Author
What went wrong? (Read 13,620 times)

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Quote from: Edvin on Jun 26, 2012, 08:16:32 PM
Quote from: M.O.T.I.M. on Jun 26, 2012, 03:17:20 PM
Quote from: Edvin on Jun 25, 2012, 08:44:02 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 25, 2012, 02:57:11 PM
Michael Bay is a perfect example, 500 million dollars on explosions and 50 dollars on a script

Movies are like cars, they can be as shiny and fast as you want but without a good engine you're f***ed
would you want to watch transformers for anything else than the FX? i think it does right.
classic, people who misses the poin of the entire series.

Michael Bay ruined Transformers.  I hope you know that.  If not, in the words of Ep III Obi Wan, "Then you are lost!!!!"

My god people we are going of topic here but here goes: I grew up with G1, the oldest is still the best, so dont tell me i am lost. Of course Michael Bays movies are bad, but you have to admit the animations are amazing, and the action is some of the greatest ever on film. TF has endured alot worse. i am just glad someone still cares about transformers. and i mean, if you take away everything except the transformers, the story isnt that bad. i mean, Frank and Peter are still doing the voices. and they still rock them! and every one of the movies is kind of like an adventure, where they discover different plots, and then suddenly they explode. its good fun! its so wild and crazy that you just have this adrenaline rush that most movies cant match nowadays. its fun to remember how good transformers was once, but its also nice to know that they still exist, and that the people making it still have love for the series. and i think people take that for granted.

And besides DID YOU SEE DARK OF THE MOON? Sentinel prime came down and was all like, "i am a goodguy, then Megatron and shockwave came, and then EXPLOSIONS! and Sentinel was all like "i am now a bad guy because of reasons" and then he "EXPLODED" IRONHIDE and it was AWESOME and optimus killed everyone and it was AWESOME.

looking forward to the fourth! def not looking forward to turtles though.
and TF prime is by far the worst shit i have seen in a long time, so why dont you start hating on that instead.

Sorry but I find nothing redeeming about those movies whatsoever, and believe me I wish I could.  I tried watching Revenge of the fallen on tv yesterday and I got through the first ten minutes until the unflinching wave of symphonic explosions coupled with the typical michael Bay BAM BAM BAM Visual FX just forced me to shut it off.  Its like being punched in the mind with the fist of stupidity, scene after scene after scene.  I just can't take it.  I won't take it.  I had to walk outta the theatre during T1 it was such a load of counterfeit crap.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: M.O.T.I.M. on Jun 26, 2012, 10:25:29 PM
Its like being punched in the mind with the fist of stupidity

I am amused.

Edvin

Edvin

Sorry but I find nothing redeeming about those movies whatsoever, and believe me I wish I could.  I tried watching Revenge of the fallen on tv yesterday and I got through the first ten minutes until the unflinching wave of symphonic explosions coupled with the typical michael Bay BAM BAM BAM Visual FX just forced me to shut it off.  Its like being punched in the mind with the fist of stupidity, scene after scene after scene.  I just can't take it.  I won't take it.  I had to walk outta the theatre during T1 it was such a load of counterfeit crap.
[/quote]
i believe your describing a stroke, bro, check up at your local hospital.

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Yes Michael Bay is just like a stroke.  Funny you should make that comparison. 

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Edvin on Jun 27, 2012, 05:14:35 PM

[/quote]

Transformers is basically Michael Bay having a stroke with a $500 million budget.

Yes this is off topic but the point I'm trying to make is that movies like these are very pretty with huge budgets but they have no depth whatsoever, so the importance of AvP having a bigger budget isnt the answer, its all about the story

Edvin

Edvin

QuoteYes this is off topic but the point I'm trying to make is that movies like these are very pretty with huge budgets but they have no depth whatsoever, so the importance of AvP having a bigger budget isnt the answer, its all about the story
i agree, but of course there are movies who have a great story and  a big budget, such as Watchmen, Tron:Legacy, Starwars, and more.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Yes exactly, Transformers was just an example of style over substance

Good shout on Watchmen by the way, though to be fair the subject matter was already there

PREDDY VEDDER

PREDDY VEDDER

QuoteTron:Legacy
Tron Legacy was Disney garbage... put down your crack pipe

The AVPs shouldn't have been on earth and shoulda made the creatures more mysterious and scary

Edvin

Edvin

Quote from: PREDDY VEDDER on Jun 27, 2012, 07:42:10 PM

The AVPs shouldn't have been on earth and shoulda made the creatures more mysterious and scary
"Disney Garbage"? the best movies of that year was Inception, Toy Story 3 and Tron: Legacy.

It was a prime year for Disney, and a Prime year for film. Tron Legacy is a underestimated modern Masterpiece.

Disney doesnt make much high Budget Garbage anymore.

SM

SM

Quote from: Edvin on Jun 27, 2012, 06:03:25 PM
QuoteYes this is off topic but the point I'm trying to make is that movies like these are very pretty with huge budgets but they have no depth whatsoever, so the importance of AvP having a bigger budget isnt the answer, its all about the story
i agree, but of course there are movies who have a great story and  a big budget, such as Watchmen, Tron:Legacy, Starwars, and more.

The operative word is "had".  Watchmen had a good story, that when translated to film was incredibly boring.

And Tron:Legacy is nothing to write home about.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2012, 11:31:11 PM
Quote from: Edvin on Jun 27, 2012, 06:03:25 PM

The operative word is "had".  Watchmen had a good story, that when translated to film was incredibly boring.
No... the story is still good. Watchmen is still a good story.
The horrible adaptation doesnt change the original.

SM

SM

Which is essentially what I was saying.

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: Edvin on Jun 27, 2012, 07:53:21 PM
Quote from: PREDDY VEDDER on Jun 27, 2012, 07:42:10 PM

"Disney Garbage"? the best movies of that year was Inception, Toy Story 3 and Tron: Legacy.

It was a prime year for Disney, and a Prime year for film. Tron Legacy is a underestimated modern Masterpiece.

Disney doesnt make much high Budget Garbage anymore.

WTF?

Edvin

Edvin

QuoteThe operative word is "had".  Watchmen had a good story, that when translated to film was incredibly boring.

And Tron:Legacy is nothing to write home about.

what? you are like the first person who didnt like how it was adapted. i would say it is pretty flawless.
and i do not know what "writing home" means.

QuoteWTF?
what?

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Edvin are you sure you're not named after Topher Grace in Predators?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed