the marines the ability to shield themselves from heatvision would be a much needed pickup in MP then... But I always wanted an amped sound effect for the predator, and every other characters (well, humans at least) have their own heartbeat as a soundsource, so you can hunt by hearing too...

Moody

Moody

Quote from: jegu on May 18, 2009, 03:39:25 PM
He might have meaned Concrete Jungle type energy source. I would like to see that, bit more variable. In MP, perhaps respawnable  sources or the energy sources could be "hacked" back to life.

Yeah i meant that, it could work great if done right

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

The energy recharge has to be like in AvP gold. End of conversation.

skull-splitter

Quote from: deadmeat on May 18, 2009, 05:37:16 PM
The energy recharge has to be like in AvP gold. End of conversation.

Eh, no.

Deadmeat

jegu

jegu

Because Concrete Jungle had genious design on energy recharging. I'd say a very slow recharge for predator, instant when using some energy source.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: deadmeat on May 17, 2009, 11:53:00 AM
But i agree that the disc needs energy to track.

Why? It was never shown to, in the films. Heck, it was never even definitively proven it tracked in the films.

But even if it did? If we suppose it did? Then it would have its own on-board power supply.

For f**k's sake... I'm literally drunk while I'm posting this and it still pisses me off how things are being suggested/done in this game for unnecessary needs of 'balance', when the very source material its based upon never provided any such thing.

The disc/shurikan is powerful, sure, but it's still got to actually hit you and, at long range, that's nowhere near a certainty if you hear or see it coming.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed