Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,074 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 17, 2019, 12:27:37 AM
It also gets pretty headache inducing when you realize these movies have to take place 2007-8 thanks to the timeline shenanigans with Tokyo Drift.

Well Furious 7 and Fate of the Furious definitely take place after Tokyo Drift.. but they'd need to say what year Tokyo Drift takes place  :laugh:

They can easily say Fate takes place a few years later but Furious 7 definitely takes place immediately after Tokyo Drift.

It's best to not think about these things..

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 17, 2019, 12:19:04 AM
The Fate of the Furious (2017)

I had a lot of fun with this one and would definitely consider it a step up from the previous film. Dom works well as the antagonist and I love the banter and bonding between Hobbs and Shaw. A neat little cameo by Helen Mirren and even Owen Shaw getting the chance to redeem himself. Though I must admit it feels a bit weird seeing the guy who killed Han doing an action scene while talking all cute to a baby.

Definitely looking forward to Hobbs & Shaw after seeing this.

You could tell they definitely had the idea to spin off the Hobbs character after 6 or 7, because it's been reported to hell about the feud between The Rock and Vin Diesel during the filming in this movie. If you watch not even that closely you can tell they are never in the same scene together. They saw what a waste it'd be to kill off Statham so they try and make his character more heroic even though he killed Han brutally. You just can't think about that much with these movies  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Let's not forget how Lucas Black played a very convincing teenager in his Furious Seven cameo. ;D

As for Statham, I'm willing to forget about Han if it means more Deckard Shaw in these films. Sorry, Han o'l buddy.

Prez

Prez

ROTK EE
Finally finished it. Epic. Beautiful and yes, that ending at the Grey Havens gets me in the feels every damn time.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Only started watching from part 5. That's when it became about heists and stuff instead of racing, something I really not care about.
After the last one I'm bored with it. Same old stuff over and over again. Kinda wished Statham killed off Diesel and ended the franchise  ;D
The spin-off could be good but it's still pg-13. And how awesome would an R-Rated movie with The Rock and Statham be?!

MudButt

MudButt

Ah, I think these movies are fine as PG-13. It's more about the big action set pieces then the one-on-one action and brutal kills. You can only see so many splatters from someone getting hit by a car or shot in the chest before it gets old.

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 17, 2019, 12:58:32 AM
Let's not forget how Lucas Black played a very convincing teenager in his Furious Seven cameo. ;D

As for Statham, I'm willing to forget about Han if it means more Deckard Shaw in these films. Sorry, Han o'l buddy.

I remember reports of his character joining the team in the movies going forward.. guess that never went anywhere  :laugh:

Yeah this franchise really doesn't do well when it comes to honoring characters who have died. Nobody mentions Gisele (Gal Gadot), nobody even mentioned Han in the eighth movie I think? It seemed the Rock was more mad about the fact that he was thrown out of a window because of Statham's grenade.

Plus let's not forget about their hacker buddy in the very first movie that was shot to death and never discussed again  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Unbreakable

It's been a long time, but damn, it still hits just as hard as it always did.

And Amazon finally shipped the Split blu-ray, and it gets here tomorrow.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 18, 2019, 12:11:28 AM
Unbreakable

Nice!

I wish I didn't know Split & Unbreakable were connected before I watched it. I've owned Unbreakable since it came out on home video, and would have loved to have been surprised by this, as some fortunate people got to experience.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2019, 02:56:55 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 18, 2019, 12:11:28 AM
Unbreakable

Nice!

I wish I didn't know Split & Unbreakable were connected before I watched it. I've owned Unbreakable since it came out on home video, and would have loved to have been surprised by this, as some fortunate people got to experience.

Yeah, people basically spoiled the connection almost immediately after Split came out.

Prez

Prez

It's crazy how many said Unbreakable was slow and boring... I absolutely loved the slow burn of it and then those final 10 mins it just goes BOOM! Great film.

Likewise I really wished I had no idea about the Split connection but sadly the Internet these days makes keeping these things under wraps nigh impossible.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 17, 2019, 05:28:51 PMYeah this franchise really doesn't do well when it comes to honoring characters who have died. Nobody mentions Gisele (Gal Gadot), nobody even mentioned Han in the eighth movie I think? It seemed the Rock was more mad about the fact that he was thrown out of a window because of Statham's grenade.

Come to think of it, did Hobbs even acknowledge the fact that Elena went missing in The Fate of the Furious? Or her death, for that matter? They seemed to close colleagues and friends, someone he trusted enough to take care of his daughter in the previous film. I might have missed it, but I really think he should have said or done something in the film to acknowledge this. :-\

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 18, 2019, 03:06:31 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 17, 2019, 05:28:51 PMYeah this franchise really doesn't do well when it comes to honoring characters who have died. Nobody mentions Gisele (Gal Gadot), nobody even mentioned Han in the eighth movie I think? It seemed the Rock was more mad about the fact that he was thrown out of a window because of Statham's grenade.

Come to think of it, did Hobbs even acknowledge the fact that Elena went missing in The Fate of the Furious? Or her death, for that matter? They seemed to close colleagues and friends, someone he trusted enough to take care of his daughter in the previous film. I might have missed it, but I really think he should have said or done something in the film to acknowledge this. :-\

Not one word  8)

Like I said, once you start thinking about this franchise too hard it becomes more and more dumb  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Alien Resurrection - Bluray

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 18, 2019, 05:25:58 PM

Not one word  8)

Like I said, once you start thinking about this franchise too hard it becomes more and more dumb  :laugh:

How about in 6, with Wonder Woman falling off the wing of the plane and dying, while Dom is in the plane when it crashes and explodes into flames and somehow survives? And apparently the bad guy survived too, from what I've heard of 7.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 19, 2019, 02:09:42 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 18, 2019, 05:25:58 PM

Not one word  8)

How about in 6, with Wonder Woman falling off the wing of the plane and dying, while Dom is in the plane when it crashes and explodes into flames and somehow survives?

Roll cages brother, roll cages.  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Night Comes for Us

Holy f**k, that was brutal. This is is probably the closest we'll get to a Raid 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed