AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 326,440 times)

alexpj19

alexpj19

hey guys, i just put up a temp page for my new website, here is an address:  http://www.runawaypicturesstudio.com
also, i'll be putting together a behind the scene video soon, and for those who want to contribute for the future projects there is a donate button on the page

Quote from: SM on May 26, 2010, 12:06:19 AM
Quotepeople would give him donations, sure not everyone would but some people would be more generous to mke up for it, that means he would be gaining money.

That can still be fraught with legal issues.

it's all about having a decent and legally binding disclaimer, for example, if it states clearly that donations are not mandatory for those asking for DVDs, and that all donations would go towards making another film/paying for domain/webservices etc and not be used as "profit", and that he could prove those claims after the fact, it would probably be fine.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: alexpj19 on May 26, 2010, 08:23:03 AM
hey guys, i just put up a temp page for my new website, here is an address:  http://www.runawaypicturesstudio.com
also, i'll be putting together a behind the scene video soon, and for those who want to contribute for the future projects there is a donate button on the page

nice,  can't wait.

SM

SM

Quoteit would probably be fine.

Possibly.  Wouldn't want to try it on without getting actual legal advice though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think the mere fact that he'd be making money with it though will piss Fox off, profit or not profit taking.

SM

SM

The profit thing is neither here nor there.  If you spend $10,000 making a fan film and recieve only $20 in 'donations' - it can still lead to trouble.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ya, because he's making money. That's what I meant.

SM

SM

Yup.

alexpj19

alexpj19

yeah, u guys right, i dont want a single cent from AVPRD, cause it will put me in a very hot water, copy right infringement. no thank you, People at Fox were cool enough letting me do it in the first place, So i want to respect 100% hair Copyrights.

SM

SM

Any more news re: the agent?

alexpj19

alexpj19

yes, im going to LA on Tuesday, i got a first meeting with an agency :) super excited

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: alexpj19 on May 28, 2010, 05:23:13 AM
yes, im going to LA on Tuesday, i got a first meeting with an agency :) super excited
We are excited for you man.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Congratulations Alex, you really deserve it!!!

alexpj19

alexpj19

thanks guys, i'll keep you posted whats going on, I will be pitching them a REBOOT of AVP franchise

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed