AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 326,440 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Don't start with all this darkness crap, I can see it perfectly. It needs to be dark to make the creatures look good, but if you ask me, Alex has got the lighting perfect in this movie.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm serious.I can only see the teeth and a few tubes on the wall. We need differentiation.

War Wager

War Wager

Either your computers brightness is too low or you need your eyes tested. ;)

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: War Wager on Jun 30, 2008, 01:45:14 PM
Either your computers brightness is too low or you need your eyes tested. ;)

Agreed.  The pics are fine.  They are actually "kick-ass" if I might add.  The film should rock.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Actually...I agree. Maybe brighten it up a little. I'm all for shadows so maybe you'd rather use spotlights and place the Aliens in them for important shots like this. Well, important, I mean prominent.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 30, 2008, 03:24:52 PM
Actually...I agree. Maybe brighten it up a little. I'm all for shadows so maybe you'd rather use spotlights and place the Aliens in them for important shots like this. Well, important, I mean prominent.

Dude, it doesn't needs to be a little dark.  It is an ALIEN/Predator movie after all.  I think if you can see it, and make it out, then you're fine. ;)

Simbobs12345

Simbobs12345

This looks so awsome! :o I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result ;) You've got REAL talent man, I like the looks of this so far ;D

alexpj19

alexpj19

guys dont worry about the lightness of the shots, u can see everything perfectly when its a moving shot not a still, im making sure its all visible to a point, cause dark atmosphere is a very importent part of the look, u know what i mean ( cant have the monsters running in the daylight )  :)

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jun 30, 2008, 05:11:19 PM
guys dont worry about the lightness of the shots, u can see everything perfectly when its a moving shot not a still, im making sure its all visible to a point, cause dark atmosphere is a very importent part of the look, u know what i mean ( cant have the monsters running in the daylight )  :)

You got it. ;).  That is exactly what I meant.  I'm glad you remembered that when making the film.  Now, I look even more forward to the finalisation of the film.  This will turn out great.

Also, did you say Fox whas looking at this?  If so, what did they say?

alexpj19

alexpj19

they liked it alot so far, the final answer will be in a week  ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 30, 2008, 03:27:49 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 30, 2008, 03:24:52 PM

Dude, it doesn't needs to be a little dark.  It is an ALIEN/Predator movie after all.  I think if you can see it, and make it out, then you're fine. ;)

I could see and make out things just fine in AvP:R but a little brightness still wouldn't have hurt.

Alex, how are you handling the colour grading?

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jun 30, 2008, 05:33:08 PM
they liked it alot so far, the final answer will be in a week  ;)

How cool is that?!  I mean, that is a big corperation, and they have noticed your talent!  Right on dude!  What do you think they will say?

War Wager

War Wager

We all know whats gonna happen. ^ They're gonna go "Hey, the fans really dig this. Heres a thought, mabye if we make AvP3 like this... people will actually like it and we'll get more money!!" *GASP*

One little question though, will there be any rock/rap music in the movie itself? The trailers had these and it put me off a little. One thing I don't want to see is Aliens and Predators fighting along to rock music. :-X

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Everything looks great so far, but i dont buy this whole FOX thing.

Why would they care to comment about a fanflick someone made on the internet?
They dont care about the fans anyway, so why care about a fanfilm and say that he did a great job?
They cant be that dumb.

Sry, but i smell a huge pile of Bullshit here.

SiL

SiL

Fox might not care about the fans, but they do so love shitcanning fan projects. Game mods, games, fan films - At some point or another Fox has issued cease and desists telling fans to go nick off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed