Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,829 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Velvet Buzzsaw (2019)
Well made but average thriller with a supernatural touch, from the guy who made Nightcrawler.
Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent. Too bad the movie wasn't. Might have been better if they went full horror.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 05, 2019, 01:48:50 AM
Velvet Buzzsaw (2019)
Well made but average thriller with a supernatural touch, from the guy who made Nightcrawler.
Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent. Too bad the movie wasn't. Might have been better if they went full horror.

I watched it last night and found it very inconsistent. It was horror one minute and then became some sort of satire on the art scene. Very strange movie where all of the characters are just shitty people.

Huggs

Huggs

Godzilla 2014 - Bluray

Prez

Prez

The Vanishing
A loose take on the 3 lightkeepers who mysteriously disappeared off Flannan island in 1900

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Feb 04, 2019, 11:32:28 PM
Quote from: Prez on Feb 04, 2019, 01:17:35 AM
About a third of the way through Mortal Engines. Enjoying it so far. Oh look that kid from Misfits (and the shaman from Fortitude) ... and Elrond/Agent Smith again.

I've never read the book but I really enjoyed this one. Critics savaged it yet I'm not sure why. Well made and reminded me in tone of some of those B grade cult 80s fantasy flicks I used to love so much growing up on.

From what i gather the book is vastly different. But yeah i enjoyed the film as well. Great for what it was

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Overlord (2018)
I wasn't impressed. Just an average WW2 action/adventure with minimal horror influences.
I'll take something like Frankenstein's Army or Dead Snow over stuff like this any day.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Hunger Games (2012)

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014)

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (2015)

Overall score for the series - 9/10.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 06, 2019, 03:38:12 AM
Overlord (2018)
I wasn't impressed. Just an average WW2 action/adventure with minimal horror influences.
I'll take something like Frankenstein's Army or Dead Snow over stuff like this any day.

It was better than The Cloverfield Paradox at least :D

Russ

Russ

As my daughter wasn't old enough, I wasn't allowed to see "The Predator" in the cinema. But we both sat down to watch it last night.

I say this as a non-ironic fan of AvP...

What the actual f**k? What were they thinking? How did they... I mean... why.

Do I need to watch it again - like, are there redeeming factors that I''m missing... I wanted it to be great. Like "Predators" great (I don't care what anyone thinks, its the second best Predator-only movie for me). But it's not even close.

Tell me I'm wrong. I guess now I've seen it, I can go to the relevant thread ...

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Russ on Feb 07, 2019, 07:49:19 AM
As my daughter wasn't old enough, I wasn't allowed to see "The Predator" in the cinema. But we both sat down to watch it last night.

I say this as a non-ironic fan of AvP...

What the actual f**k? What were they thinking? How did they... I mean... why.

Do I need to watch it again - like, are there redeeming factors that I''m missing... I wanted it to be great. Like "Predators" great (I don't care what anyone thinks, its the second best Predator-only movie for me). But it's not even close.

Tell me I'm wrong. I guess now I've seen it, I can go to the relevant thread ...

I enjoyed it but... BIG BUT I went in expecting a Shane Black movie - and it was good fun for what I'd expect from him.
As a Predator film it had some bright moments but oh so many WTF moments too.

Russ

Russ

Yeah - some good moments, but as you say, outweighed by the wtfs *lol*

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: Covenant - Bluray

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

Everest  (2015)   

This movie takes a long time to get going but there is still a lack of character development. Good performances from Jason Clarke and Josh Brolin and there are a couple of sad moments if you don't know the true story. Everest is worth seeing but nothing special, I'd rather watch a documentary about the events.  6/10

Haunting Sarah (2005)

This one was made for tv and it showed. The Sarah of the title is played by a young actress and her acting is terrible, a big problem considering the film centres around her. In general it was mostly boring and predictable.  3/10

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) 

Well it's funny, funny enough but not great.  6/10

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me  (1999)   

I definitely prefer this sequel, Heather Graham is funnier than Liz Hurley's character who was a more serious type. In general I thought it had more proper lol moments, the shit drinking is a highlight.  7/10

Huggs

Huggs

First Blood - Bluray

"C'mon Leroy, sling that paint boy!"

Prez

Prez

Polar
Kill Bill on roids. Hilarious, over the top, gratuitous violence (and sex) but very slick.
Mads is so much fun to watch in this.

Makes me miss Hannibal!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed